Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Bringing me to my third (?) joy in one post - my dad finally caved in and has agreed to allow me to apprentice under him as a glassblower. He's been pressured into it, both by my boss, my mom, and his colleagues... but hey, finally! I may actually be a half decent glassblower, after some training with my dad. He's one of the best in the country, the only problem is that he and I don't get along in the least bit. We'll see what happens with that.

Some words of advice.

It's OK if you blow, just don't Suck.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

FarmerYoda

LADIES AND GENTLE MAN, BERMUDA HITCHIKER!
He'll be here all week,... TIP YOUR WAITRESSES! TRY THE VEAL!  :D

BH

Two shows each night, 8pm and 10pm.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bug

I bought new clothes last night not just because I wanted to but because I had too.  I'd lost 40 pounds and all my clothes were 3-4 sizes too big :D
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteI bought new clothes last night not just because I wanted to but because I had too.  I'd lost 40 pounds and all my clothes were 3-4 sizes too big :D

That's totally awesome!  Not to pry, but what did you do to lose that kind of weight?  

I'm considering a major diet me-self and was wonderin' what worked for you.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

bug

I ate mostly pre-packaged foods, like Healthy Choice & Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner, Slim Fast or ceral bars for breakfast and had two snacks a day.  I will send you a PM with more details, I don't want to clutter up the thread :D

megisnotreal

QuoteI bought new clothes last night not just because I wanted to but because I had too.  I'd lost 40 pounds and all my clothes were 3-4 sizes too big :D

High five! I'm wearing my "skinny jeans" today, and they're falling off me.

8-)

colleen

congrats to you skinny people. impressive that you can lose weight over the holidays. i plan on gaining 5 pounds just from the egg nog i am consuming. but i need insulation to make it through a cold winter.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

megisnotreal

I just finished making all these calls to our syndicated program reps to say, "Hi. My name is Meg, and I am now the program director."

I got an office. And an official email.

I get my first paycheck Friday.

Woah. My life is now five times as aweome as it was before.

8-) :o 8-)

FarmerYoda

NAPS!

I just came home 'cos I was sick of everyone, wrapped up in my bed and fell asleep for two and a half hours.
and now i'm in a much better mood.

and VACATION!

fuh'rel.

EAZYE

QuoteI just finished making all these calls to our syndicated program reps to say, "Hi. My name is Meg, and I am now the program director."

I got an office. And an official email.

I get my first paycheck Friday.

Woah. My life is now five times as aweome as it was before.

8-) :o 8-)

congrats, and i hope the paycheck is a big one :o
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

SMc55

I'm off work now till 8th January  :)

Tree

bug

a four day weekend, a 2 day work week followed by another 4 day weekend :D

Angry Ewok

My first saturday off work in a long while.

8-)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

colleen

I went to a really great solstice party this week. Lots of good food and drink, sweet people and a ceremonial burn in which each of us wrote one thing we wanted to get rid of in our lives and one thing we wanted to bring in, and then all of the intentions were set ablaze. The feeling of the whole event made be feel really blessed to be part of it.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

ratsprayer

QuoteI went to a really great solstice party this week. Lots of good food and drink, sweet people and a ceremonial burn in which each of us wrote one thing we wanted to get rid of in our lives and one thing we wanted to bring in, and then all of the intentions were set ablaze. The feeling of the whole event made be feel really blessed to be part of it.

i really like the sound of this.  i wish i knew more people in my "community" so i could be a part of something like this.

bug

My 2 week old nephew <3

brasstacks

sleep well young prince.

dragonboy

I'm off to the airport in an hour or so.
Take care everyone & all the best for 2007!!!  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.