Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulshine

Its snowing in Boulder
Because we're all in this together...

darkglow

capt. scotty

Nice box Hawkeye...I think it looks vintage more than ugly. You can also slowly accrue quarters from your friends now  ;)

You get a new car Tyler?! 350Z's are pretty badass. Id probably get my license revoked if I owned one. Black rims complete that shit.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

QuoteTHIS

Awesome.  Love the black on black.   Give that thing a nice 3 stage wax and BAM!  It will look brand spankin new.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Hawkeye

QuoteTHIS

NICE.  CAR.  Love me a nice shiny black  car.  Those rims are tiiiight, boiiiii!   :D  :D  :D  8-)
We could.

darkglow

yeah.. i'm gonna seal the deal with the paperwork tomorrow afternoon.. those pics were taken with a huge coat of dust and dirt on the car on sunday.. i had the guy wash and wax it up for me to look at tomorrow when i come back to make up my mind. i wanna make sure there are no major scratches on the paint

BH

Quoteyeah.. i'm gonna seal the deal with the paperwork tomorrow afternoon.. those pics were taken with a huge coat of dust and dirt on the car on sunday.. i had the guy wash and wax it up for me to look at tomorrow when i come back to make up my mind. i wanna make sure there are no major scratches on the paint

What year is it?  Miles?  New Tires?   Any warranty left?   Auto or Manual?   Transmission and clutch still feel nice and snappy?  I heard there may be a bit of oil burn in older models but nothing to be too concerned with.  You might want to ask them about now though in case it comes up later.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

darkglow

it's a 2006.. and automatic transmission (it's the enthusiast model) with 61,000 miles on it and that just tops over the 60,000 drivetrain warranty.. probably why they only want 15k for it. the front tires are brand new and the rear still have quite a bit of tread on them. i'm going to ask quite a few questions tomorrow when i go look at it / drive it again.

capt. scotty

Quoteit's a 2006.. and automatic transmission (it's the enthusiast model) with 61,000 miles on it and that just tops over the 60,000 drivetrain warranty.. probably why they only want 15k for it. the front tires are brand new and the rear still have quite a bit of tread on them. i'm going to ask quite a few questions tomorrow when i go look at it / drive it again.

of course, try to get the price down if possible. also, tell them upfront you want them to cover any kind of BS handling fee and stuff of that ilk..just signing over a title in your name will cost you at least a few hundy and stuff like that you should be able to get them to cover or include in the 15k.

also, check the car fox if you havent already.

no, this one

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sweet Nothing

QuoteMy new toy.  I actually haven't picked it up yet, but the guy gave me a box of 45's ahead of time to dig through.  Only $350!!!!  I think I got a steal.

Wurlitzer model 2600 (#29 on this slideshow/gallery)

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Wurlitzer/Jukebox%20Museum/Wurlitzer%20Jukebox%20Gallery/

Yea might not have the nicest visual appeal but you can have up to 200 selections.  How long until it makes its way to you?

Hawkeye

QuoteMy new toy.  I actually haven't picked it up yet, but the guy gave me a box of 45's ahead of time to dig through.  Only $350!!!!  I think I got a steal.

Wurlitzer model 2600 (#29 on this slideshow/gallery)

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Wurlitzer/Jukebox%20Museum/Wurlitzer%20Jukebox%20Gallery/

Yea might not have the nicest visual appeal but you can have up to 200 selections.  How long until it makes its way to you?

Just picked it up last night!!!!!  I'm never going to want to leave my living room!  Got 'er all stocked with the best 45's I've got...quite a random selection...I've never bought a 45 before...always figured I'd just go for the full album...but now I've got a reason!  And a nice winter project :)

I'm really waiting for that scene in Death Proof to be re-enacted...you know the one ;)  Hell, I'm going to have to find that 45 now! (whatever song is playing during that strip-tease scene)
We could.

SaraBananaBear

Because it's now winter season, I get to wear a cape to work as part of my work outfit! Rarely have I felt prettier 8-) I think I'm going to have to get one to wear outside of work as well  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

tdb810

Mini-College-Girlfriend Reunion tonite :)  JOY
.....Back at the Model Home

Penny Lane

QuoteMini-College-Girlfriend Reunion tonite :)  JOY

Awesome!

I'm doing a girl's night myself. Some of you may be getting more drunk texts.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

just watched my dog have a dream.  fucking hilarious.  she looked like she was dreaming about running around or something haha here little legs were moving and she was making funny ass faces.  ah Roxy is my peace.

MarkW

1.  Aung San Suu Kyi being released.

2. Change of car next week:

Always fancied a Jag, and the recently-replaced XJ shape is one of my favourites.  I think me, the petrol station and the XJR are likely to become a regular threesome over the next few months!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Crispy

Quote1.  Aung San Suu Kyi being released.

2. Change of car next week:

Always fancied a Jag, and the recently-replaced XJ shape is one of my favourites.  I think me, the petrol station and the XJR are likely to become a regular threesome over the next few months!
You forgot to include your Jag dealership's service department waiting area... (sorry, couldn't help myself)  ;)

Also agree about #1 -- very good news.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

MarkW

QuoteYou forgot to include your Jag dealership's service department waiting area... (sorry, couldn't help myself)  ;)

I'm sure they have comfy chairs!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

lil sis

Moving in with my love  :)
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Bigsky

QuoteMoving in with my love  :)

Jim James?  ;)