Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megalicious

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Sassbox

Happy Birthday To You!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

TEO

QuoteWell, my wife and I are heading to the title company this afternoon to sign our lives away...we're buying our first house!!!

Kid, wife, house, all you need now is a picket fence and a new puppy! Glad to see the American Dream is still alive for some of us... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

megalicious

QuoteHappy Birthday To You!

thanks!

TheBigChicken

thanks!
Quarter of a century old....Happy Birthday
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

megalicious

thanks!
Quarter of a century old....Happy Birthday

this is the silver anniversary of my birth. pretty sure it's all downhill from here...

;D

capt. scotty

QuoteWell, my wife and I are heading to the title company this afternoon to sign our lives away...we're buying our first house!!!

Congrats!

...it's great that it's the perfect time for you to do it considering the market as well.

My buddy actually told me he's thinking of buying a house and he hasnt even had his job for a year, I thought he was crazy at first but I dont know. I couldn't believe some of the numbers he was throwing at me. I think 1 was an $8,000 tax break?!  :o
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quotei'm 25 today
:o

Hooray!

Happy B-Day....thanks for giving me a reason to drink tonight!

well, this an the NCAA championship game
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

Current Joy: Beating the MLB's black restrictions. Take that you fascist fucks!
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Leontheslut

Quotei'm 25 today
:o
It's all down hill from here on out...  :'(

jk happy birffday
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

FACE

Janet

Congrats!!!  That's fantastic!

t

wharf rat

Congrats, bbill!  Now that you own the place, just beware of the to-do list that never dies.  Seriously, we've owned two homes.  When we sold the first, my list had about 5 times more things on it than when I started it!  Knock off a thing or two, and it's about that time you have a few new ideas so you add 2 or 3 more things to the list.  On and on it goes.  It's fun to cross them off, but really, beware the list that never ends. :)

wharf rat

Happy b-day, megalicious!

Sparkle

Off work until next Wednesday  :)

getinthevan

I'm in the early stages of forming a new band.  It's actually a stage that I've never fully experienced.  Every band I've been in for the last 7 years  have been with the same group of people, just switching out a couple members and going in a different direction than we had been.

The possibility of finally making music with a couple guys I've known for over 10 years, and have never jammed with, is very exciting to me.  The big catch here is that I live in Nashville and they live in Michigan.  It gives me something to look forward to after my lease is up though!  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Sassbox

Sat next to a woman at the Neko Case show at 9:30 Club last night.  She turned to me at one point and said "my husband and I are huge My Morning Jacket fans...have you ever heard of them?"  ;D

capt. scotty

QuoteSat next to a woman at the Neko Case show at 9:30 Club last night.  She turned to me at one point and said "my husband and I are huge My Morning Jacket fans...have you ever heard of them?"  ;D

Nice

So you live in DC then? I loved the 9:30 Club whenever I saw Ben Harper there and also John Butler Trio. Probably my favorite small indoor venue that Ive ever been to, partially because I was able to get like 10feet back and center both times thanks to the size.

Sassbox

I'm in Annapolis...quick drive.

I really like 9:30 Club, too.  If you get there an hour before doors, you can get on the rail easily (well, for most shows...we had to get there SIX HOURS before doors for Nick Cave, but mainly because my friend is a PITA and he insisted we be first in line.  Dork).  I've recently discovered the upper balcony.  Sound is much better than the rail, there are barstools and a bar where you can order food.  So perfect for an old-timer like me.   ;)Anyway, it's a great club and we get a lot of great artists.

I saw Ben Harper there about six or so years ago.  It was close to a four-hour set.  Fantastic.

capt. scotty

QuoteI'm in Annapolis...quick drive.

I really like 9:30 Club, too.  If you get there an hour before doors, you can get on the rail easily (well, for most shows...we had to get there SIX HOURS before doors for Nick Cave, but mainly because my friend is a PITA and he insisted we be first in line.  Dork).  I've recently discovered the upper balcony.  Sound is much better than the rail, there are barstools and a bar where you can order food.  So perfect for an old-timer like me.   ;)Anyway, it's a great club and we get a lot of great artists.

I saw Ben Harper there about six or so years ago.  It was close to a four-hour set.  Fantastic.

I can def see how the sound would be better up there, but you can get so close I dont think I could let myself do that. Oh, Im sure its easy to get the rail if I was able to get that close getting there right before the doors open.

I wanna say it was like July/August 2004 when I saw BH&the IC's. Ive seen them 7 times now, and it was hands down the best show. I didnt really get into them before he had already expanded the band outside of the orginal 4 members. For this show, the original 4 played probably the first 4 or so songs just them. I remember they were all off the first few albums, but the only 1 I remember for sure was the opener, which is probably my favorite song by them, God Fearing Man. I couldnt believe it. Overall, it was a great setlist as well I remember, plenty of variety from all the albums.

If BH.net wasnt all changed and jazzed up currently for the upcoming album release, Id be able to check for the date/setlist, but they currently dont have that feature because of this  >:(