Questions and Answers Thread

Started by mother_earth, Jun 12, 2009, 02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vespachick

QuoteMJK, what running shoes do you use?

He seems like a Nike Shox or Asics guy  8-)

It is virtually impossible to coexist as a Nike Guy or an Asics Guy.  Seriously.  Nike's are made for people with zero feet.  Or if it's a rare sunday and, if they actually have zero feet, they are VERY small - with no arch.)

(I will divulge here that I am an Asics/Addidas Girl ;))

;)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

capt. scotty

It is virtually impossible to coexist as a Nike Guy or an Asics Guy.  Seriously.  Nike's are made for people with zero feet.  Or if it's a rare sunday and, if they actually have zero feet, they are VERY small - with no arch.)

(I will divulge here that I am an Asics/Addidas Girl ;))

;)

So its that obvious Im not a runner?!  ;D

I dont buy shoes very often, but my "walking" athletic shoes are Nike Air 360 or something like that. Theyre pretty comfy. I kind of fit into your generalization - my feet have no arch. I wear gel pads in most shoes I wear. My feet arent small though, I wear a 12-13 depending on the brand.

I did have a pair of Adidas running shoes 5-6 years ago that were pretty nice as well though.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

When I first started getting in shape I just wore plain Nike tennis shoes. My knees and feet started to hurt. My bro who is into fitness made it clear that I needed a good pair of shoes, even if all I was doing at the time was walking. So I went with the New Balance 1123's, because I needed the motion control. I wore those out, and I could tell that my step wasn't bad anymore. So this time around I went with the NB 587's (a little less expensive!).

Yespa (nice name switch btw), I'm surprised that Adidas is a good fit, but Nike wasn't. I guess I've only had two pairs of regular Adidas, and they've been very snug each time. Looks like we all are in the same wide feet boat! Avia? I'll have to check them out next time around. I wouldn't say I'm a New Balance loyalist. I had a pair of Saucony's before, and they were the most comfortable running shoes I've ever had, so I'm always looking for the most comfy shoes.  

Headdy, we all know Nike sucks for running shoes, at least that's what I've been told.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

Way wrong their Cap'n.  ;)

Hey Walt- I'm almost exclusivly an Avia guy. Their shoes are very breathable, light, and they always have a lot in wide shoes. Being in the shallow end of the Koehler gene pool, my flat, wide feet can appreciate a nice wide shoe.

The first question that was actually answered!  8-)

mjkoehler

Way wrong their Cap'n.  ;)

Hey Walt- I'm almost exclusivly an Avia guy. Their shoes are very breathable, light, and they always have a lot in wide shoes. Being in the shallow end of the Koehler gene pool, my flat, wide feet can appreciate a nice wide shoe.

The first question that was actually answered!  8-)
I aims to please!

Check out Kohl's. They usually carry a very wide selection of Avia. They will have both regular and Wides and their Wides are clearly marked. They are reasonably priced also.

Yes, Nike sucks. I've never been a Nike fan. Just over priced crap.

Penny Lane

i never run in anything but asics...but you're right avia and even BROOKS make decent running shoes. the WORST running shoes you can get are Nike or Addidas. they are grounded in the cross-training modes...especially if you're running distance..or more than a few miles. new balance are okay if you have arches but will kill you if you don't. Just my .02!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

when will Dippin Dots no longer be the "ice cream of the future" and just be ice cream?

I mean, its been around for a decade or maybe longer, so when is regular ice cream going to be kicked to the curb like VHS tapes and cassettes and Dippin Dots will be what you find in the freezer aisle?

and for the record, I have never had Dippin Dots before.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Why does it feel so awesome to get your hair shampooed before getting a haircut?

...and still waiting on that Dippin' Dots answer  ::)

megalicious

dude, i don't know. i love dippin dots, though.

true/funny story: one time i tried to eat dippin dots while stoned. i noticed that dippin dots were touted as "the ice cream of the future," and then i thought about the future (in that 1950's, Disney, Tomorrowland sense) for about 30 minutes... and i realized my dippin dots had melted.

