Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Cards home opener today!  Leaving work at noon!   And I'm going to try and make the Heartless Bastards tonight.  Wish me luck.  Not sure I can do both and still make it to work tommorow, but I'll try.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MarkW

QuoteCards home opener today!  Leaving work at noon!   And I'm going to try and make the Heartless Bastards tonight.  Wish me luck.  Not sure I can do both and still make it to work tommorow, but I'll try.

Screw work.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

And wave at the NPPC Prison....I mean Tower while you're at it. I'll be stuck inside. I may have to stick me head out and enjoy the sound and smells eminating from the stadium. Benefit of being so close.

Penny Lane

QuoteCards home opener today!  Leaving work at noon!   And I'm going to try and make the Heartless Bastards tonight.  Wish me luck.  Not sure I can do both and still make it to work tommorow, but I'll try.

What a great Monday, Dave!! Enjoy. HB rawk! She's channeling Grace Slick for sure.  :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

From a friend of mine's Twitter account. This seriously may be the funniest thing I've read in years. Read, think on it, digest, and then laugh.

"I bet the Catholic bishops are having a hard time cleaning up the sex abuse scandals because they can only move diagonally."

jones

For some reason I will be in Nashville one week from today.

ALady

Really?  That's weird...me too.

Wanna get a beer or something?   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

TEO

Been reflecting all week on what a great weekend I had with some awesome Jacket Peeps...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

pawpaw

QuoteI hiked in the mountains for several hours today. I will post some pics lata.  :)

Whoa, hey, I just saw this. I wanna see some Rocky Mountains!!!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

megalicious

I found a ticket to the B'ham show! OMG! I get to see MMJ in 4 days!
:) :-* :)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

ALady

Yay!

The magnolias are so gorgeous right now, I can't even deal.  Can't.  Even.  Deal.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

TheBigChicken

rained all day.....my garden is so happy :-*
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

mjkoehler

Quoterained all day.....my garden is so happy :-*
Yep

There are hundreds of Strawberries in our batch right now. Please ripen soon. These store bought ones are no where near as good.

Penny Lane

I came in the second woman at a 5K race this weekend. 22:20. (even won some $!!) Been a long time since I'd run the shorter distances that well.

Also, my dad's running the Boston Marathon today, good vibes need to be sent his way. He's had a tough year  ;)

mjkoehler

QuoteI came in the second woman at a 5K race this weekend. 22:20. (even won some $!!) Been a long time since I'd run the shorter distances that well.

Also, my dad's running the Boston Marathon today, good vibes need to be sent his way. He's had a tough year  ;)
Told ya you could do it in 22 minutes.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

vespachick

QuoteI came in the second woman at a 5K race this weekend. 22:20. (even won some $!!) Been a long time since I'd run the shorter distances that well.

That is spectacular girlfriend!  Way to go!!  Woooooo!  Also, for some unexplained reason, this morning when I woke up at 6a.m. I thought to myself "people are running the Boston marathon right now....WAIT, some people have already finished running the Boston marathon by now.  Wild!  I have no idea why I was channeling the Boston marathon.  I must have known somehow that your paps was running!  Go Dad!!!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Penny Lane

Told ya you could do it in 22 minutes.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

thanks! i had a sweet playlist, too...i only got thru these songs:

1. drag the lake charlie (DBT)
2. barrel chested (Slobberbone-my new obsession)
3. sweet disposition (temper trap)
4. furr (blitzen trapper)
5. nothingsgonnastandinmyway (wilco)

that's all the farther i got i think....i think all the cycling has helped, too? maybe....

BH

Awesome!  Well done penny.   I'm trying to get ready for a 5 K myself.  I'm a mountain biker, and for some reason I just plain suck at running.  My ankles and legs get sore before my lungs wear out.   You've inspired me to keep trying.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

QuoteAwesome!  Well done penny.   I'm trying to get ready for a 5 K myself.  I'm a mountain biker, and for some reason I just plain suck at running.  My ankles and legs get sore before my lungs wear out.   You've inspired me to keep trying.

dave-i def think cross training helps w/the shorter distances; as you have seen me a couple times, you know i don't have the typical runner's build...but it can be done--ha ha i've been doing those long slow distances for years that i forgot how much fun it was to fly thru a 5K like that. also i don't want MJK to beat my times so i gotta stay in shape from now on...

mjkoehler

QuoteAwesome!  Well done penny.   I'm trying to get ready for a 5 K myself.  I'm a mountain biker, and for some reason I just plain suck at running.  My ankles and legs get sore before my lungs wear out.   You've inspired me to keep trying.

dave-i def think cross training helps w/the shorter distances; as you have seen me a couple times, you know i don't have the typical runner's build...but it can be done--ha ha i've been doing those long slow distances for years that i forgot how much fun it was to fly thru a 5K like that. also i don't want MJK to beat my times so i gotta stay in shape from now on...
pa-leeze! Me beat your time? Ok Speedy.

yes Dave, be one of us. Join us. You know you want to run.