Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEO

At MIZZOU to see Jake graduate with Honours with Sheryl Crow as the keynote speaker... :) man...these last 4 years have gone so quickly!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Penny Lane

Quote from: TEO on May 13, 2011, 03:28 PM
At MIZZOU to see Jake graduate with Honours with Sheryl Crow as the keynote speaker... :) man...these last 4 years have gone so quickly!

Nice! Congrats to your worldly philanthropic son. !  :) I'm sure he's got a great future ahead. You should be really proud.

PS-Do you still want me to cougar him?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TEO

He just said to sext him some full frontal pix...

TEO

Now he is checking out crazylove's FB pics of you...

TheBigChicken

4 years....felt like 4 minutes :o :oCongrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

johnnYYac

I wanted to share our family's good fortune, as my dad beat pancreatic cancer (2-5% survival rate), my mom beat breast cancer, and now comes my wife's uncle Rich, featured in the video below after reaching the 2-year survival point for an agressive brain cancer, Glioblastoma.  (Rich's wife, Toni, is one of my mother-in-law's 7 sisters; she also has two brothers!).

We'll be seeing him and the rest of Michele's massive family in the burbs of Chitown on Lollapalooza weekend.  Hope to see some of you then, too.

Faces of Cancer: Rich Stremp's Story
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capt. scotty

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 13, 2011, 07:08 PM
I wanted to share our family's good fortune, as my dad beat pancreatic cancer (2-5% survival rate), my mom beat breast cancer, and now comes my wife's uncle Rich, featured in the video below after reaching the 2-year survival point for an agressive brain cancer, Glioblastoma.  (Rich's wife, Toni, is one of my mother-in-law's 7 sisters; she also has two brothers!).

We'll be seeing him and the rest of Michele's massive family in the burbs of Chitown on Lollapalooza weekend.  Hope to see some of you then, too.

Faces of Cancer: Rich Stremp's Story

Nice Yac! My Grandma is also a brain cancer survivor, 13 years now! You uncle in law also seems like a pretty healthy guy overall as well, so just goes to show you once again, cancer doesnt discriminate or necessarily target unhealthy people. I really doubt they ever find a cure or something close to it, but hopefully they can continue finding ways to save people once diagnosed.

Also, Im sure Lollapalooza has nothing to do why the fam is going out there that weekend  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

lil sis

Booking my trip to Playa del Carmen next month.  Cannot wait to be laying on the beach sipping a margarita with my love.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

woodnymph

Holy criminy, sis!  That's AWESOME!!!  That will be a truuuuuly amazing time!   *high five!*

And congrats on such an amazingly healthy fam, JY!!  Such blessings!  :-D

I'd like to just throw my 2 shillings in about my special memory for the day, which I like to look back on and remember with joy  :)  I know I've mentioned it once or twice before but I'd only like to mention it on the board here since it's one of the reasons (out of the uncountable infinite amount) that I fell into MMJ bliss, upon listening..  Today is the birthday of my now lost friend who was my first best friend in this life.  She's on my mind often as it is, but today I especially kept her in my heart.  And I can't remember which was first, but both Dondante and Strangulation are two songs that I feel really just..... I don't know, connect my thoughts with her, in mysterious and magical ways... And the end of Strangulation has turned right into a smiling-and-crying event at least a handful of times, and often brings about hopeful and positive feelings from such a dark place. (cue T5 version...) The same can be said for Dondante, though it's quite a different intensity, feeling-wise.  And the board has brought so much joy, and the music has brought so much joy, and though I've felt like I've dealt with the loss in about as best a way as I can, there are just moments in the music that add a depth to things and a comfort to a place in my heart that always feels soothed by it.  She was a young girl, 'bout the age of 23.... and our memories together will always have a special place in my heart  :)

Also am extremely thankful to have met all of you kind folks that I have, and can't wait to see some familiar (and new) faces this summer!!!  8)

capt. scotty

Goin to my cousins wedding tomorrow. He's family, but he's also my boy and 1 of my best friends. First person in my generation of my family to get married. Should be fun, hopefully I'll get some pics!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjk73

Really, has it been 4 years already? Wow, soon I'll have to cough up car keys for someone .

mjk73

4 weeks from today I'll be in Philly, Gettysburg, and DC for holiday for 2 weeks.

youreveningcoat

I'm excited for the rugby world cup coming up in September
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

MarkW

Quote from: youreveningcoat on May 16, 2011, 01:03 AM

Are you going to any matches?  Should be a great tournament...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

woodnymph

If I can stick around Asheville long enough.............

http://www.fireflygathering.org/

Sounds like an absolutely amazing time of workshops on wild food foraging, alternative energy, medicinal plants, nature skills, stargazing, drum circles, storytelling, group fire pits, and so much more.......  :o

youreveningcoat

Quote from: MarkW on May 17, 2011, 09:47 AM
Quote from: youreveningcoat on May 16, 2011, 01:03 AM

Are you going to any matches?  Should be a great tournament...

Too expensive man, which is really crap because most of the people who can afford tickets aren't from NZ so It won't seem like a home game for the mighty All Blacks!
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

ophidiophobia

Only one week of school left and then I can start summer :thumbsup:

Taterbug

Congrats Teo,  I'm sure your one proud PAPA. 

My Daughter has 8th grade recognition( graduation ) in 2 weeks, I can't believe she will be a freshman ( Or feshmeat as she says ) in High School next year.   The next 4 years are going to pass in the blink of an eye,  It makes me   :'(  she is not my little girl anymore but  :) she is growing into such a wonderful and caring young lady.   Someday I might unlock her bedroom door and let her go out in the sunlite  ;)
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

TEO

Quote from: Taterbug on May 20, 2011, 02:44 PM

Congrats Teo,  I'm sure your one proud PAPA. 

My Daughter has 8th grade recognition( graduation ) in 2 weeks, I can't believe she will be a freshman ( Or feshmeat as she says ) in High School next year.   The next 4 years are going to pass in the blink of an eye,  It makes me   :'(  she is not my little girl anymore but  :) she is growing into such a wonderful and caring young lady.   Someday I might unlock her bedroom door and let her go out in the sunlite  ;)

SWEET! Our children help to define us as we age and try to figure out where we have been and where we are going...