Questions and Answers Thread

Started by mother_earth, Jun 12, 2009, 02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

Is that the answer? I called him, left a message, and then he called me back later, but I was taking a little cat nap.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

QuoteDoes anyone know how the Earned Income Tax Credit thing works when filing a tax return?

I went to irs.gov/eitc and figured out I qualify for it, but Im not sure if I need to fill out some other kind of form/paperwork separate from the regular tax return and whatnot.

Hope it's not too late, one of my best friends is a accountant. I'll ask him for yah if you still need it. It's tax season, so he's usually working late, I'll get at'cha later tonight.

Dont see why it would be too late...all of its due April 15th, right?

Thanks  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

You'll need Form 8867 to go along with your 1040.  

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8867.pdf

Thanks Jon!

Since you knew the answer to this, do you know anything about this Making Work Pay Tax Credit? Do I need to fill out another additional form?

If I apply for these two credits, is it still alright just to fill out a 1040EZ, or would I need to do one of the other 1040's?? Id have to check my W-2 again, but I think I made less than 10K last year. Also, I dont still currently work for the place, so I dont know if that has any effect on the Making Work Pay Tax Credit
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ms. yvon

true/funny story: one time i tried to eat dippin dots while stoned. i noticed that dippin dots were touted as "the ice cream of the future," and then i thought about the future (in that 1950's, Disney, Tomorrowland sense) for about 30 minutes... and i realized my dippin dots had melted.

:'(
[smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]
awesome, meg!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Crispy

true/funny story: one time i tried to eat dippin dots while stoned. i noticed that dippin dots were touted as "the ice cream of the future," and then i thought about the future (in that 1950's, Disney, Tomorrowland sense) for about 30 minutes... and i realized my dippin dots had melted.

:'(
HA! This made me LOL  ;D
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

aMillionDreams

QuoteIs anyone here into canning or jarring food. If so could you recommend a guide that could help. Thanks

I just noticed this post, but if you're still looking the Ball Book of Canning is a harvester's bible.  Other than that if you want to use google, type in the recipe you're looking for +ext to find an extension service recipe.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

what type of condiment(s) are typically eaten with crab cakes?

i was thinking cocktail sauce but I could be way off
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quotewhat type of condiment(s) are typically eaten with crab cakes?

ooh I know, penis and penis.  mmhmm.  [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Tracy 3000

remoulade
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Ruckus

remoulade
A proper jumbo lump cake requires NO CONDIMENTS.  If it does....it's not a crab cake.  If your going cute fancy restaurant version of a crab cake, you'll get an assortment of sauces but out here, the buttery sweet flavor of jumbo lump blue crab would be masked by any sauce and is unnecessary.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

Well, now I want a crab cake.  Jeez, thanks, Ruckus.   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

QuoteWell, now I want a crab cake.  Jeez, thanks, Ruckus.   ;D

crab cakes are in my top five foods of all time  
You're right, no sauce! Mmmmmmmmmmm
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

remoulade

I would go for that as well, except despite quite an assortment of condiments at my place, didnt have remoulade on hand

Ruckus - I agree. These are Phillips' seafood frozen crab cakes. Didnt end up eating them yet. Not sure where they rank in quality, but sauce will likely be used.

ynwa

i got summonsed for jury duty  :-\.  it was sent to my parents' address (they put it w/ my xmas gifts - THANKS SANTA!!!) which i haven't lived at for quite some time.  now, i have a medical excuse which will hopefully get me out of it (i know, i know... it's my civic duty, but, c'mon - who WANTS to do it?) but i have a couple questions, for serious:

there is a "change of name/address" section.  so, if i just don't send it back - how would they know i actually rec'd the summons?  you don't have to sign for it or anything.  in other words, is this something that could easily have been "lost in the mail" w/out running the risk of these fines & punishments they threaten to impose for not responding?

there's a questionnaire (you) are supposed to complete which asks for things like home & work phone #'s, name of employer, occupation etc. & frankly - i think that's none of their business.  i mean, i work on the books & pay my taxes etc. so it's all on record somewhere i suppose.  but why would the jury management office need this info?  (i'm not comfortable with that & am tempted to write "N.O.Y.B.". tho, i prob wouldn't be doing myself any favors by being a smartass, would i?  that one's rhetorical.)

why aren't these things sent w/ postage paid return envelopes - wtf?  fine.  maybe this one counts more as a gripe than a question.

