The "Anyone Else Eating?" Thread

Started by MarkW, May 16, 2007, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Quoteon a pork binge
You are speaking my language. Bacon, chaops, RIBS, pulled shoulder, ham, tenderlion......A few more weeks before it's time to butcher my annual hog!

ycartrob

I got a pork tenderloin in the oven

I had a bacon fiasco yesterday, the whole house smelled like bacon and my clothes smelled like bacon and my tongue was coated in a layer of bacon grease for the better half of the day

The day before that it was salami subs

tomorrow, bratwurst on the grill

And I got my wife one of these for Christmas

mjkoehler

ahhhhh. All of that looked good. Grilling homemade country sausages tonight. Who say's you can't fire up the grill in winter?

And what wrong with your pad smelling like bacon? That's a magical aroma my friend.

mjkoehler

Went to a fairly new Q place here in town (less then a year old). The guy that runs it is big at Memphis in May. I'm trying to stay awake at work in a pulled pork induced quasi-coma. Dude knows his shit. Baked beans were spicy the way I like it. Nice smoke ring, great outer crust. Fuck I'm going back first chance I can.

Hey Dave, check out Pappy's. It's on Olive near Compton behind Harris Stowe College. Get there early as it gets uber crowded.

Sassbox

I just had some leftover carrot stew and rice with a pork chop.  Good grief, it hit the spot.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

mjkoehler

hmmmm Welsh Rarebit or classic Swiss Fondue? Or both?

NYE party that apparently is taking place at my house. I love it when other people plan this shit and just use my house as a reception hall. At least I do not need to purchased booze....it WILL be provided for me. So....

Rarebit or Fondue?

xmascriminal

Quotehmmmm Welsh Rarebit or classic Swiss Fondue? Or both?

NYE party that apparently is taking place at my house. I love it when other people plan this shit and just use my house as a reception hall. At least I do not need to purchased booze....it WILL be provided for me. So....

Rarebit or Fondue?

I like Fondue better. It's all good though.

librarian

I made a tray of this thing called Rocky Road today. It's basically a mix of dark and light chocolate with digestive biscuits, hazelnuts and marshmallows mixed in., before being left to set in the fridge (for an excruciating 2hrs - the molten chocolate fumes really whet your appetite!). We are a smiley family at the moment.
Why's it so strange when they say that the world's movin' upwards?

mjkoehler

QuoteI made a tray of this thing called Rocky Road today. It's basically a mix of dark and light chocolate with digestive biscuits, hazelnuts and marshmallows mixed in., before being left to set in the fridge (for an excruciating 2hrs - the molten chocolate fumes really whet your appetite!). We are a smiley family at the moment.
Yum

mjkoehler

Let's see...

slow roasted pork shoulder (boston butt)
homemade noodles w/homemade alfredo
veg from the garden
homemade ice cream w/homemade cocoa syrup

a large pot of homemade pasta sauce to go with the left ove noodles for tomorrow.

When you make your own stuff it's better and cheaper.

mjkoehler

OK, the kids are out of town, and we are eating good.

Last night was coconut curry chicken with sticky rice

Tonight, Steak au poivre, veg medly with barley, and Ben & Jerry's Mission to Marzipan.

I love when the kids are gone as we can eat like grownups.

Janet

Apple spice cake with caramel frosting....yum!

mjkoehler

Ribs sat in their rub all morning. Slowly cooking on the grill right now and the smell is giving me a food boner right now. Wife made a strawberry rhubarb cobbler with berries and 'barb from the garden that is not going to make it to dinner (already had 2 bowls). I think we'll have a nice salad with this.

capt. scotty

Ive recently discovered that Havarti & Muenster grilled cheese is delicious when dipped in taco sauce
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

We're having rabbit stew with butter noodles tonight.

btw, LucyLew is an ex-member?  Did I miss something?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

mjkoehler

Headdy, yes. Grilled cheese sammies are better when you get away from Kraft singles. Munster is an excellent choice.

Dylan- Whoa. Outstanding. I saw that about Lucy the other day and didn't see anything about it. Not sure when this happened.

Oh and the best fucking ribs on earth.

.Walt

Those look amazing!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

Those look amazing!
Oh and they were. Just a good simple rub, no sauce. These are the ones from the hog I did earlier this year. I still have another rack and a half. in the deep freeze.

Stay Hungry my friends.

capt. scotty

So I have been on a search for "ballpark" nacho cheese for about 15 years now. I have never found a cheese outside of the stadium quite like it - that jalapeno kick already there and the ultrathick consistency. I was informed that this nacho cheese they sell at Costco is the closest thing to it, so I got some today. I have a 2Lb bag of tortilla chips, 1 gallon of nacho cheese, and a 64oz jar of jalapenos. Even if it is not quite ballpark cheese, I will be in all my glory tonight

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

My first endeavor into cooking ribs yesterday went good.

Made a rub with paprika, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder, pepper, salt, oregano, thyme, and a little allspice.

Cooked em for a little over 2 hours, marinading every 20 minutes or so with Stubbs' pork marinade. After that, cut the racks in half and put them in double layer of foil for about an hour. For 2 of the racks, I put brown sugar, honey, and a little butter in the foil with them. Other rack I just marinaded 1 last time and kept plain. After the hour, took em out and put Sweet Baby Ray's sauce on 1 rack, SBRay's mixed with some apple cider vinegar on the other rack, and kept the third rack plain still with a little more marinade. Let 'em cook for another 20 minutes or so to let the sauce firm up, and they were ready to eat. I think my favorite rack was the one with the bbq sauce + vinegar but all of them came out well