Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

the_wizzard

Got home to find that my landscaping job, which has been in the works for 6 months has finally begun! Buh-bye 3/4 of my lawn, hello new beds!

Now who wants to clean my roof?  ;)

woodnymph

Gluten......free...... PUMPKIN/CHOCOLATE BROWNIES

ft. fresh-chopped cashews

They almost bring me to tears!!! :'( :'(

And I had an unruly dream that I could fly last night... using half of a paper plate.... and sewing thread. That was all I needed to harness the power of wind to propel me upwards... it was an interesting night of dreams.........
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

aMillionDreams

QuoteGot home to find that my landscaping job, which has been in the works for 6 months has finally begun! Buh-bye 3/4 of my lawn, hello new beds!

Now who wants to clean my roof?  ;)

Very nice, Wiz!  

It was difficult for me to turn my front yard back into a lawn.  I hated to do it, but it was necessary to sell the house.  At least I got a good year out of it.  We ended up with 4 grocery bags worth of sweet potatoes not to mention the squash and maters!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

darkglow

it was in the mid-70s with little to no wind today in TN.. so i spent the day out on the lake fishing with my mom and her new man.. who i like quite a bit.. how the hell is it november (practically) and i got a sunburn on my forehead today? awesomely perfect day

TheBigChicken

Halloween , roasted pumpkin seeds , and The Addamms Family marathon :-* :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

leftover halloween candy.  butterfinger, baby ruth, mmmm.

kydiddle

Skyped with darkglow until the wee hours. He makes me laugh. so. hard.  ;D

...still laughing.
Cow temperature.

ALady

Aw!   :)  I miss darkglow.  

My parents visited yesterday and brought me some lovely purple mums.  They brought the dog too.  I made them a kickass leek risotto, and we took a walk around my neighborhood admiring the fall colors.

It was also my best friend's birthday this weekend and we celebrated with mussels, frites, lots of Belgian beer, window shopping, and cupcakes.  Not in that order.

The sun is shining and it's been one of the nicest Falls I can remember.

Penny Lane

Teo, Crazylove, Low Down, aMD's rock boner..
..and seeing Goose again! (I'm drunk..and I'm on crutches).
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

megalicious

i was bummed i missed the louisville show, but reading y'all's posts about its epicness made me smile.

also: dark chocolate reese's cups. nomming like a mofo over here.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

ALady

Steam Engine, 5.1.10  

:)

capt. scotty

QuotePlease forgive me for an afterglow cross post.

I have been listening to this band for almost 7 years now and they have brought me joy that very few bands have been able to replicate over my 32 years.  However, the unadulterated joy that was October 18-23, I can confidently say I've never experienced before.  The apartment, the people from all over, the city,  the music and the unbridled kindness of all created a confluence of energies that set me off on an unmatched 6 day high that was supplemented by only a few drinks and a pretzel or two. Wink

I joined this forum over 2 years ago and found myself returning to more often as time went by because I sensed there were very good people here and the sense of community it brought was real and fulfilling.  Throughout that time, I have met members here and there at shows and each person I had met only reinforced my appreciation of this forum and the people here.  

So often in the communities of the interwebs, we lack the accountability that should counterbalance the often strong opinions that we espouse.  Within this community, a large majority of the people have wanted to be held accountable by actually wanting to meet up together before and after shows, 1st to show how frickin' awesome they are, but also to back up what may otherwise be construed as somewhat hollow, insincere postings on a digital message board.  For that, you guys are the best.

I cannot remember the last time I felt so giddy for such a prolonged period of time that can only be compared to excitement of something new that I experienced during my youth, whether it be summer camp or my folks taking me overseas to stay with my families in Japan and India.  Sharing that apartment was something else guys.  The tiniest of living quarters, 75 minutes waits for the shower, paper thin walls, bedbugs, a shower so small that if you dropped your soap you had to get out to pick it up, and some many other random quirks.  BUT, all you roomies made it awesome.  That's it.  You all know who you are and thanks for making it the best 4 night hotel stay in my life.

So with all that sense of euphoria coursing through me thanks to all the great people I met at McGee's, the venue and elsewhere, the music also happened.  That is likely for another thread but needless to say, those were the best 5 concerts of my life.  My really close friend from high school who I hadn't seen in two years joined me for Z night.  He said he'll be willing to take days off to tour near the NE to Mid Atlantic whenever they come back.  Enough said.  

Thanks everyone!  [smiley=beer.gif]

Couldnt agree more!

This last week and a half has been hectic with work and stuff, but more than anything I was living off the memories of the week in NYC with all of yinz, and last night finally had to throw some Jacket on and come back here to get the buzz back! That, and I know once I open the Shows sections I knew/know its going to take me 4-5 hours to read thru everything I plan on reading, and today I might finally have the time to do that  ;D

Truly great to meet everyone that I did in NYC. Ive never enjoyed being in a 20 x 20 apartment with 10 people more. Not only was it a once in a lifetime experience, but Ive never had an entire week, and everyday of that week (well, except the day I puked, went back to the apt & slept for 18 hours while everyone met the band at Carl's show) be so spectacular and memorable.

Definitely a constant stream of holy fuck!  :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quoteit was in the mid-70s with little to no wind today in TN.. so i spent the day out on the lake fishing with my mom and her new man.. who i like quite a bit.. how the hell is it november (practically) and i got a sunburn on my forehead today? awesomely perfect day

Nice. Here it feels like Fall was almost a non-existent 2 weeks long or so and winter is quickly approaching.

Think Im going up to Lake Erie in the next week or 2 to go fishing before Steelhead season is over. About as excited as I can be for freezing my ass off and likely not catching anything  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

QuoteBy the way, I have your hat and need your address.

Ruckus told me to tell you to stomp on that hat, pour gasoline on it, set it on fire, sweep up the ashes, put them in the toilet, pee and then flush it all down the toilet.   Cool?  Thanks.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

kydiddle

QuoteSteam Engine, 5.1.10  

:)

Seriously, RIGHT?!! Best. Ever.

And BH...consider it done.  ;D
Cow temperature.

kydiddle

Couldnt agree more!

This last week and a half has been hectic with work and stuff, but more than anything I was living off the memories of the week in NYC with all of yinz, and last night finally had to throw some Jacket on and come back here to get the buzz back! That, and I know once I open the Shows sections I knew/know its going to take me 4-5 hours to read thru everything I plan on reading, and today I might finally have the time to do that  ;D

Truly great to meet everyone that I did in NYC. Ive never enjoyed being in a 20 x 20 apartment with 10 people more. Not only was it a once in a lifetime experience, but Ive never had an entire week, and everyday of that week (well, except the day I puked, went back to the apt & slept for 18 hours while everyone met the band at Carl's show) be so spectacular and memorable.

Definitely a constant stream of holy fuck!  :D

Where have you been...I thought something happened to you! Good to see you back on here, Capt. :)
Cow temperature.

ALady

He was probably just sleeping.

darkglow

capt. scotty

Like I said, its been crazy with work, school, and stuff...also, I pretty much survived the past week and a half off NYC thoughts/memories/recollections.

But yes, I do love me some sleep  8-)