Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

QuoteI "get" to go back to work this week!!!  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8-) :-? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

i bet Mr. S is everyone's favorite teacher, too!

TEO's a teacher?  Dyan, too.  And myself.  I've got two more weeks...

Have a good school year.  I understand the conflicting emoticons.

The youth of America are in good hands as far as this board goes. Between Teo, aMD, and JYac, we've got some inspiring educators here. I think Crazylove, too (but am not 100% sure).
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

woodnymph

Penny I like your current joys  :) That has to be such a good feeling with talking to your mom. I know I don't know you guys, but I feel that.

My current joy is that I'm about done packing and just need to grab a shower before I head on the road out westttttt!!! Primus, Outside Lands, Xavier Rudd, Rodrigo y Gabriela, and whatever the road may bring, here I coooommeee!!

Like to think of it as Jerry & I goin' where the water tastes like wine....... to make it to the promised landdd  ;)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI was talking to this lady I work with yesterday. She was saying how she went to Sheetz the other day for some food, but it was packed, and there was nowhere to park. I guess some guy started honking for her to move so he could get out, so she just had her car move at a slow crawl towards the exit. They get out of Sheetz, and the 1st red light theyre at, dude gets out of his car and starts yelling and swearing at her. After a little bit, she has her left hand down by her ankle and says "sir, please go back to your car. if you put your hands inside my car, im going to shoot you". he goes back to his car.

This lady is turning 60 in a couple weeks, so I tell her you didnt really have a gun, did you? Turns out she did and wouldve shot him!!!

see that's what scares me.  60 year-old women packing heat.  fucking scary.  women shouldn't even be allowed to drive let alone carry a gun.

BH

Great news Penny!   Just yesterday I watched a show about an Ironman competition in which a woman who had had a stroke just two years before the event finished before the midnight deadline.  What a crazy event that is, a marathon, 115 miles on a bike AND 4-5 mile swim or something like that.  Wow.

Congrats DiscoStu.   Change your username to Bar-B-Stu?

Have a great time woodnymph!  I've seen Primus probably 10-12 times but not in many many years.  I would like to see them again.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

woodnymph

QuoteHave a great time woodnymph!  I've seen Primus probably 10-12 times but not in many many years.  I would like to see them again.

Thanks BH! 10-12 times!!! That's F'n awesome! If you could guess, what year-span would you say those shows were???

I never saw 'em yet, just Les by himself a couple times... and the Dead KennyG's, who used to play with him for awhile.... but he was awesome at Allgood fest in '05 (or 06?.... 07?! yikes) Whatever year that was, he tore things up real good and crazyyyyy, and I'm stoked to see 'em at Red Rocks! I'll try my best to remember to report back on here somewhere (is there a Primus thread? I haven't checked...) Heh we'll see what pictures I can muster....

Hopefully leaving sooN!!  :o :o
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Penny Lane

Congrats DiscoStu.   Change your username to Bar-B-Stu?

That is genius. Stu, when you go off on your own, give BH credit for that.

Jon T.

Neil Young just announced he's coming to Pensacola!  At a small theater, no less!  I am beyond excited!!!

BH

QuoteHave a great time woodnymph!  I've seen Primus probably 10-12 times but not in many many years.  I would like to see them again.

Thanks BH! 10-12 times!!! That's F'n awesome! If you could guess, what year-span would you say those shows were???

I never saw 'em yet, just Les by himself a couple times... and the Dead KennyG's, who used to play with him for awhile.... but he was awesome at Allgood fest in '05 (or 06?.... 07?! yikes) Whatever year that was, he tore things up real good and crazyyyyy, and I'm stoked to see 'em at Red Rocks! I'll try my best to remember to report back on here somewhere (is there a Primus thread? I haven't checked...) Heh we'll see what pictures I can muster....

Hopefully leaving sooN!!  :o :o

It was from the time Pork Soda came out (1993?) thru probably around 2000 before their hiatus.   I think I saw them 5-6 times just on the Pork Soda tours.

