Current Complaints

Started by FarmerYoda, Aug 19, 2006, 12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMc55

QuoteThe fish I just saw at the food store, still alive & still breathing, wrapped & ready for sale.
Asia's lack of respect for animals makes me sick sometimes  >:(
I've heard about things like that. Sometimes it's hard to respect other cultures, eh?

Chills

QuoteThe fish I just saw at the food store, still alive & still breathing, wrapped & ready for sale.
Asia's lack of respect for animals makes me sick sometimes  >:(

Don't "we" burn live lobsters and fill up ducks until their liver bursts?

dragonboy

Quite right Sir, I shouldn't single Asia out but there's so much of it here in Japan & not just with regards to food.
Here's an infamous clip to give you some idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmfzmidxvM&mode=related&search=

This kind of shit is on the TV all the time  :-/

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Chills

That wasn't very respectful. Not towards the child as well.
Th crowd seemed to enjoy it though  :-/

Anyway, I'm adding a trivial complaint: U2's version of "one" with Mary J. Blige. Bugs the hell out of me. Just because you pathetically stretch all the words doesn't mean it's soul.
All that after Johnny Cash just redeemed that overplayed song.

TEO

QuoteQuite right Sir, I shouldn't single Asia out but there's so much of it here in Japan & not just with regards to food.
Here's an infamous clip to give you some idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmfzmidxvM&mode=related&search=

This kind of shit is on the TV all the time  :-/

Thanks DB for raising my awareness! I had absolutely no idea it was that bad.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ali

QuoteAnyway, I'm adding a trivial complaint: U2's version of "one" with Mary J. Blige. Bugs the hell out of me. Just because you pathetically stretch all the words doesn't mean it's soul.
All that after Johnny Cash just redeemed that overplayed song.

finally!!! someone else has a problem with this.... she's done very baaaad things to that song. that's not trivial at all in my book, chills!!
 :)

my current complaint is that i'm still at work at 9.21pm........................................  :(
love a song for the way it makes you feel

Chills

finally!!! someone else has a problem with this.... she's done very baaaad things to that song. that's not trivial at all in my book, chills!!
:)

Yes! It is not trivial, you are right. And look at their serious faces in the video clip. Hey, we're working with a black "soul" artist. How cool, we mix styles and races, look how open-minded and holier than thou we are. No, you're not, it's rubbish you bunch of posers! You should have learnt from Ebony and Ivory.

:D That felt good.
Thanks for supporting me Ali  :-*

dragonboy

QuoteThanks for supporting me Ali...
I would support you but I don't listen to MJ Blige, so I can't comment  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Chills

I don't listen to MJ Blige, so I can't comment  ;)

You should give her a chance, I love the song she did together with U2  ;)  ;)  ;)

dragonboy

QuoteThanks DB for raising my awareness! I had absolutely no idea it was that bad.
Sorry TEO, I missed your post.
Yer, shows like that are common place in Japan. I saw one only the other day at the gym (I don't watch Jap TV given the chance!) where 2 silly girls were wearing giraffe hats outside a giraffe enclosure at the zoo making the animals rush the fence  :-/

dragonboy

QuoteYou should give her a chance, I love the song she did together with U2  ;)  ;)  ;)
Haha, I was just kidding. I'm pretty sure she guests on a couple of Hip-Hop CDs that I have. Maybe Common?

Chills

Haha, I was just kidding. I'm pretty sure she guests on a couple of Hip-Hop CDs that I have. Maybe Common?

Could well be. Any way, we sould lay this subject to rest. There are actually worse artists out there, lot worse.

Somebody else is free to complain now.

megisnotreal

the university cancelled my major.

oh, and i'm still sad that "arrested development" was cancelled.

Dee.

Quotethe university cancelled my major.
Ouch.  I've heard of that happening to some people before.  What now - new major?  new school?

megisnotreal

I'm just just switching from "english and allied language arts" to "english literature."

This, of course, means I have to take 4 more lit classes, and all the classes I have completed in the "allied language arts" field do not count for, well, anything.

My graduation date has been moved from May 2007 to December 2007.

Ouch.

Dee.

At least it's only one extra semester, eh?  It is only one more, right?  Will the new lit classes be interesting or snoozers?  Good luck.

BH

My graduation date has been moved from May 2007 to December 2007.

Ouch.

Take it from me, a 33 year old, who has been out of college for 10 years doing the 9 to 5, Monday to Friday, living for the weekend thing ever since.

This is the best thing that could possibly have happened to you.  Enjoy it while you still can.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

This is true.

I just feel like I should... I don't know... be doing something substantive.

All my friends have graduated. And my parents just looove to rub that shit in my face.

FarmerYoda

ali

its possibly the most gorgeous saturday morning ever seen, and i'm at work... again....  :(
love a song for the way it makes you feel