Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

I know your city well. I was in the Coast Guard in Gloucester back i the early 90's. I really enjoy visiting Boston and New England.

Hey you were on the North Shore same time as me--I was living in Saugus until sometime in late 1990.  I loved how quick I could get in and out of Boston from there.  That's actually the worst part of Boston--the getting there and leaving, once you're there you're okay.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Angry Ewok

Cheer up, Brad. I have returned from Louisville with MMJ gifts for you!

Consider this my current joy.

8)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

megisnotreal

Consider this my current joy.

8)

Hooray! I'm glad that you're glad.

Back to my Eliot rant... before I learned how the name "My Morning Jacket" came about, I thought the band name was a reference to "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock," which contains the phrase "My Morning Coat."  :D

Angry Ewok

The Hollow Men... <3

tomEisenbraun

This person:

Then climbing to the top of one of the biggest magnolia trees on campus with her:

Probably the best judge of height for that. As she corrected me, we were atop that tree, not in it. We owned that magnolia.

I have been smiling quite a bit recently... :)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

Ahhhh new love.  Nothing better.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

QuoteThe Hollow Men... <3

you're awesome.   8)

my current joy: http://www.pandora.com

CC

megisnotreal

Quotepete and pete

CC

Angry Ewok

Pete and Pete was cool... but Salute Your Shorts was my favorite Nick show!

megisnotreal

QuotePete and Pete was cool... but Salute Your Shorts was my favorite Nick show!

I was all about "Are you afraid of the dark?"

Current Joy: Finally got my ticket to see my favourite band at the Ryman!

FarmerYoda

QuotePete and Pete was cool... but Salute Your Shorts was my favorite Nick show!

YEE. Definately.  gah.  Pete and Pete and Salute your shorts... and CLARISA EXPLAINS IT ALL!? My Brother and Me?!  Oooooooooooooooh yes.

thank you.

FarmerYoda

WHOA WHOA WHOA WAIT.
FUCK THAT SHIT.
It's all about GUTS and LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE and Just MIKE O'MALLEY IN GENERAL.

...Get the Picture? Oh good god.

Sorry. I'm not quite right.

Angry Ewok

Are You Afraid of the Dark was the bomb... unfortunately I'm a total pussy, so I rarely saw the entirety of many episodes.

megisnotreal

Backstory: One of my coworkers left us Monday, and we had this little going away party for him. At said party, ice cream was served. Not just any ice cream, but the kind in the individual serving cups. Total elementary school throwback moment. You know what I'm talking about. They look like this:

So, I go to the freezer today to get my shitty frozen lunch, and what do I find peeking out at me from behind the "healthy choice" box but two of those little ice cream cups. "Chocolate Fudge Sundae," the label said.

I ate them. Both. And it was awesome.

8)

ManNamedTruth

QuoteWHOA WHOA WHOA WAIT.
FUCK THAT SHIT.
It's all about GUTS and LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE and Just MIKE O'MALLEY IN GENERAL.

...Get the Picture? Oh good god.

Sorry. I'm not quite right.

Legends of the hidden temple! My friends and I a couple weeks ago at the bar couldn't think of the name of that show. Thanks face.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ratsprayer

my current joy is connected to the NFL, having seen 3 consecutive colts' games on tv from the comfort of my home, and watching the bengals self destruct like i knew they would.  they'll have trouble with cleveland, if they keep on this pace.

EC

yesterday was the first day i thought about christmas trees, and then i felt excited about them.

Angry Ewok

A business that I thought I was interviewing for today actually wants me to come in to work, at noon, and check the place out and get a feel for things. I have no clue what exactly they want from me, but it's somewhat related to my field of interest... and it is a job.

I've got some heavy anxiety, like damn... I got laid off from my old job because I was replaced by an old employee who wanted her job back and she knew the ropes better than I did. I guess I'm a slow learner, and I'm worried that I won't be able to keep up with all of the various jobs it seems they'll be throwing at me.

Two locations, working in a Studio, mixing paints, silk screening?, working on the computer (doing what?!), possibly building their website?....

I guess it's not really a "Joy" until I know I like the job.