the hockey thread

Started by true, Oct 26, 2006, 12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

Go Pens! Jaimoe, I think you'll eventually be sold on Malkin, 7 goals in his 6 first games! Incredible shit.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Jaimoe

QuoteGo Pens! Jaimoe, I think you'll eventually be sold on Malkin, 7 goals in his 6 first games! Incredible shit.

I'm too damed "Old Time Hockey" and Canadian to jump up and cheer for a European (especially a Russian) unless they play a style of hockey I like. Strictly finesse players don't normally do it for me, especially big finesse players like Jagr and Zetterberg. You gotta have some sandpaper in your game to get my attention. Malkin pissed me off last year at the World Junior Championships, so he has a way to go to get into my good books.

rugbird

QuoteI'm talking about guys that are cancers lacking any kind of character. Havlat is that player.

I still dont care...I need goals.

red

Wow, did my Caps just hand it to the best team in the East or what?  

Ovechkin's hit on Briere really pissed me off.  Briere's one of my favourite players in the league, and that was just an extremely cheap shot.

Jaimoe

It was a cheap hit on Briere. One thing that is good news is that Briere is a tough little guy that can fight his own battles. Keep your head up Ovechkin the next time you play the Sabres.

Jellyfish

Canes are hanging in there in 2nd place.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Jaimoe

QuoteCanes are hanging in there in 2nd place.

Cole is playing great. He's the best American born player in the game right now. Staal is rounding into form and Brind'Amour is kicking ass. Talk about late career productivity.

rugbird

Hawks revitalized!  3-0 since Savard took over from dorkwad Yawney.  Including wins over Dallas and Nashville.

I know you're anti-Havlat Jaimoe but thats like telling some 21 year old who just got laid for the first time, that his girlfriends a slut.  How could he care?  Shes coming back this week.

Jaimoe

True, I hate Havlat, but Hawks fans should start getting used to the talented coward going on the IR for long stretches. He's not worth the big dollars since he'll never finish a full season - see Marion Gaborik.

red

Wow, my Capitals really impressed me tonight.  Semin's goal gave me goosebumps.

.Walt

Not an NHL fan to much, i guess the wild are my team.  but I love college hockey (cause i can actually say their names) the Gophers baby. the "duke" of college hockey and we're  looking for another championship under our belts
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

joey_rogo

QuoteNot an NHL fan to much, i guess the wild are my team.  but I love college hockey (cause i can actually say their names) the Gophers baby. the "duke" of college hockey and we're  looking for another championship under our belts

Hey Capn, college hockey fan here too. Clarkson is my team. We're having a good year, trying to turn the North Country back into the beast it used to be. I dont think we could touch the Gophers, but look for us to make some noise this year.

.Walt

jOey_rOgO

best of luck for the regular season, we'll see you in the frozen four.

we haven't had this good of a team in minnesota since the Mighty Ducks. Charlie Conway, goldberg, and banks
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jaimoe

Hey to my American hockey friends. Have any of you seen one of the best sports movies of all time: Slap Shot? Paul Newman was tremendous and the movie is still fucking funny as hell. Seek it out if you haven't seen it. The film is really accurate to the time: 1970's minor league hockey and the bleak outlook for most of the players' careers.

Reggie Dunlop (Paul Newman): I am personally placing a hundred-dollar bounty on the head of Tim McCracken. He's the head coach and chief punk on that Syracuse team.

Jim Carr (interviewer): A bounty?

Reggie Dunlop: Yeah, a hundred bucks of my own money for the first of my guys who really nails that creep.

joey_rogo

Slap Shot is amazing. Been meaning to get myself a Chiefs jersey for the longest time.

rugbird

Love the Slap Shot, and Ralphie's mom topless.

Jaimoe, 5 pts. for Havlat already.  Dont want no cure for that cancer.  Hawks = playoffs?

red

Can anyone touch the Flames at home?  I'm glad to see that my favourite Canadian team is playing really well.  

Jaimoe

QuoteCan anyone touch the Flames at home?  I'm glad to see that my favourite Canadian team is playing really well.  

And they have the meanest defense in the league - and they're even better than Anaheim's D.

red

There's no player in the league that I respect more than Iggy.

red

My Caps are 7-1-1 in their last 9.  Big division game tomorrow night.