Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jan 15, 2011, 11:21 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Jan 15, 2011, 11:03 PM
Quote from: TheBigChicken on Jan 15, 2011, 08:20 AM
Finally a Saturday off. Going to clean my chicken coop out and spend some time with my birds. Going to try and post some pics soon. Also, heard back from a job I applied for ! Hope I can quit my warehouse job and take this delivery position. Heres hoping for me  ???
Oh man what kind of chickens does a BigChicken have, and how many??? Heheh I'm trying to read about the different breeds and how to care for them, etc. Hopefully to have a few of my own someday! So you're in FL or I'd ask what your technique for giving them water is in the winter, but you don't likely ever deal with water freezing or them picking at it and splashing it all around and making ice everywhere! Def. post some pics, I'd love to see your coop layout! (And best of luck on the delivery position!)  :)

My brother lives on a farm and has chickens! Pretty sure you just have to change the water everyday, it probably doesn't freeze that fast. Plus they're in a coop that gives them some warmth.
Nice, Truth! Yeah I guess it would just take some experimenting and keeping an eye on everything to make sure things were going smooth... very cool he's got a farm!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

Big hike tomorrow! (if it doesn't snow too much tonight... nothin' like that Tahoe snow for sure!!) but there's a big part of me that wouldn't mind just sleepin' in under the warm fuzzy covers and not fishtailin' out to Raccoon Park on the highway for an hour :) I'll snap a pic or two of the frozen lake if I go, sure is lovely  8)

TheBigChicken

Quote from: woodnymph on Jan 15, 2011, 11:03 PM
Quote from: TheBigChicken on Jan 15, 2011, 08:20 AM
Finally a Saturday off. Going to clean my chicken coop out and spend some time with my birds. Going to try and post some pics soon. Also, heard back from a job I applied for ! Hope I can quit my warehouse job and take this delivery position. Heres hoping for me  ???
Oh man what kind of chickens does a BigChicken have, and how many??? Heheh I'm trying to read about the different breeds and how to care for them, etc. Hopefully to have a few of my own someday! So you're in FL or I'd ask what your technique for giving them water is in the winter, but you don't likely ever deal with water freezing or them picking at it and splashing it all around and making ice everywhere! Def. post some pics, I'd love to see your coop layout! (And best of luck on the delivery position!)  :

I have 2 Americaunas and 1 Rhode Island Red
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ALady

Quote from: bluesky on Jan 15, 2011, 10:36 PM
Lady, maybe if you don't get one they will just let visit and pet them at the shop

Quote from: ALady on Jan 15, 2011, 06:41 PM
Seconded - good luck, BigChicken! I might have already asked, but what kind of chickens do you have?

Current joy: thinking about getting a bunny.  Probably not but maybe.  I wandered into a pet store this morning cos they had some six week old bunnehs in the window.  So cute!

That's not a bad idea, blue...

Have a great hike, wood!   :)

Love Rhode Islands!  Sweet birds. 
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

woodnymph

Hey thanks Maggie!  It. waaaas. AWESOME!  It was a perfect day by winter standards (24 degrees, so no slushy trails, etc... ) (and you really heat up after the first 20-30 mins....) 50/50 clouds-to-sun ratio, not blindingly bright but not grey... and super kind people (+2 doggehs!)  Couldn't find the camera this a.m. though, but here's a shot of the mineral springs, via cellular:

Beautiful day! And thanks for all the chickeny info. everyone! Still wanting a pic of that coop, TBC!

TheBigChicken

wow Woody that looks SOOPER cool....I wanna hike.. :-\ Will try to get ya some chick pics... :thumbsup:

woodnymph

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Jan 17, 2011, 05:14 AM
wow Woody that looks SOOPER cool....I wanna hike.. :-\ Will try to get ya some chick pics... :thumbsup:
Yay chick pics!  ;)  Hey you oughta go hike! Any cool spots down by you? This park about 30-40 mins from my house is an amazing spot... This pic makes me smile, someone from the group snuck it when I wasn't lookin

vespachick

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

TheBigChicken

atomic...?lemonheads are yum too :thumbsup:

ALady

Whoa...cool pix!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

aMillionDreams

Being single is fun.  :thumbsup:
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TheBigChicken

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Jan 18, 2011, 11:01 PM

Have fun dude!  ;D

...it gets old though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

aMillionDreams

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Jan 20, 2011, 08:42 AM

...it gets old though.

Ya, so does marriage.  The grass is always greener, right?  Well, I'm going to stick with this shade of green for a while.  It's treating me well so far!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Jan 20, 2011, 12:09 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Jan 20, 2011, 08:42 AM

...it gets old though.

Ya, so does marriage.  The grass is always greener, right?  Well, I'm going to stick with this shade of green for a while.  It's treating me well so far!

I hear ya! Live it up!
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

wolof7

after much consideration on what to do on this fine Friday evening my fiancee and I decided on this:

.....and.........

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

peafunk31

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 21, 2011, 08:37 PM
after much consideration on what to do on this fine Friday evening my fiancee and I decided on this:

.....and.........

Simply brilliant! My wife & I have had many similar evenings. Although we usually nix the beer & consume copius amounts of "Caucasians"
Homer no function beer well without.

ralph

"She's not my special lady, she's my fucking lady friend. I'm just helping her conceive, man."

Gotta love The Dude, cause The Dude abides....

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.