Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colleen

QuoteSo I've been feeling kind of old lately. Especially since I've been called ma'am almost every time I go to a store or restaurant. Ma'am to me sounds like old hag. Anyway I went to a club last night and the guy at the door didn't believe I was over 21. He kept looking at my I.D. and bending it back and forth. That made my day.

Yeah, I hate being called ma'am, although depending on where you are it's used out of respect rather than referring to age. I had a really long stretch where it seemed everyone was calling me ma'am finally broken by a grocery store clerk who called me miss. I nearly grabbed him and kissed him. In Italy, when you look like you're no longer in the signorina category (miss), you are called signora, which is the word for a married woman. It makes no difference whether or not you are actually married and it's an indirect way of making you feel like soon-to-be spinster. That makes me angrier than ma'am.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

BH

Ya know, this thread is still winning 32 to 29. :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

colleen

I just woke up from a really great nap. Nothing better than a good nap. Just in time to go to bed for the night. I love sleep.

The DARK

QuoteYa know, this thread is still winning 32 to 29. :)
And this thread was started later! :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

whothrewthecake

10 WEEKS UNTIL SUMMER VACAY SUCKAS

megisnotreal

thursday is almost here.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :o :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D

sweet.

i watched mr. show for the first time in a month.

i found a dollar in my other purse.

it is also storming all up in the 42141, which makes it easier for me to go to sleep.

jeffro79

I found a great copy of the Who's Who's Next for a buck and I also found a copy of Okonokos including Acoustic Chorale for a little over $20 with shipping. So if anyone would like a copy of Okonokos for nothing get at me, I'm looking to spread some good karma. I already have and have gifted it to all my friends that would be at all interested in it.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

ManNamedTruth

i feel better now so i'm going to bed :D
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

EAZYE

I just booked a vacation for seven days in Costa Rica for the first week of June 8-)

I'm so fucking pumped ;D
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

jeffro79

I've been saying "boss" as a descriptive word all day. Pretty enjoyable.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

colleen

I got a really good review of my work by a visiting critic yesterday. That means I will graduate sooner rather than later and can move away!  Now the question is where.  Maybe Philadelphia? Recommendations are welcome. Thanks for the good vibes when I complained about my prospects as they seemed darker last week.

BH

QuoteI got a really good review of my work by a visiting critic yesterday. That means I will graduate sooner rather than later and can move away!  Now the question is where.  Maybe Philadelphia? Recommendations are welcome. Thanks for the good vibes when I complained about my prospects as they seemed darker last week.

San Francisco
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

i am in love.

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

red

Quotei am in love.

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

mjkoehler

Quotei am in love.

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Honestly, I'm jealous of you 2. That just starting out, you are so into each other, and can't stand being away from each other feeling it great.

megisnotreal

i pretty much feel like this. it's nice.  [smiley=happy.gif]

SMc55

Quotei am in love.

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
Me too. Nice, isn't it?

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteI got a really good review of my work by a visiting critic yesterday. That means I will graduate sooner rather than later and can move away!  Now the question is where.  Maybe Philadelphia? Recommendations are welcome. Thanks for the good vibes when I complained about my prospects as they seemed darker last week.

Louisville, KY
good clean fun
cheap to live here
lotsa jobs
lotsa people-oids like you
home of MMJ
home of the Louisville Slugger
home of Churchill Downs
bourbon
whatnot
great, great food everywhere
yeah man!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

colleen

Louisville, KY
good clean fun
cheap to live here
lotsa jobs
lotsa people-oids like you
home of MMJ
home of the Louisville Slugger
home of Churchill Downs
bourbon
whatnot
great, great food everywhere
yeah man!

You make a great case for it, John (or should I call you Vince)!  Although I love San Francisco, it's way too expensive for me at this point. I loved Louisville when I stopped there on the way to Bonnaroo. It seemed like there was a lot of visual art energy happening there. That new hotel was amazing. Can't remember the name but it had both a permanent and rotating contemporary visual art collection. I knew quite a few of the artists in the then current exhibition and there was some pretty edgy stuff there. Not what you think of when you imagine hotel "art." It's good to know the cost of living is low, too, as my dream is really to open a collaborative printmaking studio/teaching space. I wouldn't want to seem like an MMJ stalker moving there, though!

TEO

Spring Break is 1 day away!   :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary