Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

You're welcome, ladies!  ;)
Cow temperature.

BH

QuoteYou're welcome, ladies!  ;)

My favorite....

There's nothing more obnoxious than a fake animal that tries to pass itself off as an authentic member of the animal world. Puffins are maybe the biggest offenders when it comes to this, even going so far as to pretend to take pictures with humans and hang out in places like Iceland where no normal person can confirm that they were really there. (Like Iceland is a real place, anyway. "Björk" is from there!) Take a look at this clearly computer generated motherfucker above. Of course, he tries to blend into the scenery by standing by a rock in some grass, but do you see it? The only shadow is from the rock. IF YOU'RE SO REAL, PUFFIN, WHERE'S YOUR FUCKING SHADOW. Busted, Puffin. Now go back to living inside a fucking 8-year-old girl's head.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Sassbox

Y'all need to meet my friend, Jenn.  I swear, I think she's ghostwriting that f*ckyoupenguin blog.  So spot on.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

red

QuoteThe last two mornings I have walked into work and received gifts. Monday a co-worker gave me a magazine with an MMJ article in it and today a student gave me a plastic pyramid pencil holder with a scorpion in it from the state of Durango. Life is good... :)  
that sounds so cool!

kydiddle

My fav:

Obviously, Moose, you don't have a mirror to practice your smile, because you seriously look like a total vagina right now. You are very lucky moose do not have to go to school, since you would get your ass kicked, like, every day. And what kind of wild animal smiles at a camera? You are supposed to be a badass that roams the forest beating up other moose and cars that look at you funny, not Cindy fucking Crawford. Man up, Moose.

Cow temperature.

ALady

My favorite line thus far, re the red panda:

Just because you are holding bamboo doesn't make you a panda, BELIEVE ME, I'VE TRIED.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

kydiddle

QuoteMy favorite line thus far, re the red panda:

Just because you are holding bamboo doesn't make you a panda, BELIEVE ME, I'VE TRIED.

;D

By the way...I found this blog via VSL. It's a daily newsletter that sends out links to (sometimes) great stuff. Usually it's a new album or a book or random links like the penguin blog.

http://www.veryshortlist.com/home/index.cfm
Cow temperature.

ALady

Also enjoyable today, not nearly as much as the penguin blog, but perhaps more so for lovers of Sammy Hagar/tha Halen:

http://www.thetyser.com/
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sassbox

My beasts were not very happy with "Least I Don't Need To Beg or Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrow."
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

kydiddle

QuoteAlso enjoyable today, not nearly as much as the penguin blog, but perhaps more so for lovers of Sammy Hagar/tha Halen:

WOW! It's a lot of fun to hit a bunch at once and let them play over each other. Hahahahaahahahaahaha...
Cow temperature.

ms. yvon

My favorite....

There's nothing more obnoxious than a fake animal that tries to pass itself off as an authentic member of the animal world. Puffins are maybe the biggest offenders when it comes to this, even going so far as to pretend to take pictures with humans and hang out in places like Iceland where no normal person can confirm that they were really there. (Like Iceland is a real place, anyway. "Björk" is from there!) Take a look at this clearly computer generated motherfucker above. Of course, he tries to blend into the scenery by standing by a rock in some grass, but do you see it? The only shadow is from the rock. IF YOU'RE SO REAL, PUFFIN, WHERE'S YOUR FUCKING SHADOW. Busted, Puffin. Now go back to living inside a fucking 8-year-old girl's head.
;D ;D ;D

current joy:  called my neighbors to borrow their vacuum and was invited over for some pasta!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

tomEisenbraun

Cat napping with an actual cat curled up on the lap is quite a wonderful experience. Also, so is Salinger's Franny and Zooey.

Also also, tomorrow is the second to last time I'll be able to say "First day of the semester tomorrow." Couldn't be happier. The other side of college is so close I can taste it. Bring on the sawdust, world!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

megalicious

i have a place to live!
my job is paying for my hd cable and wireless internet at said domicile!
i start my awesome job in 11 days!
i move in one week!
:D
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

capt. scotty

Phish announcing 10 summer tour dates, including Pittsburgh

WoooooHoooooooooo!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ycartrob

QuoteAlso enjoyable today, not nearly as much as the penguin blog, but perhaps more so for lovers of Sammy Hagar/tha Halen:

that rocks. thanks

ManNamedTruth

QuotePhish announcing 10 summer tour dates, including Pittsburgh

WoooooHoooooooooo!!

That's awesome. I heard a rumor that they would come to Pittsburgh and its true!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

mjkoehler

My cat sitting on me, purring contently, and radiating enough heat to cook with. Very relaxing......

Also my former boss sent me a nice thank you gift for '08. A sweet (expensive) backpack which had some stuff in it, including an ipod shuffle. Now my wife has her own ipod.

getinthevan

I haven't worn a coat since I got to Nashville.  A couple times I probably should have though.  

Moving from a relatively small town to a large city has resulted in a bit of a culture shock, but I'm adapting to it.  Even though I've only been here 11 days, and there's a lot of things I need to do (like find people to hang out with), I really like it here.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

red

my heart just skipped a few beats:

See Leonard Cohen and his tour band at this very special concert in New York on February 19. He will play especially for his fans and US media. Later - in April 2009 - his World Tour will continue in the USA and Western Canada.

oh man, if this happens.   :D

Ghosts_on_TV

The inevitable hot tub gathering we are going to have at kerries cause her mom is in Florida for 2 weeks.  8-)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...