Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

Thanks again, err'body.   Bbill, I've been wondering how your family was.  Good to your lil' girl.  She's a beaut!

TEO

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU!!! And thanks for putting a grin on my face from ear to ear...there is nothing like being a father!   :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

EasyRyder

Finally got the MCAT done today...life is good again  :beer:

Common Hangout, you can't come soon enough!!!
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

woodnymph

Congrats everyone on all the adorable healthy happy babies!!!  Bbill, Maisie has such a beautiful smile!!! :-D

And Happy Vesak Day, all!!  Buddha's birthday is celebrated today, and it's just a very happy day of mindfulness & appreciation of life  :)

Here's a picture from Vesak '09 that I took when I was on the trails by my house... there was just this amazing halo around the sun...

Hope everyone enjoys the day!  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Crispy

Beautiful babies! Congrats on the MCAT EazyRyder, happy Vesākha and great sun dog pic there, woody!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

woodnymph

Thanks, Crisp! It was such an amazing feeling to spot it up above on such a high day of meditation!

Getting ready to hit some trails again today!  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

wolof7

Wes Anderson is filming his new movie Moonrise Kingdom 2 towns over from my own in May and June. Hopefully I'll spot Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Jason Schwartzman, Tilda Swinton, Frances MacDormand who will all be in this movie!  :thumbsup:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

johnnYYac

Quote from: wolof7 on May 02, 2011, 10:16 PM
Wes Anderson is filming his new movie Moonrise Kingdom 2 towns over from my own in May and June. Hopefully I'll spot Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Jason Schwartzman, Tilda Swinton, Frances MacDormand who will all be in this movie!  :thumbsup:
try to get cast as an extra
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

wolof7

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 02, 2011, 10:33 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on May 02, 2011, 10:16 PM
try to get cast as an extra

I emailed a local casting agency for this very purpose, however, so far they are only looking for tweenage boys and old salty dogs
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Jaimoe

Forgive me for my 3-tiered rant from a (still) friendly neighbour to the north regarding last night's Canadian election, which was usurped somewhat by the "insignificant" bin Laden story:

The Good: The Green Party earned its first-ever North American win/seat in last night's Canuck federal election when party leader Elizabeth May won in her riding; The New Democrats became the official opposition party for the first time in Canadian history; the Bloc Quebecois (a Quebec separtist party) got hammered in Quebec by the NDP and are now marginalized in Quebec and in Canada, which is good for national unity.

The Bad: the Conservatives won in a majority and this party now has the power to do whatever the fuck it wants., including eroding the middle class, tarnishing our nation's worldwide reputation and importance and basically doing its best to tweek with democracy.

The Ugly: the Liberal Party were destroyed last night and will have a difficult task trying to rebuild what was once the most dominant political force in this country's history. Hey, at least Pierre Trudeau's kid won his riding last night, so there is some hope.

Overall, the country is now more polarized than ever before, with right pitted against left and the Liberal centre becoming irrelevant, which is very sad indeed.

mjk73

Quote from: Jaimoe on May 03, 2011, 03:13 PM
Forgive me for my 3-tiered rant from a (still) friendly neighbour to the north regarding last night's Canadian election, which was usurped somewhat by the "insignificant" bin Laden story:

The Good: The Green Party earned its first-ever North American win/seat in last night's Canuck federal election when party leader Elizabeth May won in her riding; The New Democrats became the official opposition party for the first time in Canadian history; the Bloc Quebecois (a Quebec separtist party) got hammered in Quebec by the NDP and are now marginalized in Quebec and in Canada, which is good for national unity.

The Bad: the Conservatives won in a majority and this party now has the power to do whatever the fuck it wants., including eroding the middle class, tarnishing our nation's worldwide reputation and importance and basically doing its best to tweek with democracy.

The Ugly: the Liberal Party were destroyed last night and will have a difficult task trying to rebuild what was once the most dominant political force in this country's history. Hey, at least Pierre Trudeau's kid won his riding last night, so there is some hope.

Overall, the country is now more polarized than ever before, with right pitted against left and the Liberal centre becoming irrelevant, which is very sad indeed.
This sounds oddly familar... Sorry to hear. My other friends in the North were not happy today either.

Jaimoe

Quote from: Darklands on May 03, 2011, 03:31 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on May 03, 2011, 03:13 PM

This sounds oddly familar... Sorry to hear. My other friends in the North were not happy today either.

Thanks. I must preface that even right-leaning Canada looks leftist when compared to the US. Still, our PM is a bastard, but I like some Conservative Party members.

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

walterfredo

YouAre_GivenToFly

Now that MMJ has announced some more dates, I can add Pittsburgh and Baltimore/Columbia to the list of places I'll be visiting this summer. Already have plans for Chicago, Seattle, Montana, and New Hampshire. Starting preliminary plans for Europe next spring.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

megalicious

I am alive. I have a house. I have a job. I have food to eat.

I am so, so, so greatful and blessed and thankful for everything.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

megalicious

oh and mmj and neko in august
:D
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

TEO

TEO is back from the dead!    :) ;) :D :o 8) :-* :thumbsup:
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jon T.

Quote from: TEO on May 13, 2011, 03:04 PM
TEO is back from the dead!    :) ;) :D :o 8) :-* :thumbsup:

Hey, old friend! :beer: