Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

QuoteHappiness is a new driveway!

UPDATE

Before

After

Did you leave a tripod set up in the road or something?  It looks like the exact same perspective.

Much better!
Y'know, my wife said it looked like I'd Photoshop'd the first picture.  It was just by chance that I must've stood in the same spot for both shots.  I won't get to drive on it until Sunday, but it really looks nice.  Funny, the things you get excited about as you get older.  This driveway is the biggest non-MMJ event in my life since my 2 year old was born.  Middle age = shifting priorities.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mahg33ta

Funny, the things you get excited about as you get older.  This driveway is the biggest non-MMJ event in my life since my 2 year old was born.  Middle age = shifting priorities.  

Ha ha old man - I'm in the same boat as you.   After a lifetime of doing without, we just got central AC put in our house this weekend (3 months too late for sure)... and I was saying pretty much what you wrote - funny the mundane things that excite me these days.   I even checked the weather page hoping for some freakish hot spell to sweep through.   But no, actually the heat kicked on last night.    Still, for 2011, bring it on global warming!

kydiddle

QuoteI got the job!
Looks like NYC aint' done with me yet.

Just saw this...

Good for you!!! :)
Cow temperature.

kydiddle

Bought a box of Count Chocula, ate it in a day. Have slowly realized that quite a few "joys" in my life relate directly to food/beer. I'm like a taller, less successful version of Liz Lemon.

And I'm fine with it.  ;D
Cow temperature.

Penny Lane

QuoteBought a box of Count Chocula, ate it in a day. Have slowly realized that quite a few "joys" in my life relate directly to food/beer. I'm like a taller, less successful version of Liz Lemon.

And I'm fine with it.  ;D

LOL Ky, i can't wait to meet you. ha ha...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Hawkeye

Listening to It Still Moves in the Firebird.  Perfect buzz.  Perfect weather.  Windows down.  On the way home from dart league.   Aaaaaaaaaahhhh.  Reminds me why I'm here :)
We could.

Penny Lane

QuoteListening to It Still Moves in the Firebird.  Perfect buzz.  Perfect weather.  Windows down.  On the way home from dart league.   Aaaaaaaaaahhhh.  Reminds me why I'm here :)

It IS great to be alive sometimes!

Crispy

QuoteListening to It Still Moves in the Firebird.  Perfect buzz.  Perfect weather.  Windows down.  On the way home from dart league.   Aaaaaaaaaahhhh.  Reminds me why I'm here :)
Nice. My car joy is that I've finally gotten the process going of installing a new intake manifold and 4-bbl carb on my Galaxie. It's all torn apart, just have to break the old intake loose from the block, it doesn't want to leave. If the carb spacer that I got on ebay arrives, I'll have that sucker running this weekend, and ISM will be the first thing blasted from the stereo.  :)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ALady

It's 75 and sunny.

I'm wearing a pencil skirt and black patent slingback pumps and feel like Joan Holloway.

I danced it out at King Khan last night/this morning.

I just signed up for a burlesque class.

Thursday is all right.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

QuoteIt's 75 and sunny.

I'm wearing a pencil skirt and black patent slingback pumps and feel like Joan Holloway.

I danced it out at King Khan last night/this morning.

I just signed up for a burlesque class.

Thursday is all right.

Well aren't you just a little sex pot!  ;)

mjkoehler

QuoteI'm wearing a pencil skirt and black patent slingback pumps and feel like Joan Holloway.
Now, did you go see the barista/bagel guy? pencil skirts and FMP's......

Penny Lane

QuoteI'm wearing a pencil skirt and black patent slingback pumps and feel like Joan Holloway.
Now, did you go see the barista/bagel guy? pencil skirts and FMP's......

Oh yeah! The coffee shop dude, do it! I'm turned on just reading it.

