Anyone Else Drinkin'? prt2

Started by dragonboy, Dec 04, 2008, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vespachick

Oh my! Found some Bardstown hooch for $10 at my local; I'm a little bit afraid of opening the mason jar:  :-/
"less than 30 days old"
;D :D ;D

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

capt. scotty

Ive seen that stuff round these parts....Ive been tempted to try the moonshine

I feel Ill get a weird look at the register though
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

vespachick

QuoteIve seen that stuff round these parts....Ive been tempted to try the moonshine

I guess this is in fact moonshine, tho I called it hooch.  Is there a difference, Cap'n?

EDIT: BTW, I asked the guy at the counter if he'd tried it and what did it taste like.  He said "corny".  WTF? ;D

aMillionDreams

QuoteIve seen that stuff round these parts....Ive been tempted to try the moonshine

I guess this is in fact moonshine, tho I called it hooch.  Is there a difference, Cap'n?

EDIT: BTW, I asked the guy at the counter if he'd tried it and what did it taste like.  He said "corny".  WTF? ;D

Moonshine refers to homemade alcohol, which usually has a very high alcohol content.  Hooch is a concoction of already distilled alcohol drinks and fruit.  What you got your hands on appears to be "white dog" which is whiskey that hasn't been aged.  When I toured Maker's Mark they had us tasted the white dog MM and then the aged MM to show what the aging process does.  If you don't like it, you could always throw it in an oakened barrell for 4 to 7 years.  ;)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

dragonboy

Just had a pint of Hobgoblin & a pint of Fiddler's Elbow!

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

getinthevan

A week ago my friend and I split a liter of Jim Beam.  Well, I say split, but I drank considerably more than just my half.  A tip of advice, wandering in unfamiliar areas at night while heavily intoxicated is not hte best idea.  You get to talk to the police because you look suspicious and then end up miles from your apartment before you realize you're walking the wrong direction.  All in all, it was a good evening.  The next day brought forth no headache but I did feel like I was dying.  Oddly enough, I want to go swing by the liquor store and get another bottle.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

vespachick

Moonshine refers to homemade alcohol, which usually has a very high alcohol content.  Hooch is a concoction of already distilled alcohol drinks and fruit.  What you got your hands on appears to be "white dog" which is whiskey that hasn't been aged.  When I toured Maker's Mark they had us tasted the white dog MM and then the aged MM to show what the aging process does.  If you don't like it, you could always throw it in an oakened barrell for 4 to 7 years.  ;)

Have I yet mentioned that I'm glad your here?   ;) :)
When I finally get my ass in gear and go on the bourbon tour, you know that you'll have to meet me at one of the distilleries, or two.   :-*

vespachick

Quotebut I did feel like I was dying.  Oddly enough, I want to go swing by the liquor store and get another bottle.

;D ;D

mjkoehler

Homemade Black and Tans. Hell I even went so far as to make my own brolly. Not felling much right now.

Ruckus

Vouvray Demi-Sec 1995 mmmmmmmm
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Throwin back some cold ones and watching the good ol tube...tons of stuff on tonight

Winter X Games, got the NHL All Star Skillz competition on DVR, recording the Sugar Shane Mosley vs. Antonio Margarito fight as I type, and waiting to watch the Fedor vs. Arlovski MMA match on my computer.

Heres to getting bent and watching TV  [smiley=beer.gif]
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

red

had supper and a few pints with a friend i haven't seen in about six months.  he's responsible for me living in the city (looked at this basement suite in a minute's notice for me), so i understandably ducked off and picked up the tab.  we then went to a friend's place and drank a lot more and i witnessed the joy of 'footloose' for the first time ever.  that warehouse scene!

also had a great day at work and saw the wrestler - best day i've had in months.

:)

red

Pint of Caffrey's.  Pint of Strongbow.  Repeat many times.  

Good night.

capt. scotty

Drinkin cheap local brew that actually tastes good.

Watching Federer/Nadal right now...Helluva match, 5-5 in the first set and it feels like the 5th set  :D

dragonboy

QuotePint of Caffrey's.  Pint of Strongbow.  Repeat many times.  

Good night.
Ahh the old bitter/sweet!

I love Robert Wyatt's story about how Keith Moon taught him to drink shots of tequila & Southern Comfort.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Yebisu again for me...I miss Badger Beer  :'(

mjkoehler

Have a nice pre dinner drink while sausages are grillin buzz going on....still. I time the cooking of the meat with how fast I can drink a pint, without nursing it or chuggin it. Sausages were perfect. Never to much snow or to cold to fire up the grill for me.

jones

Cheap beer, cheap whiskey :'(  Trying to save the good stuff for the weekend! ;)

Buckles

Gin and tonic, plenty of ice and plenty of lime... mmmmm

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotehad supper and a few pints with a friend i haven't seen in about six months.  he's responsible for me living in the city (looked at this basement suite in a minute's notice for me), so i understandably ducked off and picked up the tab.  we then went to a friend's place and drank a lot more and i witnessed the joy of 'footloose' for the first time ever.  that warehouse scene!

also had a great day at work and saw the wrestler - best day i've had in months.

:)

That scene in footloose is the best scene in any movie ever.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...