Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

After 3 hours of being off, the town's power is back on!  It was cool for a while until my eyes got tired of reading by candlelight, and I really wanna watch The Wire, so I'm glad it's back.  

LizKing531

Quotei haven't had a cigarette in over a month!

Awesome!!! - I'm on my eight day of no cigs - its going pretty good

(sucks that I quit for 4 months & started smoking again, but now I know how sneaky them little fuckers are - must remain vigilant)

vespachick

I don't know what's going on over at Sirius, but I've been at work a little over 2 hours and so far this morning I've heard:

Golden
Gideon
Going to Acapulco
Wordless Chorus
(EDIT:) OBH

Keep up the good work, Sirius channel 26! ;D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

mjkoehler

I guess this is a current joy

It's gonna be one of those days. 9AM I'm woofing down a slice of pie  :-/

Of course anytime is a good time for pie. ;)

ycartrob

NoVa_NoLa

Arrived at work to find a voice message from the fine folks at that shop where I buy my CDs.  The message is to come in b/c they have something for me...???  :o It's a CD shop so this has to be a good surprise, right?

I wander up there and am presented with the MMJ Christmas disc.  ;D   :D

Can't help but love a store that buys gifts for it's customers...and good gifts at that!!  

bowl of soup

QuoteI don't know what's going on over at Sirius, but I've been at work a little over 2 hours and so far this morning I've heard:

Golden
Gideon
Going to Acapulco
Wordless Chorus
(EDIT:) OBH

Keep up the good work, Sirius channel 26! ;D

Anybody not shelling out the $13 a month for Sirius is cheating themself.  Left of Center is the best radio I've ever heard.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ManNamedTruth

i just noticed my morning jacket is in galactic's top friends on myspace. the show tonight will be sick.

also all the birthday wishes today and last night have been nice.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

NoVa_NoLa

Quotei just noticed my morning jacket is in galactic's top friends on myspace. the show tonight will be sick.

I'm still holding out hopes that MMJ will make it down to Jazz Fest.  MMJ with Dirty Dozen horns at Tip's would not suck.   :)  

How was the Galactic show?  We're going on Wednesday.  And, (belated) Happy Birthday!

ManNamedTruth

Quotei just noticed my morning jacket is in galactic's top friends on myspace. the show tonight will be sick.

I'm still holding out hopes that MMJ will make it down to Jazz Fest.  MMJ with Dirty Dozen horns at Tip's would not suck.   :)  

How was the Galactic show?  We're going on Wednesday.  And, (belated) Happy Birthday!

excellent as usual. see the "what show did you just see" thread
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

red

Super Mario Galaxy - probably the most amazing thing I've ever touched in my life.  

megisnotreal

i got a haircut the other day, and it makes me look even hotter.*

*if that is possible

SMc55

Quotei got a haircut the other day, and it makes me look even hotter.*

*if that is possible
Deja vue?

.Walt

So the building next to me is having a pretty nice sized party. i have my window cracked, and i can hear this drunk loud girl laughing. its a funny laugh.

i guess you have to be here. but its loud  ;D
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

LizKing531

Getting my groove back!!!  Feeling surprisingly good & positive for a Monday.  Not to mention that I'm only working 3 days this week.

LizKing531

Turned on the radio this morning (WFPK) - the first thing I hear is the announcer dude - "So for some reason I have a 15 minute gap in the setlist this morning - so here's Pink Floyd's Dogs"  

Awesome - truly awesome - I cant remember if I've ever heard that song on the radio - in its entirety.

TEO

Four day weekends!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

QuoteTurned on the radio this morning (WFPK) - the first thing I hear is the announcer dude - "So for some reason I have a 15 minute gap in the setlist this morning - so here's Pink Floyd's Dogs"  

Awesome - truly awesome - I cant remember if I've ever heard that song on the radio - in its entirety.

Nice!  What an epic song.  If you ever get a chance to see the Roger Waters DVD called "In The Flesh", watch the performance of Dogs.  It's spectacular.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

70's day at school today! Frayed jeans, tie dye, bandana, small framed colored sunglasses, and beads. Taking Quicksilver Messenger Service, DOORS, Led Zep, Hendrix, and Deep Purple's Made in Japan (with Lazy, quite possibly one of the best live recordings of hard rock from the 70's imo). I'm gonna blow their minds....... :)

TEO

In the Light seemed to scare them a little so I switched it over to Band of Gypsys and they actually enjoyed that heavy beat.......