ALady

Ha - no.  I'm done with coffee shop guys.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

woodnymph

The sun has finally resurfaced after 3/4 of an eon of clouds and rain and chilliness in the 'burgh.... and I awoke early today to get a head start on enjoying the sunny warmth... and this led me to finding a framed picture in the Goodwill store for $5 that fits my Pittsburgh Jacket concert poster just right! I also grabbed up the latest Mother Earth News Garden Series mag "How to Grow and Preserve Your Own Food." It is terrific so far and explains so much about farming/homesteading/gardening that I am beside myself and want to go build a cabin this instant  :-X  How to make your own cider, grow winter tomatoes, how to use cold frames in your garden to extend the growing seasons, best ways to can, freeze, dehydrate, & preserve goodiessss..... not sure that anyone else here is even mildly interested in such things, but this to me is heaven on wheelss.......  8-)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

capt. scotty

yeah, the last 5 or so days sucked...just got back from a nice bike ride.

whats the poster look like? I forgot to buy one.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

walterfredo

QuoteThe sun has finally resurfaced after 3/4 of an eon of clouds and rain and chilliness in the 'burgh.... and I awoke early today to get a head start on enjoying the sunny warmth... and this led me to finding a framed picture in the Goodwill store for $5 that fits my Pittsburgh Jacket concert poster just right! I also grabbed up the latest Mother Earth News Garden Series mag "How to Grow and Preserve Your Own Food." It is terrific so far and explains so much about farming/homesteading/gardening that I am beside myself and want to go build a cabin this instant  :-X  How to make your own cider, grow winter tomatoes, how to use cold frames in your garden to extend the growing seasons, best ways to can, freeze, dehydrate, & preserve goodiessss..... not sure that anyone else here is even mildly interested in such things, but this to me is heaven on wheelss.......  8-)

you need to talk with my better half!  She's got mad skills! We will someday soon own a chunk of land and live our dream.  Until then, I'll be content with my backyard chickens and small garden plot.  

woodnymph

QuoteThe sun has finally resurfaced after 3/4 of an eon of clouds and rain and chilliness in the 'burgh.... and I awoke early today to get a head start on enjoying the sunny warmth... and this led me to finding a framed picture in the Goodwill store for $5 that fits my Pittsburgh Jacket concert poster just right! I also grabbed up the latest Mother Earth News Garden Series mag "How to Grow and Preserve Your Own Food." It is terrific so far and explains so much about farming/homesteading/gardening that I am beside myself and want to go build a cabin this instant  :-X  How to make your own cider, grow winter tomatoes, how to use cold frames in your garden to extend the growing seasons, best ways to can, freeze, dehydrate, & preserve goodiessss..... not sure that anyone else here is even mildly interested in such things, but this to me is heaven on wheelss.......  8-)

you need to talk with my better half!  She's got mad skills! We will someday soon own a chunk of land and live our dream.  Until then, I'll be content with my backyard chickens and small garden plot.  
My goodness that is fantastic!!!  :o :o That's the life there!! I've been reading up on chickens and goats, etc.. that is AWESOME you guys have some and intend on getting some land!! My biggest hurdle is the WHERE factor.... where are you guys looking???

lil sis

Speaking of chickens...my coworker has raised two and let her daughter name them.  She chose the names Teabag and Todd.  Teabag would be the obvious funny coming from a 5 year old, but Todd the Chicken is much more amusing to me.  Def puts a smile to my face when I think about it.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

woodnymph

QuoteSpeaking of chickens...my coworker has raised two and let her daughter name them.  She chose the names Teabag and Todd.  Teabag would be the obvious funny coming from a 5 year old, but Todd the Chicken is much more amusing to me.  Def puts a smile to my face when I think about it.
Awwwww! Heheh that's super cute  :) Wish I had chickens when I was 5!! I'd name them something ridiculous too I'm sure :P Yeah I've been reading up on the different types, different caretaking techniques, egg-laying processes, etc, etc... definitely something I'll be getting into when I have my own land! I'm vegetarian so I wouldn't be raising them for meat, but I tell ya what there's no eggs quite like ones fresh from your own chickens! And they do wonders for fertilizer and lawncare  I hear :P

weeniebeenie

I finally got a DSLR. Now I can take some courses at the Australian Centre for Photography.
How loud can silence get?