The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

So who is the bebe? I say one of the Losties is the baby. The statue is also the Eyptian god of Death.

I still say the island is Atlantis. My head hurts. This show rules

the_wizzard

QuoteMy head hurts. This show rules
ditto and ditto....
Sawyer/James/Jim..... :o!  I have to watch this again on abc.com....

the_wizzard

QuoteThe statue is also the Eyptian god of Death.

Anubis?

Ghosts_on_TV

Anubis has 5 toes though...
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

mjkoehler

As a man he has 5, in doggie form he's supposed to have 4.

el_chode

I'm not convinced it's Atlantis.

Anubis is Plausible.

As for the baby, let's pool our knowledge:

It was 1974, meaning that if the "modern" times is contemporaneous, it would make the subject (relative to the survivors) somewhere in their 30s.

It's a boy.

It can't be Faraday's mom, nor is it Charlotte's. Neither can it be Miles. We know who the parents were for Kate, Jack, Claire, and Hurley. Locke is too old.
I'm surrounded by assholes

mjkoehler

That leaves Desmond. We never really hear about his parents. There is a reason Charles wanted him to go on that boat race and it was more then to get him away from Penny. Yes, neither parent is Scottish, but if you are raised in an area with an accent, you pick it up. That's more story and I'm sticking with it until they say the baby's name.

We also know Sawyers 'rents so he's out.

BH

Not that this makes a big difference but I think the baby was born in 1977.    They said it was '74 during a scene that was "Three years earlier".   I think.

(Well that just clears up everything doesn't it.)   ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jbones72

QuoteI assume you're speechless.

I am too

Except I'm not sure if it's from the episode or the fact that ABC DECIDED IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE US WAIT TWO WEEKS

I thought that this season was going to run uninterrupted! I feel sorry for people who gave up on this show after season 2!

mjkoehler

QuoteI assume you're speechless.

I am too

Except I'm not sure if it's from the episode or the fact that ABC DECIDED IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE US WAIT TWO WEEKS

I thought that this season was going to run uninterrupted! I feel sorry for people who gave up on this show after season 2!
I know. ABC is doing something. Probably some third rate celebrity dancing show or some stupid shit like that.

the_wizzard

QuoteI'm not convinced it's Atlantis.

Anubis is Plausible.

As for the baby, let's pool our knowledge:

It was 1974, meaning that if the "modern" times is contemporaneous, it would make the subject (relative to the survivors) somewhere in their 30s.

It's a boy.

It can't be Faraday's mom, nor is it Charlotte's. Neither can it be Miles. We know who the parents were for Kate, Jack, Claire, and Hurley. Locke is too old.
Ethan is a theory floating around on the interwebs....

el_chode

Ethan could make sense. My brother and I wondered if it could be Desmond since we don't really know anything about his past in that sense (or do we and I'm forgetting)?

Another theory is that it's not definitely 1974?

So I'm reading this news article http://www.economist.com/science/displaystory.cfm?story_id=13226725, totally unrelated to LOST, and it occurs to me after getting into an argument last night on why Michael couldn't die (this is what happens when I drink too much)...

If, once visiting the island, a quantum entanglement occurs between them and whatever the mystery is at the heart of the island is, then it would make sense that no matter how spatially separated they all are from the island, they're both inextricably related to one another until they can get "untangled".

If anyone knows more about this than I, feel free to make fun of me.

Jbones72

QuoteEthan could make sense. My brother and I wondered if it could be Desmond since we don't really know anything about his past in that sense (or do we and I'm forgetting)?

Another theory is that it's not definitely 1974?

So I'm reading this news article http://www.economist.com/science/displaystory.cfm?story_id=13226725, totally unrelated to LOST, and it occurs to me after getting into an argument last night on why Michael couldn't die (this is what happens when I drink too much)...

If, once visiting the island, a quantum entanglement occurs between them and whatever the mystery is at the heart of the island is, then it would make sense that no matter how spatially separated they all are from the island, they're both inextricably related to one another until they can get "untangled".

If anyone knows more about this than I, feel free to make fun of me.

I thought Desmond also, but Ethan is also a good guess. I wonder if we go back look at any pictures of Locke in the pit with all the dead Darma bodies will we see Leflur or Miles, Jin, names among the bodies?

el_chode

Since there's no new episode tonite, chew on this:

Hermanubis: The Roman-Egyptian hybrid shepherd of souls:

Jbones72

As for the statue here's some more info from the interwebs...

The Ankh: The Egyptian hieroglyph is a symbol of eternal life and fertility. Egyptian gods are often portrayed carrying it by its loop, or bearing one in each hand, arms crossed over their chest. The giant statue appears to be holding one in each hand but its arms are by its sides, not crossed over its chest. Paul's necklace was an ankh, which Amy takes from him after he dies. Amy later successfully gives birth on the Island.

mjkoehler

So did they piss off the gods to create the infertility? And what did they do? hmmmm

Man this show rules.

el_chode

QuoteSo did they piss off the gods to create the infertility? And what did they do? hmmmm

Man this show rules.

I wonder if they'll end up incorporating any truly supernatural concept like that. I get the impression they want to keep it to a conceptualized religion and not actual deities, but who knows.

el_chode

This horrible, horrible source seems to imply that Desmond is donefor

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/tv-death-chart.html?cnn=yes

the_wizzard

QuoteThis horrible, horrible source seems to imply that Desmond is donefor

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/tv-death-chart.html?cnn=yes
1 major, 1 major-ish...hmmmmmm

I really hope it is not desmond, as he is special and can change the timeline.  I was hoping he was the key to the finale...... :-/