Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

Nothing better than high school sports. Absolutely nothing.  8-)
In another time, in another place, in another face

TEO

Son arriving home this Friday for a 5 week stay over the holidays.  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

LizKing531

I'm doin alright           8-)

didn't get a job I interviewed for, but I got a good picture of the goals I have for my career & I'm on the right path.

TEO

QuoteI'm doin alright           8-)

didn't get a job I interviewed for, but I got a good picture of the goals I have for my career & I'm on the right path.

Hang in there Paul! I have a feeling things are gonna' work out in 2008.   :)

SMc55

QuoteI'm doin alright           8-)
Indeed you are! With an attitude as positive as that, you can't go wrong.

aMD

teaching shakespeare to my third graders.  then watching them "play" romeo and juliet on the playground.  "okay. you be tybalt and i'll be romeo".  ;D ;D :)

SMc55

Quoteteaching shakespeare to my third graders.  then watching them "play" romeo and juliet on the playground.  "okay. you be tybalt and i'll be romeo".  ;D ;D :)
How cool is that?
A moment to remember  :D

TheBigChicken

Quoteteaching shakespeare to my third graders.  then watching them "play" romeo and juliet on the playground.  "okay. you be tybalt and i'll be romeo".  ;D ;D :)
my mom taught school for 30 years....she would love that story
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TEO

AWESOME!

TEO

I have 15 lab tables in my room. Each table set up a closed circuit with a switch yesterday and lit their small lamps. I turned off all of the lights and turned on some Derek Trucks. When Derek started to "slide", I had the students clap in unison and dance around if they liked. One class even formed a conga line! Looks like both of us had what I call a "Golden Moment" yesterday. Teaching can be so rewarding.

fitzcarraldo

Gingerade Kombucha!

megisnotreal

i didn't have to pay my speeding ticket
8-)

The DARK

Talking to old friends.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Hawkeye

My new Jack Russell puppy!  He is certainly a joy but probably even more of a headache!  Anyone else had to train a puppy?
We could.

mjkoehler

Not having to work today so I can go shopping with the Mrs. for the rest of the food for our party. Some nice cheeses including a Stilton/Glouchester stripped wedge and some delicious ales. man I cannot wait for tomorrow nights.

TEO

Boy pulled a 4.0 first semester at MIZZOU! A little different than his father's first semester at ASU.  ;)

Jenny

my brother's home and it's lovely!

SMc55

QuoteBoy pulled a 4.0 first semester at MIZZOU! A little different than his father's first semester at ASU.  ;)
Good lad!

mjkoehler

I posted the last 150 or so actual CD's I have (store bought pro made ones) on my work's intranet bulletin board today. I'm doing it in hopes of getting rid of all of them so I can move 1 piece of furniture out of a very crowded room. I have everything converted to MP3 and backed up on MP3 Disc and on and external HD. But the REAL motivation and/or plan is to sell them to raise money to buy a new amp as the one I have is reaaaaaallly small or a Les Paul my nephew is selling, or both if I can sell them all. Within an hour of posting them, I already sold $150 worth. I really want that new amp and the guitar.

LizKing531

QuoteGingerade Kombucha!

Just polished off a Guava Kombucha  - not too shabby