Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

QuoteHEY you two! HOW NICE WAS IT THIS PAST WEEKEND??? We moved on Friday, and were working hard all weekend, but I DID get to finally set up my barbeque...WE NOW HAVE A YARD!!!!

I can't tell you how happy I am to be in our new place.

Gotta love this sunny summer weather! What was it 88 in SF yesterday, wow! Say homeowner, what part of town did you move to? do you have a dog for that yard? going to any Cat's games? Is it true FF blows?  will mmj tour?

We moved to the Arden Park part of town...quiet, older 'hood. No dog yet, probably not for a year or two...we're going to get used to the other little creature we have first. Cats games...not sure for this season, but probably...just a lot of other stuff going on this summer. Maybe I'll skip work some afternoon and meet you down at the park! What's FF??? MMJ will tour...not sure when. ;)

Hey it's nice over there cool 8-) A game sounds cool let me know I have tickets to all day games. 3rd base line by Cat's dugout :)

FF=Fleet Foxes. what do you think?

I think Fleet Foxes are cool...I'll weigh in properly in that other thread.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

megalicious

i checked my online banking... looks like i just got my tax refund direct deposited!

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

megalicious

oh, and also: got a big discount on my new auto insurance policy since i am now 25.

i guess being a cougar has its advantages?
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Vadie Stark

Quoteoh, and also: got a big discount on my new auto insurance policy since i am now 25.

i guess being a cougar has its advantages?

You will get another discount soon...when you're fifty. Cougar at 25 then report to the camps

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

capt. scotty

BBill - I wanted to thank you for this picture. I altered it slightly and am putting it in my powerpoint presentation.

I think its going to kill everything except hopefully my grade

Im going to say "some people dont think Pneumonia is a big deal because of how prevalent it is, but Pneumonia is no laughing matter" and then click to this for the next slide:

EDIT: It wont work for whatever reason, but its this pic below except I painted in a caption bubble that says      "I laugh at pneumonia"

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

The DARK

I'm in shock...a full year of regret just got turned on its head in an instant.
In another time, in another place, in another face

pawpaw

QuoteBBill - I wanted to thank you for this picture. I altered it slightly and am putting it in my powerpoint presentation.

Im going to say "some people dont think Pneumonia is a big deal because of how prevalent it is, but Pneumonia is no laughing matter" and then click to this for the next slide:

EDIT: It wont work for whatever reason, but its this pic below except I painted in a caption bubble that says      "I laugh at pneumonia"

;D Dude, what's the presentation for??? That picture is awesome for so many reasons...just stumbled on to it when we were talking about Rap-Rock, and I went searching for the ultimate Rap-Rock Fan!!! ;D

pawpaw

QuoteI'm in shock...a full year of regret just got turned on its head in an instant.

:-? Very intriguing...care to share details? I understand if not...a full year of regret may not be something you want to get into here...though, if it's reversal is bringing you joy now...

mjkoehler

QuoteI'm in shock...a full year of regret just got turned on its head in an instant.

:-? Very intriguing...care to share details? I understand if not...a full year of regret may not be something you want to get into here...though, if it's reversal is bringing you joy now...

try 18 years. roughness

capt. scotty

QuoteBBill - I wanted to thank you for this picture. I altered it slightly and am putting it in my powerpoint presentation.

;D Dude, what's the presentation for??? That picture is awesome for so many reasons...just stumbled on to it when we were talking about Rap-Rock, and I went searching for the ultimate Rap-Rock Fan!!! ;D

Its a presentation on pneumonia and specific bacteria that cause the illness for microbiology. I put it about 8 or so slides in and am going to preface it with what I said in my first post. I think Im also going to say "little does he know, not even a wall of numchucks, nightsticks, and knives is a match for pneumonia" once the slide is on screen/

Its easily the high point of my presentation  ;D

My teacher is kind of strict, but she likes me a lot. Plus its only worth 30pts somehow, so this and the other humor cant hurt me too much

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

red

Some of my coworkers are absolutely incredible people.  They're slowly building my faith in humanity.  

mjkoehler

WTF is Koehler posting in the Joys section??!?!? I just got the "OK" from the wife to run in the Chicago Marathon. Since open registration is closed, I will running for a Charity. I found a nice teaching one that helps innercity and impoverished schools. I can relate. I f'n cannot wait. Running has been going good as I can bust out 5 miles still and I've only been back running for 1-1/2 weeks. On top of that, my long lost friend will be there cheering me on. She's cool like that.

Ok enough said, now I go back to my depressed, mid life crisisy self. :P

Taterbug

QuoteWTF is Koehler posting in the Joys section??!?!? I just got the "OK" from the wife to run in the Chicago Marathon. Since open registration is closed, I will running for a Charity. I found a nice teaching one that helps innercity and impoverished schools. I can relate. I f'n cannot wait. Running has been going good as I can bust out 5 miles still and I've only been back running for 1-1/2 weeks. On top of that, my long lost friend will be there cheering me on. She's cool like that.

Very cool, I know lots of good places to load up on carbs the nite before.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

red

No more finals!  Leonard Cohen tonight!

TEO

QuoteWTF is Koehler posting in the Joys section??!?!? I just got the "OK" from the wife to run in the Chicago Marathon. Since open registration is closed, I will running for a Charity. I found a nice teaching one that helps innercity and impoverished schools. I can relate. I f'n cannot wait. Running has been going good as I can bust out 5 miles still and I've only been back running for 1-1/2 weeks. On top of that, my long lost friend will be there cheering me on. She's cool like that.

You the man!  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ALady

Very cool!  The marathon route goes right past my house, I'm totally gonna make a sign for you   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

Very cool!  The marathon route goes right past my house, I'm totally gonna make a sign for you   :)
AWESOME. More people cheering for me the better. Umm, not to pry, but have I seen you before, on Facebook perhaps? Through a mutual friend that's in Chicago? I remember seeing a pic here and you look familiar. I could be way off from work/SAP stress.

Tater- Yes, recs would be excellent.

ALady

Oh, could be.  It's a small world!

My best friend will be doing the marathon this year too, for the third year running (har).  Will you be training with a group or on your own?
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

red

QuoteVery cool!  The marathon route goes right past my house, I'm totally gonna make a sign for you   :)
Make sure you don't hand him a cup of coffee.   ;)

Go MJ!

FACE

sent my deposit to two colleges.

now i have to make a decision.