"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

lil sis

Quote from: ynwa on Jan 14, 2011, 03:03 PM
i got summonsed for jury duty  :-\.  it was sent to my parents' address (they put it w/ my xmas gifts - THANKS SANTA!!!) which i haven't lived at for quite some time.  now, i have a medical excuse which will hopefully get me out of it (i know, i know... it's my civic duty, but, c'mon - who WANTS to do it?) but i have a couple questions, for serious:

there is a "change of name/address" section.  so, if i just don't send it back - how would they know i actually rec'd the summons?  you don't have to sign for it or anything.  in other words, is this something that could easily have been "lost in the mail" w/out running the risk of these fines & punishments they threaten to impose for not responding?

there's a questionnaire (you) are supposed to complete which asks for things like home & work phone #'s, name of employer, occupation etc. & frankly - i think that's none of their business.  i mean, i work on the books & pay my taxes etc. so it's all on record somewhere i suppose.  but why would the jury management office need this info?  (i'm not comfortable with that & am tempted to write "N.O.Y.B.". tho, i prob wouldn't be doing myself any favors by being a smartass, would i?  that one's rhetorical.)

why aren't these things sent w/ postage paid return envelopes - wtf?  fine.  maybe this one counts more as a gripe than a question.
You can postpone the date.  I did that about 5 years ago and nothing ever came of it.  Then about two years ago I was summoned again and when I called the night before to check to see if I still had to go in I didn't have to.  So, you may not need to go anyway.

Don't have any answers to your other questions, but I highly suggest not printing NOYB on your form.  Just sayin.  :)

Isn't Haldon a lawyer?  Maybe he can shed some light on this although the jury system in FL might be different than NJ.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

capt. scotty

Quote from: lil sis on Jan 14, 2011, 06:07 PM

Isn't Haldon 63% of the forum a lawyer?  Maybe he can shed some light on this although the jury system in FL might be different than NJ.

fixed*

el_chode

I'm not a lawyer (yet...well, technically, I am but I'm unlicensed, which is the best kind of licensed)

But since you posted here, and the forum is technically open to google searches probably, you sort of just went on the record admitting you go it.
I'm surrounded by assholes

danz

Quote from: sweatboard on Jun 19, 2009, 05:00 PM

Question.  What are the backup singers chanting at the end of Secret Meeting by The National.  When I heard them do it live the lead singer joined in with the chanting (he doesn't on the record) and I thought his mic was going to melt.

i think it's something like, "don't trump the ace and fold it," but i'm not 100% sure

lil sis

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 14, 2011, 06:28 PM
Quote from: lil sis on Jan 14, 2011, 06:07 PM

Isn't Haldon 63% of the forum a lawyer?  Maybe he can shed some light on this although the jury system in FL might be different than NJ.

fixed*
I'm not on here enough to know that.  Just knew that from T5.  Thanks for the correction lol.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

ynwa

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 14, 2011, 07:53 PM
I'm not a lawyer (yet...well, technically, I am but I'm unlicensed, which is the best kind of licensed)

But since you posted here, and the forum is technically open to google searches probably, you sort of just went on the record admitting you go it.

ya know, i wondered about that.  haha.  it was more of a hypothetical question i suppose.  i sent the thing back & i guess they'll notify me if my medical excuse was accepted.  just curious as to how they would know for sure if someone got the summons or not since there is that change of address section and all.

thanks!

and lil sis - i remembered about possibly being able to postpone.  i'd done it way back when i was going to school up @ castleton.  fingers crossed i don't have to do this - i'd be the worst person on a jury  ;D
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

TheBigChicken

Anybody heard of these products ?    http://www.dinovite.com/index.php/    Need to get something for my little chihuahua :-\ Mister itcy scratchy is in full swing
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry