my current crush

Started by true, Aug 29, 2006, 02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

I'm sorry, but nobody tops UCLA's squad:

capt. scotty

QuoteI'm sorry, but nobody tops UCLA's squad:

I'll have #4 please
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Eastbound & Down has me hooked on Katy Mixon

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

red

QuoteEastbound & Down has me hooked on Katy Mixon
You're really going to enjoy the season (series?) finale.  

capt. scotty

Oh, I did, but my day today was ruined when this afternoon I found out she used a body (boob) double. I wouldve rathered to have never heard this information so I could still be dreaming  :'(

I think it'll be back. The only thing that concerns me is there was only six episodes, and usually if shows are doing well, don't they typically pick it up for 10-13 shows total?? Maybe since this was a totally different type of comedy for HBO, they went in with a plan for only 6 either way, but I dont know. What I do know is everyone I know who has seen loves it (which is probably around 15 people), and every monday a couple of morning and afternoon radio shows were even talking about it (how I found out about the booby double today). Last week, the one show even had a poll on its website where you could vote for your favorite Kenny Powers quote.

I heard the initial ratings werent all that good, but I think the show really caught on over the last 3-4 episodes and gained a lot more people through word of mouth so I have a feeling it'll be back  :)

Love Dogg

Oh, I did, but my day today was ruined when this afternoon I found out she used a body (boob) double. I wouldve rathered to have never heard this information so I could still be dreaming  :'(

I think it'll be back. The only thing that concerns me is there was only six episodes, and usually if shows are doing well, don't they typically pick it up for 10-13 shows total?? Maybe since this was a totally different type of comedy for HBO, they went in with a plan for only 6 either way, but I dont know. What I do know is everyone I know who has seen loves it (which is probably around 15 people), and every monday a couple of morning and afternoon radio shows were even talking about it (how I found out about the booby double today). Last week, the one show even had a poll on its website where you could vote for your favorite Kenny Powers quote.

I heard the initial ratings werent all that good, but I think the show really caught on over the last 3-4 episodes and gained a lot more people through word of mouth so I have a feeling it'll be back  :)

Another EB&D fan right here.  I feel you on all you've said.  Absolutely love the show.  Kenny Powers is the most foul character on TV...I love it!!!

However, I really wish you wouldn't have told us about the boobie double.  :(
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Leontheslut

QuoteThat guy has a nice view, too bad he probably wishes there was a swinging dick falling out of that skirt.
Have you met MMJ Fanatic yet?  I've got a feeling you two will get along.
I haven't had the pleasure.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Leontheslut

Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Love Dogg

That looks like Chevy Chase in Fletch!!  

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

AMightyCaporal

That looks like Chevy Chase in Fletch!!  
;D ;D HAHAHA OH MY GOD HE DOES!  I was thinking, "Where have I seen that guy?" as soon as i read your post it all fame flooding back

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

ALady

Ha!  Yeah he does!

It's Matthew Houck of Phosphorescent.   ;)

the sun and moon

or Moses, pre-Mount Sinai.

capt. scotty

QuoteHa!  Yeah he does!

I thought he is Phosphorescent, its just not his actual name.

Have you gotten To Willie yet?? I really liked the clips of it that Ive heard, but haven't gotten around to getting it with all the other CD's I've been getting

ALady

QuoteHa!  Yeah he does!

I thought he is Phosphorescent, its just not his actual name.

Have you gotten To Willie yet?? I really liked the clips of it that Ive heard, but haven't gotten around to getting it with all the other CD's I've been getting

As to point 1, yes and no.  He had a backing band when I saw him last week, so he's not exactly a solo act, but I'm not sure the other guys are permanent members of Phosphorescent or anything like that.

As to point 2, hell yes and it's amazing.

the sun and moon

pawpaw

I've never seen her, but Melissa Block, one of the hosts of All Things Considered on NPR just has a beautiful voice. It's intelligent and feminine and (as) playful (as you can be on NPR). Not like Mee-shell Norris...she's like a damn robot! I just can't stand the way she says her name!!! I definitely have a radio voice crush on Melissa though.  ::)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Crispy

Here's Melissa:

...and Meechelle:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

QuoteHere's Melissa:

...and Meechelle:

bbill sure know how to pick'em!!  ;D