Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megalicious

Quotei'm eating an apple right now. it's, like, the greatest red apple i have ever tasted. sometimes it's the simple things...
You need to come up here in Sept/Oct when it's prime Fuji, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp, Sunshine Delight picking season. I love you pick your own orchards.

Jonagold... :)
Indeed! I believe Eckard's grows those too. I never leave with less then an overfull belly (you can eat while you pick) and 20+ lbs of various apples. I love fall.

me, too! fall is my favorite time of year. now that i am living in 'bama again, i'm going to take a saturday (has to be a bye week... lol) and go to the apple orchard where my parents used to take me when i was a little kid. they make their own cider there. nothing better than cider on an october day!
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

aMillionDreams

Yeah, I'm definitely going to a pick your own around here in Sept, stocking up on cider and bringing back a bail of apples to make apple butter, apple jelly, and apple sauce with.  I rarely eat raw apples these days, but I love to cook with them
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

megalicious

megalicious

oh, and also: i got my arbitron ratings in this week and my show was #1 in our target demographic. me ftw!

mjkoehler

Quotei can't wait to try this out when fall gets here:
http://www.southernplate.com/2008/07/crock-pot-apple-butter.html
Yes! This and we make a crock pot apple sauce that is so good you would slap your best friend to get a bowl.

Sparkle

Off to South Korea in a week to see my brother who I haven't seen for a year - super excited  :)

goodjam2bn

Quotei can't wait to try this out when fall gets here:
http://www.southernplate.com/2008/07/crock-pot-apple-butter.html

I have apple butter on a waffle most every morning over a generous spreading of Brummel and Brown yogurt butter. I also enjoy the fritters with apple butter in them at the Apple Barn at Opry Mills. *That wasn't thunder that was my stomach* :P
Ride the music wave and wipe out really good!

Love Dogg

Quoteoh, and also: i got my arbitron ratings in this week and my show was #1 in our target demographic. me ftw!

Awesome, Meg!  We are at our best when we are #1 in our targeted demographic.  The only thing left?  ...Take over the WOOOOORLD!  ;)
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

megalicious

Quoteoh, and also: i got my arbitron ratings in this week and my show was #1 in our target demographic. me ftw!

Awesome, Meg!  We are at our best when we are #1 in our targeted demographic.  The only thing left?  ...Take over the WOOOOORLD!  ;)

thanks, man. i'm pretty happy about it.
8-)

weeniebeenie

Yesterday was great. I got my Sydney Pearl Jam tickets (AAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGGHHH!!!!), it was really sunny and I was told by my riding instructor to go for a Dressage training day next Sunday.

Oh and dinner was battered fish, oven-roasted vine tomatoes and avacado salsa. 8-)
How loud can silence get?

weeniebeenie

Another one:
Yim Yames, Tribute To came in the mail today!
How loud can silence get?

vespachick

I got my "Knot Comes Loose" yarn in the mail; it's raining; It's like i'm livin in Portland again!!! YAY!!! :D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

pawpaw

My wife and I took our son up for his first "REAL" hike over the weekend, took the little guy up to just under 9,000 ft. We were expecting the worst, were completely prepared to turn around the car as soon as we got to the trailhead, but he LOVED IT! He was just really happy and curious all day, it was wonderful!

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Ruckus

QuoteMy wife and I took our son up for his first "REAL" hike over the weekend, took the little guy up to just under 9,000 ft. We were expecting the worst, were completely prepared to turn around the car as soon as we got to the trailhead, but he LOVED IT! He was just really happy and curious all day, it was wonderful!

That is awesome BB!  You don't see pics any better than that :)
Shoot, my lungs probably wouldn't do so well at 9000 feet these days.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

megalicious

bbill, your little one is a cutie. look at that smile!
:)

BH

Awesome B, thanks for sharing.  Beautiful baby.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

pawpaw

:) Thanks guys! He's about 6-1/2 months old now, and really a lot of fun, quite a little goofball. That hike was one of the best days we've had as a family.  :)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

capt. scotty

great pic B-squared. that one needs to be framed!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

the_wizzard

QuoteMy wife and I took our son up for his first "REAL" hike over the weekend, took the little guy up to just under 9,000 ft. We were expecting the worst, were completely prepared to turn around the car as soon as we got to the trailhead, but he LOVED IT! He was just really happy and curious all day, it was wonderful!

so adorable!  look at that happy baby!

Love Dogg

My woman came to vistit me this weekend.  We locked ourselves in and further confirmed what we already knew...that we are the fuckin' best!  I have so much love in me right now...!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."