:'(
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

BH

Quotedude, i don't know. i love dippin dots, though.

true/funny story: one time i tried to eat dippin dots while stoned. i noticed that dippin dots were touted as "the ice cream of the future," and then i thought about the future (in that 1950's, Disney, Tomorrowland sense) for about 30 minutes... and i realized my dippin dots had melted.

:'(
;D ;D tears
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

Seriously, that was funny.  ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

BH

I got to tour the Dippin' Dots factory because we used to sell them some stuff.  I learned that the magic behind the dippin' dot is an invention a guy came up with that basically drops a drip of ice cream thru a super cooled tunnel and by the time it lands at the bottom, it's frozen.   Also the reason they will never be the future of ice cream is that they have to be stored at a temperature below normal grocery store freezers.  That's why you only see them at special events in special freezer carts.  The cost is hard to justify as well if it's not "vending" pricing.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Soulshine

QuoteI got to tour the Dippin' Dots factory because we used to sell them some stuff.  I learned that the magic behind the dippin' dot is an invention a guy came up with that basically drops a drip of ice cream thru a super cooled tunnel and by the time it lands at the bottom, it's frozen.   Also the reason they will never be the future of ice cream is that they have to be stored at a temperature below normal grocery store freezers.  That's why you only see them at special events in special freezer carts.  The cost is hard to justify as well if it's not "vending" pricing.

The dude that invented dippin dots went to SIU. Also, you have to eat them with a plastic spoon b/c they're so cold you cant eat them w/ silverware. You'd end up in a situation like the kid in A Christmas Story.
Also, Meg I think we should be friends and hang out  ;D
Because we're all in this together...

capt. scotty

QuoteI got to tour the Dippin' Dots factory because we used to sell them some stuff.  I learned that the magic behind the dippin' dot is an invention a guy came up with that basically drops a drip of ice cream thru a super cooled tunnel and by the time it lands at the bottom, it's frozen.   Also the reason they will never be the future of ice cream is that they have to be stored at a temperature below normal grocery store freezers.  That's why you only see them at special events in special freezer carts.  The cost is hard to justify as well if it's not "vending" pricing.

Now thats what Im talking about! Thats awesome. That's like those "how do they make cheez-its" commercials but real life.

Im going to need to try Dippin Dots at some points I think now

TheBigChicken

Is anyone here into canning or jarring food. If so could you recommend a guide that could help. Thanks
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

megalicious

glad y'all appreciated the dippin dots story.
:)

big chicken: maybe this guide can help.
http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/publications/publications_usda.html
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

capt. scotty

Does anyone know how the Earned Income Tax Credit thing works when filing a tax return?

I went to irs.gov/eitc and figured out I qualify for it, but Im not sure if I need to fill out some other kind of form/paperwork separate from the regular tax return and whatnot.

.Walt

QuoteDoes anyone know how the Earned Income Tax Credit thing works when filing a tax return?

I went to irs.gov/eitc and figured out I qualify for it, but Im not sure if I need to fill out some other kind of form/paperwork separate from the regular tax return and whatnot.

Hope it's not too late, one of my best friends is a accountant. I'll ask him for yah if you still need it. It's tax season, so he's usually working late, I'll get at'cha later tonight.

capt. scotty

QuoteDoes anyone know how the Earned Income Tax Credit thing works when filing a tax return?

Hope it's not too late, one of my best friends is a accountant. I'll ask him for yah if you still need it. It's tax season, so he's usually working late, I'll get at'cha later tonight.

Dont see why it would be too late...all of its due April 15th, right?

Thanks  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon T.

Dont see why it would be too late...all of its due April 15th, right?

Thanks  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

You'll need Form 8867 to go along with your 1040.  

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8867.pdf