Funny thing about the weekends when you're unemployed, they don't mean quite so much.   'Cept you get to hang out with your workin' friends.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

vespachick

QuoteI'm pleased to announce that my BBQ team, Big Railroad BBQ, won 4th place in ribs and 2nd place in chopped/pulled pork bbq at the Beer, Bourbon & BBQ festival this past weekend.  This was the first event sanctioned by the NC BBQ Society.  Not too shabby for our first competition.  

MMMmmmmm, pulled pork.  Congrats Stu!! [smiley=beer.gif]
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

capt. scotty

QuoteI'm pleased to announce that my BBQ team, Big Railroad BBQ, won 4th place in ribs and 2nd place in chopped/pulled pork bbq at the Beer, Bourbon & BBQ festival this past weekend.  This was the first event sanctioned by the NC BBQ Society.  Not too shabby for our first competition.  

Thats great! Whats your recipe for ribs?

I promise I will only use it for personal use
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteLife is good and I'm glad to know you people.
Saw some great live music this weekend and learned a few things.
Love weekend trips to Boston.
Finally found the Muppet album I'd been searching for...$3 vinyl.
Discovering Townes Van Zandt, who I'd only known in passing.
Weather has cooled down a little.
New running clothes.
Last week I had the first real conversation w/my mom today since her stroke...one where she asked me questions back. Felt good.
Love watching JJ do his thing, making the world a better place.

Dealing with patients at least every week with strokes is hard enough, I couldnt imagine having a family member suffer from one. Good to hear she's turning a corner.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

New running clothes.
Last week I had the first real conversation w/my mom today since her stroke...one where she asked me questions back. Felt good.

Dealing with patients at least every week with strokes is hard enough, I couldnt imagine having a family member suffer from one. Good to hear she's turning a corner.

Thanks, Capt.

PS--she also put on a regular shoe for the first time today, too, no more of those damn orthotic velcro things. she's wobbly but motivated.. :)

TheBigChicken

New running clothes.
out of the loop awhile. I'm SO SORRY to hear about your mother. Sending WARM FLA vibes to "Mom"...keep us posted....we care
Love and hopes.........BC
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TEO

QuoteI "get" to go back to work this week!!!  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8-) :-? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

i bet Mr. S is everyone's favorite teacher, too!

Not at first!  ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

Hang in there Penny with the stroke recovery phase. Baby Steps...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

weeniebeenie

New running clothes.
It's great that your mum's doing well.

What Townes Van Zandt have you listened to? He always makes me feel better.
How loud can silence get?

Penny Lane

It's great that your mum's doing well.

What Townes Van Zandt have you listened to? He always makes me feel better.

the only one i have is "High, Low and in Between"
any recommendations?

mjkoehler

Hi kids.....

Things are a little better here (still not coming to NYC though  >:( ). Just keep plowing through the days wondering when that magical winning lottery ticket is ever going to show up. Barely making it through my marathon training because of the atrocious heat/humidty we've had this summer. Kids go back to school soon which should alleviate some of the stress in the house and she found a good full time job outside of the house so that will greatly help. Recently took the kids on a very last minute trip to Chicago. Had fun seeing a couple things and visiting with an old dear friend and her husband. Makes me wish I lived in Chicago. I talk to/email someone here daily and it helps (and I can never thank her enough and she knows who she is).

ribs
ice cream
good beer
good wine
quality cheese

These are a few of my faaaaaavorite things.

Miss all the peeps. Not sure how much I'll be around. Certainly not like I used to be, but who knows.

jones

Glad things are looking up, Mike.

Penny Lane

QuoteHi kids.....

Things are a little better here (still not coming to NYC though  >:( ). Just keep plowing through the days wondering when that magical winning lottery ticket is ever going to show up. Barely making it through my marathon training because of the atrocious heat/humidty we've had this summer. Kids go back to school soon which should alleviate some of the stress in the house and she found a good full time job outside of the house so that will greatly help. Recently took the kids on a very last minute trip to Chicago. Had fun seeing a couple things and visiting with an old dear friend and her husband. Makes me wish I lived in Chicago. I talk to/email someone here daily and it helps (and I can never thank her enough and she knows who she is).

ribs
ice cream
good beer
good wine
quality cheese

These are a few of my faaaaaavorite things.

Miss all the peeps. Not sure how much I'll be around. Certainly not like I used to be, but who knows.

You are missed. Welcome back! (sorta)