Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeniebeenie

Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 02, 2011, 07:32 PM
Ms. WeenieBeenie, it sounds like the bird poop really DID bring good luck!  So it's not an old wise tale after all...... heh but that Neil pic sounds fantastic, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say it would be awesome if you could post a pic of it sometime!

And Hawk, that looks like one SMOOOOTH turntable!  Yeeooww!  Congrats congrats!!

And it looks like I'm mobile again!  Gave my 30 day notice at this current beautiful house, to hopefully join another friend or two at a much smaller, yet funner, place a couple miles down thee road.....  this house is gorgeous, and I could see myself staying here for years (and I don't say that often!  unless I'm on the beach or high on a mountain....) But the guy who lives here and oversees things and writes up the sublease contracts etc is, well, difficult.  He's got a good heart and good intentions aplenty, but if you guys happen to think I'm a health nut...... you ain't seen nothin' yet!  He's one radical dude.  One can only take so much raw vegan preaching in a day....  and god bless my other two roommates, cause he really lays into them about their lifestyles...

But anyway!  The new little cottage is only about 20 mins out of Asheville, with woods and a beautiful creek in the backyard, and down a little dirt road over a little bridge, and it's one of the cutest things ever.  The Universe seems to have pushed me right into this place, so I'm assuming our funds will work themselves out (it's kind of a lot required up-front) But this one's optimistic  :)

I also landed another part-time gig as a personal assistant yesterday, right off the Elk Mountain Scenic Highway (It's maybe a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway!)  And the lady seems really cool, and we're gonna give it a month trial period to see how we mesh!  But it seems good so far  8)

So thaz all for now, hope everyone's all good here, thanks for listenin!  :-*
woodnymph that cottage sounds so nice!
I'll defnitely post pics of the NY photo once I get it from the gallery (it's getting framed and whatnot at the moment).

How loud can silence get?

ALady

Good luck on the housing and job fronts, woody!  Both sound quite promising...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

And do post pics of the photo, weenie - so curious to see!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjk73

Quote from: ophidiophobia on Dec 02, 2011, 09:41 PM
Going to the OSU vs OU game tomorrow and MMJ Tuesday and Wednesday night. Pretty sure I didn't accomplish anything at work this week because my mind has been on these two events. I feel bad because I'm not completly consumed with Bedlam and at the same time I feel bad because I'm not completly consumed with MMJ. Overall this has the making of an epic week. Looking forward to all of it. Go Pokes and Go Jacket!
As much as it pains this live long Husker, go Pokes.

Hawkeye

I think I'm going with this preamp instead:

http://www.needledoctor.com/Bellari-VP130-Tube-Phono-Preamp

If anyone's got a better recommendation, let me know!   :dankk2:
We could.

woodnymph

Just found my headphones, missing for almost 2 months  :-X
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

headhunter

Quote from: Hawkeye on Dec 05, 2011, 11:13 AM

I know that one and it is a really good one.  The only other one to consider (imo) at that price point is a used Lehman Black Cube.  Bellari is a nice brand.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Hawkeye

Quote from: headhunter on Dec 08, 2011, 08:48 AM
Quote from: Hawkeye on Dec 05, 2011, 11:13 AM

I know that one and it is a really good one.  The only other one to consider (imo) at that price point is a used Lehman Black Cube.  Bellari is a nice brand.

Yeah I've been reading almost all good things about the VP130...sounds like it's hard to beat in its price range.  I found it for only $155.  Got a tube upgrade for $23.  NOS Ei 12AX7 ECC83 tubes (pre-war) is the tube I got.  Can't wait to hear it.  Should be here tomorrow, both the preamp and the tube!   :D  I read about some underlying hum in this amp, but I think Bellari has addressed that in its newer units with a better power supply...I hope anyway.

Thanks for the input!
We could.

headhunter

you're welcome.  you may find the $23 for the tube upgrade to be some of the best $$ you ever spent.  better tubes on a pre-amp are like a better engine in a car.

YouAre_GivenToFly

I've got enough Southwest airlines points for a free roundtrip to Vegas, with enough left over to redeem for about $400 in Amazon gift cards.

