The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcdub

QuoteSpeaking of Ana Lucia, it struck me as odd that Hurley knew who she was without skipping a beat, like everything that happened on the island had all come back to him.

That was the point of the Hurley episode I think...when oyu find your constant, you "merge"
I know that during his date with Libby he started remembering or merging or whatever you want to call it, but I didn't realize that he had fully merged. I was half expecting that to happen when they all got together. I think we all thought it was going to be at the hospital, but its looking like its all going to go down at the concert
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

dcdub

the only contradiction I saw in last nights episode was Locke told ben he could have the island all to himself after he left and then he told ben at the well he was going to destroy the island.
I think he may have slipped up in front of Ben. I'm not sure what to think about Ben. Maybe he doesn't really want to help MiB, he just wanted to kill Widmore, which is understandable. Or maybe he was going to help MiB, but now that MiB said he's going to destroy the island rather than let Ben have it all to his own, Ben is going to con him.
Richard is totally still alive, MiB was just getting him out of the way which is all he can do

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I think MiB is going to flush desmond down the golden toilet and overload the mainframe.  

It is going to be awesome if jack can give people powers.  It also makes me wonder if he's going to have to hand the job to possibly sawyer or something.  If he can even do that.  Sawyer is going to do something pretty bad ass probably.  Miles has all that C4 in the backpack I think... I also still sorta think Locke is going to die on the operating table or something and that's going to make jack remember.  jack didn't really give a fuck about locke when he was alive, he only gave a fuck when he was dead ie being the only person to show up to his funeral.  

who knows though, maybe he'll walk again and it'll be a happy locke ending. It sorta seems like fate fucks John Locke pretty bad, we shall see come sunday.  

el_chode

QuoteI think MiB is going to flush desmond down the golden toilet and overload the mainframe.  

It is going to be awesome if jack can give people powers.  It also makes me wonder if he's going to have to hand the job to possibly sawyer or something.  If he can even do that.  Sawyer is going to do something pretty bad ass probably.  Miles has all that C4 in the backpack I think... I also still sorta think Locke is going to die on the operating table or something and that's going to make jack remember.  jack didn't really give a fuck about locke when he was alive, he only gave a fuck when he was dead ie being the only person to show up to his funeral.  

who knows though, maybe he'll walk again and it'll be a happy locke ending. It sorta seems like fate fucks John Locke pretty bad, we shall see come sunday.  

I think it will be something like if Jack wins on the Island, Locke survives in surgery, but if Jack loses on the Island, the surgery fails
I'm surrounded by assholes

the_wizzard

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteCheck this out, all you Lost & Guy Burwell fans...
http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/xrx/body.php?module=product_details&pid=2880&id=172

Nice! Tonights the night folks!
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/xrx/body.php?module=product_details&pid=2880&id=172

I don't know why but I have a feeling we might get some answers tonight.  

Jon T.

I really can't believe that this show is almost over.

dcdub

Between the 2 hour recap episode and the 2 hour finale we better get some damn answers! I'm really excited to finally figure out what's been going on for the past 6 years. Not sure what I'm gonna do with my Tuesday nights now

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI really can't believe that this show is almost over.

I'm glad they went with the 2 and a half hour finale instead of just two hours.  It'll make the final episode feel more satisfying.  it's like Lost: The Movie tonight.  it'll be interesting what they end up highlighting in the recap episode.  

Ben killed his mother when he was born because the islands pull was so strong and shit.  I need to watch that episode again.  going to we smokin some buds and max relaxing tonight.  after lost I'll hopefully be able to catch the encore of Breaking Bad.  Amazing night of television tonight.  ...never thought I'd ever say that with honesty but tonight is going to be entertaining as hell tv wise.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Between the 2 hour recap episode and the 2 hour finale we better get some damn answers! I'm really excited to finally figure out what's been going on for the past 6 years. Not sure what I'm gonna do with my Tuesday nights now

yeah it's insane.  I've never followed a show this long and intensely while it was still on the air.  I watched the wire after it was over so I missed that, missed battlestar.  Lost will go down in history for network television.  very pumped to see Jack use powers more than anything.  Claire is still around and now possibly psycho again because they left her, again.  

I think Sawyer ends the cycle since he's sitting in that broken circle piece of the plane in the season opener, it was forshadowing the fuck out his bad assness.  Ben, I don't know what to think about him right now, awesome character but completely unpredictable.

el_chode

Ladies and Gentlemen and Sticky, I'd like to say it has been an honor speculating, guessing, predicting, and otherwise bantering about this incredibly written and amazingly engaging show (even if the acting wasn't all there at times).

Regardless of what tonite holds for us, good or bad, answers or not, this rollercoaster has been bitchin', even if the last hill doesn't climb as high as the first.

Godspeed, and enjoy

(oh, and one last guess...so will this light be something like a solar eclipse - science can explain what religion gives supernatural powers?)

el_chode

My checklist of things I'd like to see tonite:

1) Why is the island underwater
2) How the timelines interact
3) What is the light/power
4) Is Ben good or evil?
4a) What is/is there really good and evil?
5) Who is the hero?
6) What's up with Carthage/what is the connection or importance of the classical ancient world that gave us the glyphs, statue, and where the donkey wheel spit you out
7) How does the donkey wheel work

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteLadies and Gentlemen and Sticky, I'd like to say it has been an honor speculating, guessing, predicting, and otherwise bantering about this incredibly written and amazingly engaging show (even if the acting wasn't all there at times).

