Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjk73

Almond Butter, and Cashew Butter, and Sunflower Butters are all delicious

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 21, 2011, 10:21 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 21, 2011, 11:16 AM5 days in New Hampshire in July

And in September, 1.5 days in Chicago (including game @ Wrigley), 3 days in Glacier National Park in Montana, 1.5 days in Seattle (including game @ Safeco)

Thats some pretty nice spots! Have you ever been to Glacier before?!? Im guessing yes since youre spending 3 days there, but that is the most beautiful, jaw dropping pieces of nature Ive ever seen. I really only got to see it for a day as far as the park, but the next time Im out there I plan on spending much more time. Couldnt believe I was still in the USA

Actually I've never been out there... I've never been west of Louisville. I decided I wanted to change that and saw that Amtrak runs from Chicago to Seattle, and I have always wanted to take a long train ride. Then I realized it stops right outside of the park, did some reading about the park, and decided 3 days there would be a nice way to break up the train ride. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of what the park has to offer, get in some canoeing, and hope to avoid any and all bears.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ALady

If you need any Chicago suggestions, let me know!   :thumbsup:  Sounds like an amazing trip!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 22, 2011, 10:39 AM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 21, 2011, 11:16 AM5 days in New Hampshire in July

And in September, 1.5 days in Chicago (including game @ Wrigley), 3 days in Glacier National Park in Montana, 1.5 days in Seattle (including game @ Safeco)

Thats some pretty nice spots! Have you ever been to Glacier before?!? Im guessing yes since youre spending 3 days there, but that is the most beautiful, jaw dropping pieces of nature Ive ever seen. I really only got to see it for a day as far as the park, but the next time Im out there I plan on spending much more time. Couldnt believe I was still in the USA

Actually I've never been out there... I've never been west of Louisville. I decided I wanted to change that and saw that Amtrak runs from Chicago to Seattle, and I have always wanted to take a long train ride. Then I realized it stops right outside of the park, did some reading about the park, and decided 3 days there would be a nice way to break up the train ride. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of what the park has to offer, get in some canoeing, and hope to avoid any and all bears.

Be prepared to be blown away. Make sure you drive up Going To The Sun Road at least to the peak/midway pt where the building is and take the 30 minute hike to Hidden Lake. Its totally worth it.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

the_wizzard

Eat here in Seattle, you will not be sorry:
http://www.wildginger.net/

woodnymph

Quote from: Darklands on Apr 22, 2011, 09:53 AM
Almond Butter, and Cashew Butter, and Sunflower Butters are all delicious
It's truuuuuueee...... nommmmmm......  :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

Quote from: darkglow on Apr 21, 2011, 11:15 PM
i smoke and drink and party on the weekends and stay up all hours of the night during the week but i exercise regularly and like to eat healthy (rarely eat junk food anymore)

does this make me a good person?

Well I donno about that!!   :P  :P

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 22, 2011, 05:03 PM

Be prepared to be blown away. Make sure you drive up Going To The Sun Road at least to the peak/midway pt where the building is and take the 30 minute hike to Hidden Lake. Its totally worth it.

Definitely! I'm thinking of trying to hit Hidden Lake or Avalanche Lake for sunrise my first morning there.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: woodnymph on Apr 21, 2011, 09:38 PM
Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Apr 21, 2011, 05:53 PM
Almod butter--on jusat about anything 8)
Excuse my French, but no. fucking. way did you just post this!!

I was JUST ABOUT TO GO ON CURRENT COMPLAINTS and spew a small bit about my almond butter addiction that has taken over my life.

Then I was like "ehhhhhh no one will really understand........"

That just freaked me the f out that you posted that hahah I shoulda known the MMJ vortex would prevail  8)  The current complaint has become a current joy, HUZZAH ALMOND BUTTER!!!

SSPREAD the word lady!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

mjk73

Happy Easter kids for those that worship. Enjoying a day of rest, great food, fam, and the fact that we made it out unscathed.  :coffee:

EF0 or EF 1 hit my town only 2 blocks from my house Friday night (it was an offshoot of the destruction at the St Louis Airport). The path it hit is a mess, but we lucked out and no damage here at Casa Koehler.

Jon T.

Glad to hear you made it out okay, MJ.

We had another boy!  A big boy, 9lbs 7.3ozs   :o.   Thaxton Terrance T. - born Friday morning.  Healthy and beautiful, if I do say so myself.  :)  Mrs. T is recovering from her c-section nicely and things really couldn't be going any better.   Thanks for all the kind wishes!

mjk73

That's awesome Jon! Congrats

tdb810

Congrats Jon T.   Wow, 9.7, that's a big boy!  Enjoy  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
.....Back at the Model Home

Ruckus

Congratulations Jon!  Are all your little ones triple T's?  Hey, that's how much I weighed!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

woodnymph

Congratulations Jon!!!  So glad everyone's well!!  :-D   :bath:

johnnYYac

Congrats, Jon and Mrs. T!  Welcome, T3!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jon T.

Thanks to you all!  Ruckus, the T cubed (which has already become a nickname) is just a coincidence.  We named him after our fathers.  My wife's father was born in a small town in Mississippi named Thaxton.  We liked the name and ran with it.  The middle and last names are a little more self explanatory.  He is doing fantastic and seems like he is going to be a very chill baby.  fingers crossed.
I've got to throw his cute little mug up here...

and baby and very proud big brother...

weeniebeenie

Congrats Jon T. :)
How loud can silence get?

pawpaw

Congrats to you and your family Jon! Great name and oustanding closeup! Little toughie!

I don't think I've put up a picture of our little girl. Here's little Maisie in her Easter finery.

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Penny Lane

Congrats to you both! Beautiful babies.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill