Current Complaints

Started by FarmerYoda, Aug 19, 2006, 12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Logging on to the forum and seeing the Russian pharmaceutical spammers have struck 9 times. CC has his work cut out for him.

parkervb

My parents lost their home (and pets) to a fire last October.  It was their pride and joy.  They had lived in mobile homes and apartments for most of my life.  If not for the death of their son, my brother, at age 5, this would have been the worst day of their life. 

Lucky for my parents, their insurance was to cover the cost of building a new home.  Since their home had been built before recent zoning changes, this new home was required to be 6 feet off the ground as it was in a flood plain in rural NC.  The contractors installed 30 foot pylons as required and the frame was started and my parents new home was beginning to take shape.  That is, until today.  The County Inspector has stopped construction and is requiring that the home be torn down and that they start over because he does not feel the contractor met the requirements even though we have a bill of sale for the pylons stating their dimensions, an environmental study, and a video of the pylons being driven into the ground.  He has to personally view the pylons and see them driven into the ground before he signs off.  This will come at a steep price that my salt of the earth parents cannot afford.  He will not accept the evidence the contractor has and has not even viewed the video.  This whole ordeal has taken a serious toll on my mother's mental and physical health. 

My parents are both part of the volunteer fire department (my stepdad is retired USN, 20 years too) in their community and do not deserve to be bullied by their local government.  I have contacted the media to see if they can help, but right now, I am beyond mad. 
Don't you ever turn it off

Fully

I'm so sorry Parker. I hope something happens to make this situation better.

johnnYYac

That's bullshit, Parker.  Sorry for your folks.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

parkervb

thanks, I needed to vent somewhere.  It's so hard to hear your mother struggling, especially for this unabashed mama's boy. 
Don't you ever turn it off

capt. scotty

Sorry to hear man...has this shit been resolved yet?!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ffghtrs

The Snake that just slithered into my garage.  No Joke.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

johnnYYac

Quote from: ffghtrs on May 27, 2014, 07:37 PM
The Snake that just slithered into my garage.  No Joke.
I hate when critters get into my garage, particularly when they hide and die.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Murph

I should be peakin' at the Beacon with the Allman Brothers tomorrow night, but instead the only thing I'll be peaking on is cough medicine as I lay in bed with the flu...

Santo

I am sick of packing and moving. Between my personal and office lives I have moved 5 times this year; twice for myself and three times for my office.