Regardless of what tonite holds for us, good or bad, answers or not, this rollercoaster has been bitchin', even if the last hill doesn't climb as high as the first.

Godspeed, and enjoy

(oh, and one last guess...so will this light be something like a solar eclipse - science can explain what religion gives supernatural powers?)

my theory in a few words is simply.. they are going to destroy universe in timeline A thus being able to merge into B.  

I want to know if MiB wins or not, as well as how intense jacks powers are.  I also predict that mr. nadler made the statue since they showed him making those teeth all statue-eskly.

It's going to be interesting tonight and it most definitely has been a really great conversion in this thread.  i've been part of other lost discussions before but the people were so close-minded it wasn't it fun or worth it.  everyone who has been a part of this thread has been simply awesome.  this place is and will be legendary.  enjoy the finale folks.  

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteMy checklist of things I'd like to see tonite:

1) Why is the island underwater
2) How the timelines interact
3) What is the light/power
4) Is Ben good or evil?
4a) What is/is there really good and evil?
5) Who is the hero?
6) What's up with Carthage/what is the connection or importance of the classical ancient world that gave us the glyphs, statue, and where the donkey wheel spit you out
7) How does the donkey wheel work

I want to know whether or not MiB succeeds or if his quest isn't completely stopped unless they do something in Timeline B.  I'm not sure if that made sense I've been smokin blunts, countin cheese, and fuckin bitches til their assholes bleed.

el_chode

Uhhhhhhhhh whut.

20 mins in my fiancée has a beautiful theory: they all must "connect" before the island goes down to "download" themselves to timeline B like a cylon. So long as Jack keeps Locke alive in surgery, MiB can't transfer.

I top it off with the final battle being a race to save the Island from sinking or some shit.

Instead, all we get is a fake alternate timeline making this whole season moot and Jack somehow dying in timeline B.

No sir, I don't like it

el_chode

Upon further review, I don't not like it, but I think it was a total cop out. I feel like they abandoned a lot of the mythology for this half A Christmas carol be careful what you wish for thing where you create a happy land to see your friends.

I feel like they dodged the big question. To explain why the island is important they show you how much it sucks I'd it didn't exist. Well, yeah, but you still didn't answer my question

The DARK

QuoteUpon further review, I don't not like it, but I think it was a total cop out. I feel like they abandoned a lot of the mythology for this half A Christmas carol be careful what you wish for thing where you create a happy land to see your friends.

I feel like they dodged the big question. To explain why the island is important they show you how much it sucks I'd it didn't exist. Well, yeah, but you still didn't answer my question

If you don't like the ending to the flash sideways, keep in mind that can be taken as completely different from the island story. Just blot out the spiritual ending if you want and you still have a satisfying adventure story, albeit one that didn't answer all your questions. I thought it was excellent, though I understand it's gonna be polarizing.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

yeah I thought the end payout was pretty fucking lazy.  of all things to go with they went with the fucking 6th sense ending.  regardless, the only part that made the ending not totally gay was that ben stayed out of the church.  life=purgatory or some shit.  fuck it I don't care anymore at the moment.  i'll probably watch it again tomorrow or when I get the time without the commercials it might be better.  the episode was solid as fuck up until he's like "I'm dead?" or whatever the fuck.  

hurley taking over the island/the plane leaving, lazy as fuck.  unless it is what kimmel said and basically jack's test.  since they're dead but alive you could even speculate that they were dead as soon as they crashed on the island.  they literally made the ending as open as possible.  the only for sure thing is they're dead as fuck but soaking in the golden rays.

shit breaking bad is starting.  I love that AMC plays it at 10pm, 11pm, and 1am.

AMightyCaporal

I LOVED this episode- I don't have time to get into it because I'll be late for work- nor do I have the brain power to try and explain it this early in the morning but what else could you ask for?  When it comes down to it- you got to see every character you loved/hated/obsessed over in one place.

ok screw it-

The idea of souls traveling together through lifetimes- forming different relationships in each lifetime is beautiful-  in that sense, all of our favorite people will live on forever.  Ben didn't go in because either he wasn't ready, or perhaps he wasn't dead- that he is the caretaker of the island.  The acting in the episode was incredible especially the reactions following the flashes of understanding, Locke's ability to grin as the man in black and himself and both be completely different, and Jack's break down when he finally gets that he has died- it was not over acted- he wasn't screaming "why oh why" it was the pain of letting go and embracing his father (who he had a tremendously difficult relationship with)

finally- the last scene, Jack stumbles back into the forest- to lay down in the same spot he woke from.  Eyes closed.  This show has always been about two halves- good/evil, black/white, science/faith, life/death... what better way to end it then?

also, since Vincent wasn't in the church- then he must still be kicking around the island- drinking margaritas out of a bowl and chilling.  He probably is the protector.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!  So happy I became lost this year!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side