Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Tink TANK

aMD,. it's not all bullshit, believe it or not...

they did mri scans when people listen to mozart, james brown and eminem -- when you listen to eminem, your brain power for "words" is sparked higher... when you listen to james brown, you get a lot of visual and melody "brain power"... and hwen you listen to mozart, the majority of your brain power is being used, thus makng you open to more ideas...
i dont' know if that makes much sense... I'm incredibly inarticulate right now... but I'd just like ta say that it's not 100% BS. maybe just 90%...
it depends on yr definiation of "smarter", i guess.

anyway,
whatever.

love,
capt tink tank

The DARK

QuoteaMD,. it's not all bullshit, believe it or not...

they did mri scans when people listen to mozart, james brown and eminem -- when you listen to eminem, your brain power for "words" is sparked higher... when you listen to james brown, you get a lot of visual and melody "brain power"... and hwen you listen to mozart, the majority of your brain power is being used, thus makng you open to more ideas...
i dont' know if that makes much sense... I'm incredibly inarticulate right now... but I'd just like ta say that it's not 100% BS. maybe just 90%...
it depends on yr definiation of "smarter", i guess.

anyway,
whatever.

love,
capt tink tank
Depends. What kind of "words" do you mean? I seriously doubt listening to Eminem makes you any smarter.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Capt Tink TANK

no, your awareness.
you're listening for words
you're thinking about the words
you're not listening for melody
or depth
or anything.
just what he's saying.

The DARK

I can only hope they're not thinking about the words! ;)

Capt Tink TANK

anyway, congrats BH.

.Walt

ok check this out...

so my roommate is in flordia playing baseball for college. before he took off there was snow on the ground. and he parked his car. nothing wrong with that, right? but he didn't parked it in his assigned spot, cause he wanted to be near the door cause he had to load and unload shit. (most people don't park in their assigned spot) so it got warm and the snow melted, and i noticed it was parked in a handicap spot. there isn't any sign, just painted on the pavement. i found his spare keys, and moved his car to the place i work at. so when he comes home, he's going to freak.  i'm going to sit and watch him call every towing place in town.  while telling him how much he has to pay for all this.

parking ticket            300
towing fee                   75
daily fee for impound  
at 30 bucks a day       180
insurance rates go up  ???
and he owes me 115 and i'm going to be a huge dick and tell him he has to pay me right now.

this should be good.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

jeffro79

girl scout cookies....especially thin mints which have been in the freezer
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

The DARK

Quotegirl scout cookies....especially thin mints which have been in the freezer
I love Thin Mints...Samoas are my favorite though :)

Half-day today! YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

mjkoehler

QuoteNolan

a healthy bouncy sleepy baby boy (and future jacket fanatic)

3-12-07   8:44 pm

:)

Excellent! Congrats! Boys are so much fun to raise IMO. I never wanted kids but have 2 and would do anything for my little hellions.

colleen

QuoteI quit my job.  I have no real plan.  I just quit, although I did give the proper notice.  I am sick of hating my job and not wanting to get up in the morning.  SO, I made a decision.  Other people may not agree, but it is a JOY!!!  I feel so relieved.  So free.  I will figure it out and get a job that doesn't suck my will to live.  
Good for you!!!

Some people spend years moaning about their job and not doing anything about it.

I know some people are very limited in their options but if you can change what you don't like I think you should.

Good on yer!

Congratulations. Sometimes you just gotta trust your gut.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

megisnotreal

time to run the quarterfinals of the sweet 16 tourney.

my girls play at 1:30 today.

GET PUMPED!!!

look at how badass these ladies are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b2gCZTpSyU

she made that shot with, like, three seconds left in a tied game.

megisnotreal

QuoteThis site is awesome:

http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/pages/mostpopular.html

yes.

yes it is. i am reading the "overheard at the beach" page right now, and this made me laugh so hard i cried.

Just When You Were Sure Those Laguna Beach Kids Were Actors...

Girl: We need to date boys who are smart and rich. Our boyfriends are stupid and poor and don't even have the same wireless provider as us.

--Laguna Beach, California

bethofftherecord

QuoteI quit my job.  I have no real plan.  I just quit, although I did give the proper notice.  I am sick of hating my job and not wanting to get up in the morning.  SO, I made a decision.  Other people may not agree, but it is a JOY!!!  I feel so relieved.  So free.  I will figure it out and get a job that doesn't suck my will to live.  
Good for you!!!

Some people spend years moaning about their job and not doing anything about it.

I know some people are very limited in their options but if you can change what you don't like I think you should.

Good on yer!

Congratulations. Sometimes you just gotta trust your gut.

So, I have had three job interviews this week already - 2 second interviews next week, one offer, and another interview tomorrow!  I am so glad I am getting out of this dead end bull crap!

I honestly want to take a job at a coffee shop and just have some fun.  The last 10 years, I have always worked 40+ hours at "professional" jobs.  And for what?  money?  no.  feeling good? no.  Because I felt like I should.  I think I finally got over trying to make other people happy by having a job that pays decent or uses my degree.  What if I don't want to do that? What if I just want to hang out and get by for a while and not be so freaking stressed out all the time?  I think this may be the beginning of the best summer yet!
nothing can be changed except ourselves

mjkoehler

Beth- I'm envious of you. Wish I could just walk off this motha some days and never look back.

My current joy. Large pan of Strawberry/Peach/Rhubarb Cobbler waiting for me when I came home. Again, people question/wonder why I run and work out so much. It's not to feel better and to look great. It's so I can eat this schtuff on a regular basis ::)

Kel

life is not worth living if you are miserable in anything, especially a job.  you spend a majority of your time at your job.

i used to work in insurance and i hated it.  i left and now i have a great job working for big brothers big sisters.  i love it.  day to day drama sometimes, but my job is quite fulfilling.

.Walt

Quoteok check this out...

so my roommate is in flordia playing baseball for college. before he took off there was snow on the ground. and he parked his car. nothing wrong with that, right? but he didn't parked it in his assigned spot, cause he wanted to be near the door cause he had to load and unload shit. (most people don't park in their assigned spot) so it got warm and the snow melted, and i noticed it was parked in a handicap spot. there isn't any sign, just painted on the pavement. i found his spare keys, and moved his car to the place i work at. so when he comes home, he's going to freak.  i'm going to sit and watch him call every towing place in town.  while telling him how much he has to pay for all this.

parking ticket            300
towing fee                   75
daily fee for impound  
at 30 bucks a day       180
insurance rates go up  ???
and he owes me 115 and i'm going to be a huge dick and tell him he has to pay me right now.

this should be good.

just a little fallow up on this, he came home. i wish you all could have seen him. he called every tow place, and he was just about to call the cops and report it stolen. until i told what happened, first words were "you mother fuckers". it was funny as hell....priceless
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

lyricjunkie

;D I like wicked.
THAT was funny.  
Talk less....
Say more.

Elizanne33

So I've been feeling kind of old lately. Especially since I've been called ma'am almost every time I go to a store or restaurant. Ma'am to me sounds like old hag. Anyway I went to a club last night and the guy at the door didn't believe I was over 21. He kept looking at my I.D. and bending it back and forth. That made my day.

megisnotreal

i cleaned my house, and it looks great.

i cooked dinner, and it was delicious.

thursday is now only three days away. :D