The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_wizzard

21 days!  Sounds like a lot of mysteries will be solved in the premier, but I am sure new ones will be created:
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60B5NZ20100112?type=entertainmentNews
and Libby is back (in some form or another...)  :o

Jbones72

Saving watching "The Incident" until a day or 2 before the premier. Have a feeling we are going to see Jacob/Smokey and the Black Rock in episode 1.

mjkoehler

So excited about this. I.Cannot.Wait!

el_chode

So far the only promo of non-recycled shots:

WHAT CAN IT POSSIBLY MEAN?
I'm surrounded by assholes

AMightyCaporal

QuoteSo far the only promo of non-recycled shots:

You don't know what it means? Haven't you seen The Da Vinci Code? DUHHHHHHHHH
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

the_wizzard

Other shows (The Sopranos for one) have done a Last Supper inspired shot before their final season.  I don't think it should be read into too deeply but there are some themes that do correlate.......

Resurrection, redemption, faith vs. science, the temple (which I am dying to learn more about), good vs. evil, the faults/sins of mankind, etc...

el_chode

Other shows (The Sopranos for one) have done a Last Supper inspired shot before their final season.  I don't think it should be read into too deeply but there are some themes that do correlate.......

Resurrection, redemption, faith vs. science, the temple (which I am dying to learn more about), good vs. evil, the faults/sins of mankind, etc...

Battlestar did as well

Except with LOST, I find it hard to believe that anything involved is anecdotal at best. Everything is for a reason...

kydiddle

Is it unnatural to be really attached to a show? I know it will be a waterfall of tears when it's over.

I can't wait. I don't want to make predictions or scope out any theories beforehand, I just want to watch and enjoy.
Cow temperature.

the_wizzard

QuoteIs it unnatural to be really attached to a show?
No, not at all  ;)

Let the countdown begin...16 days until the premier:

el_chode

I was just watching season 1, and it all clicked. Well, not all of it. But on the second disc, the episode about Locke, when Jack sees his dad in the woods, a lightbulb went off regarding Lock & Destiny.

Locke was leaving Australia because he was denied his walkabout, where he was to become one with the earth. He was denied, after loudly yelling "this is my destiny".

Well he was right. It was his destiny, but not yet...the Island is literally his walkabout.

He has become the island and thus fulfilled his destiny as being one with the earth.

kydiddle

QuoteI was just watching season 1, and it all clicked. Well, not all of it. But on the second disc, the episode about Locke, when Jack sees his dad in the woods, a lightbulb went off regarding Lock & Destiny.

Locke was leaving Australia because he was denied his walkabout, where he was to become one with the earth. He was denied, after loudly yelling "this is my destiny".

Well he was right. It was his destiny, but not yet...the Island is literally his walkabout.

He has become the island and thus fulfilled his destiny as being one with the earth.

Nice.
Cow temperature.

kydiddle

Cow temperature.

the_wizzard

Ghosts_on_TV

Watching season 5 now...
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

AMightyCaporal

Quote12 Days.......

mmm.... i love doughnuts!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

the_wizzard

Well I have been too busy for a proper count down, but 6 days kids!  I am so excited! I am so excited! I am so excited! I am so excited! I am so excited! I am so excited! I am so excited! I am so excited!

mjkoehler

The trailer they used last night was very interesting.

Jbones72

Like the tidbit that Jacob's tapestry had Egyptian & Greek writing on it, plus quotes from the Odyssey.

el_chode

QuoteLike the tidbit that Jacob's tapestry had Egyptian & Greek writing on it, plus quotes from the Odyssey.

Was it the true Iliad-Odyssey or were they quoting from James Joyce' Ulysses, which has appeared before, and explains Desmond.