Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingmept2

I'm on the way to Sulphur Springs, a natural spring fed pool that's gonna be so refreshing in this Oklahoma 110 degree weather. Gaaaaaaaa! Cannonballllsssss!
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

Soulshine

Seeing that my friends are happy.  :)

...and mjk  ;)

Because we're all in this together...

mjkoehler

QuoteSeeing that my friends are happy.  :)

...and mjk  ;)

[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

capt. scotty

Heading out tomorrow for Deer Creek + AlpineX2. SHould be a phun weekend
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

iLikeBeer

QuoteHeading out tomorrow for Deer Creek + AlpineX2. SHould be a phun weekend

Sounds like good times!  Reminds me of making that run with the Dead back in the day!  8-)

Jon T.

3rd row tickets for Neil Young!!!

iLikeBeer

Quote3rd row tickets for Neil Young!!!

I got to be up close in personal with Niel back when I was in college!  My friend and I were baking off to the side of the lawn at Blossom Amphitheater here in Akron OH and this couple was leaving right at the start of Niel's show waving their tix and saying they had 3rd row center tix for free to anyone that wanted them.  

Given the state of mind my friend and I were in, it took a couple of seconds to sink in but we finally jumped up and snagged them!  I couldn't believe it was true!  What a kick ass night that turned out to be.  We were there with like 8 other friends who were also out on the lawn and we were like, fuck them, we're going to the fucking 3rd row!!!  8-)

sweatboard

Speaking of Neil Young.....Got a pizza, turned on tv and The Last Waltz was on, Neil was singing Helpless.  I'm not sure if I've ever loved a man more than when Levon sings The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down.
There's Still Time.........

TheBigChicken

QuoteSpeaking of Neil Young.....Got a pizza, turned on tv and The Last Waltz was on, Neil was singing Helpless.  I'm not sure if I've ever loved a man more than when Levon sings The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down.
everyone should have one of those Last Waltz moments :-*
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

johnnYYac

QuoteSpeaking of Neil Young.....Got a pizza, turned on tv and The Last Waltz was on, Neil was singing Helpless.  I'm not sure if I've ever loved a man more than when Levon sings The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down.

I saw TLW was on, but just missed it.  With time before the next program, they showed a clip of Cream from '05 doing "Sunshine of Your Love."  Amazing jam.  Clapton, Bruce, and Baker were on fire.

Here it is:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyftaay-pFA[/media]  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

X2  
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

aMillionDreams

I'm finally healed!  Well, mostly.  Sorry if I've posted anything weird in the past few weeks, I don't remember it and I was out of my mind on pain meds.  I burned the shit out of my arm a couple weeks ago, yesterday was the first day that I could go the entire day without taking a pill or drinking anything since it happened.  Healed up right in time to go back to work (ok, that "joy" was a little tongue in cheek).
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Penny Lane

QuoteI'm finally healed!  Well, mostly.  Sorry if I've posted anything weird in the past few weeks, I don't remember it and I was out of my mind on pain meds.  I burned the shit out of my arm a couple weeks ago, yesterday was the first day that I could go the entire day without taking a pill or drinking anything since it happened.  Healed up right in time to go back to work (ok, that "joy" was a little tongue in cheek).

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Hope the arm is healing...sounds like a nasty burn  :(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

QuoteI'm finally healed!  Well, mostly.  Sorry if I've posted anything weird in the past few weeks, I don't remember it and I was out of my mind on pain meds.  I burned the shit out of my arm a couple weeks ago, yesterday was the first day that I could go the entire day without taking a pill or drinking anything since it happened.  Healed up right in time to go back to work (ok, that "joy" was a little tongue in cheek).

Glad you're doing better man.  That sounds painful.  I guess I shouldn't ask how that went down?  I'll PM you my address so you can send me your leftover meds.  Cool.  
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

aMillionDreams

Glad you're doing better man.  That sounds painful.  I guess I shouldn't ask how that went down?  I'll PM you my address so you can send me your leftover meds.  Cool.  

I was actually brewing beer, believe it or not.  I hadn't even started really, it was the first step.  I heated up a pot of boiling water to get the mash ton "primed".  I was carrying the pot to the mash tun when a bit splashed on my stomach.  When that happened I reacted and a lot of that boiling water splashed out onto my arm.  I've never been in that much pain in my life and it just kept getting worse until I almost fainted or hyperventilated, but I kept myself together enough to drive myself to the immediate care center in my truck, which is a stick, to the ER. After that it was just a lot of pain, drugs, pain, drugs, cleaning the burn, PAIN, drugs, pain, drugs, repeat...  Until yesterday.  Today it looks really good, certainly injured, but no longer a gaping wound.

btw, no way I'm quitting brewing!  I brewed my first batch today since my injury.  I'm back, baby!

I brewed Cincinnati Red Ale.   :)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

TEO

Sounds like you will be able to make it Saturday... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

Had a great weekend with Jim Bob! Back to MIZZOU for his Senior year. Man it has gone quickly...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Soulshine

I'm sorry Dylan....burns are awful. Glad you're feeling better! We need to catch up.  :)
Because we're all in this together...

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I was actually brewing beer, believe it or not.  I hadn't even started really, it was the first step.  I heated up a pot of boiling water to get the mash ton "primed".  I was carrying the pot to the mash tun when a bit splashed on my stomach.  When that happened I reacted and a lot of that boiling water splashed out onto my arm.  I've never been in that much pain in my life and it just kept getting worse until I almost fainted or hyperventilated, but I kept myself together enough to drive myself to the immediate care center in my truck, which is a stick, to the ER. After that it was just a lot of pain, drugs, pain, drugs, cleaning the burn, PAIN, drugs, pain, drugs, repeat...  Until yesterday.  Today it looks really good, certainly injured, but no longer a gaping wound.

btw, no way I'm quitting brewing!  I brewed my first batch today since my injury.  I'm back, baby!

I brewed Cincinnati Red Ale.   :)

that's seriously fucked something so delicious can do so much damage.  I hate burns.  once I was making some dank ass crispy treats and spilled the hot marshmallows on the floor.  tried to scoop them up with this little dish but the marshmallows got stuck to a couple fingers.  it was the worst burn I've had.  probably 2nd degree burns from fucking marshmallows.  such an annoying process getting rid of a burn.  at least they gave you pills to help cope.  don't pop the blisters for as long as you can stand it, it'll make that shit worse no doubt.

The DARK

Damn Dylan, sounds painful. Glad to hear it healed up!

Off to college tomorrow!  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face