Sounds like a trip to Southern Utah and a new guitar might be on the horizon for me!
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

woodnymph

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 08, 2011, 01:21 PM
I've got enough Southwest airlines points for a free roundtrip to Vegas, with enough left over to redeem for about $400 in Amazon gift cards.

Sounds like a trip to Southern Utah and a new guitar might be on the horizon for me!

Whoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa pullin' out all the stops!!!!

!!!   :thumbsup:

touchingmept2

Where to begin? Just witnessed possibly the best show from the Jacket this year! My better half is now assistant branch manager at the credit union where she works. I'm finally getting a decent vehicle! Enjoying the privilege of buying gifts for loved ones. Finding a used guitar pick from said show!!!  I'm so stoked!! A new Xmas record from the band that we admire so damn much. Having the opportunity to watch them soundcheck!!
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

Fully

Quote from: touchingmept2 on Dec 09, 2011, 02:13 AM
Where to begin? Just witnessed possibly the best show from the Jacket this year! My better half is now assistant branch manager at the credit union where she works. I'm finally getting a decent vehicle! Enjoying the privilege of buying gifts for loved ones. Finding a used guitar pick from said show!!!  I'm so stoked!! A new Xmas record from the band that we admire so damn much. Having the opportunity to watch them soundcheck!!
Sounds like life is treating you awfully good there! Enjoy the highs! :thumbsup:

Jon T.

Just negotiated the remaining balance of my hospital bill.  Owed $5200 and they settled for $2550!  Anyone with hospital bills don't be afraid to call up the billing dept and make an offer.

woodnymph

Quote from: Jon T. on Dec 09, 2011, 11:15 AM
Just negotiated the remaining balance of my hospital bill.  Owed $5200 and they settled for $2550!  Anyone with hospital bills don't be afraid to call up the billing dept and make an offer.
Congrats!! Great to keep that in mind!!

My current joy is my friend visiting from Pitt today til Sunday for the Xmas Jam!!  And a beautiful forecast, to boot!   8)  And the snow on the mountains.......... mmmm... makes me break out the Fleet Foxes again  :)

e_wind

Listening to this Dallas recording right now, studying (kinda) for my last final of the semester in a couple hours. I get to have a fun, stress free weekend, then off to NYC to see everyone! Very joyous over here
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 09, 2011, 11:50 AM
Listening to this Dallas recording right now, studying (kinda) for my last final of the semester in a couple hours. I get to have a fun, stress free weekend, then off to NYC to see everyone! Very joyous over here

I'll tell you what listening to that Dallas recording is making having to supervise my homeroom who are really stirred up right now rather joyful. That is such an amazing recording and setlist, plus the band was just on fire that night. Good luck on your final too. I look forward to meeting you soon next week.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Dec 09, 2011, 12:10 PM

I'll tell you what listening to that Dallas recording is making having to supervise my homeroom who are really stirred up right now rather joyful. That is such an amazing recording and setlist, plus the band was just on fire that night. Good luck on your final too. I look forward to meeting you soon next week.
I'm playing this show during my planning block and have the download link on my board.  I've been telling students to check this one out for a good taste of live MMJ.  Funny, too, that I've had dozens of people come to tell me about the free track from MMJ on iTunes.  I'm well past that but appreciate they think of me! 

See you all next week!!!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 09, 2011, 12:32 PM

I'm playing this show during my planning block and have the download link on my board.  I've been telling students to check this one out for a good taste of live MMJ.  Funny, too, that I've had dozens of people come to tell me about the free track from MMJ on iTunes.  I'm well past that but appreciate they think of me! 

See you all next week!!!

i know this isnt the appropriate place, but this recording is one of the best fan recordings ever! awesome set, great quality, and the band isn't holding back! quite awesome.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 09, 2011, 12:40 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 09, 2011, 12:32 PM

See you all next week!!!

i know this isnt the appropriate place, but this recording is one of the best fan recordings ever! awesome set, great quality, and the band isn't holding back! quite awesome.

Well...if that isn't a current joy, I don't know what is.

headhunter

agreed- this recording is awesome.

oh, and my current joy is that i just got a call from my local indie record store telling me that my copies of Friends Again just came in and I can come on down anytime to pick them up. (copies is because i ordered a few extra for some forum peeps-you know who you are)

The holidays come early this year.    :)