Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

which i can't wait.

i love baseball, love it. unlike football, i do have a team. The Minnesota Twins baby. baseball is my favorite sport. something about being in Minnesota, when the snow melting and its a very warm 43 degrees during the day, it just feels and smells like baseball. until next week when its -19

just wondering if any of you baseball fans want to be in a fantasy baseball league? I'll set it up. if theres enough interest, but draft shouldn't be for a couple more weeks. anybody in?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

ratsprayer

i don't like baseball.

go reds!

.Walt

QuoteCount me in.

oh you're in...you're in like fore8-)

Angry Ewok

I haven't watched baseball in years... I sort of dropped out of things after Toronto crushed my dreams of the Atlanta Braves winning the World Series back in the mid-90's. The baseball strike sort of pushed me away further, too.

Due to the nature of my job, though, I'll be tuning in again, though, this year. I'll still be pulling for the Atlanta Braves... I just hope I recognize some of the players.

*tomahawk chop*

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

[size=24]Don't forget the team that everyone is trying to live up to this year!   ;)[/size]

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-local/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1159751516/25
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

I got love for St. Louis...

As long as it isn't the Red Sox or the Yankees.

BH

As long as it isn't the Red Sox or the Yankees.

A BIG DITTO ON THAT.  The Red Sox look like an all star team this year.  They are going to be tought to beat.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

CrmnlWhoNvrBrksLaw

I gotta give love to Cubs nation.  Here's to hoping that Pinella and the millions of dollars spent in the off season can turn around the team with the worst record in the national league last year! GO CUBS!!!

BH

[size=16]C[/size]ompletely
[size=16]U[/size]seless
[size=16]B[/size]y
[size=16]S[/size]eptember

CrmnlWhoNvrBrksLaw

A typical reply from a St. Louis fan.  Gotta love those healthy rivalries!  Would it help if I said that my second favorite team in the central is the Brewers.  No need to reply to that!  ;D  

sweatboard

QuoteA typical reply from a St. Louis fan.  Gotta love those healthy rivalries!  Would it help if I said that my second favorite team in the central is the Brewers.  No need to reply to that!  ;D  

they do have that highly awesome sausage race.

There's Still Time.........

BH

QuoteA typical reply from a St. Louis fan.  Gotta love those healthy rivalries!  Would it help if I said that my second favorite team in the central is the Brewers.  No need to reply to that!  ;D  

It really is a great rivalry.  For the most part, it's all in good fun.  No real hateful stuff.  I love going to Wrigly although it's been several years.  The only real problem with the rivalry, is that to be a true rival, both teams are supposed to win every now and then and your baby bears aren't keeping up your end of the deal.   ;)

Angry Ewok

.Walt

brewers are my NL team. i've been to more brewer games than twins games. every year my buddies and i go to the twins vs brewers in milwaukee. tailgating can it get any better?

and i'm sick of NL fans calling the AL the "cheater league".

CrmnlWhoNvrBrksLaw

Agreed.  I live in Milwaukee and you're right.  There is nothing better than tailgating.  I'd have to say that because of it I end up half stumbling in during or after the third inning at about half of the games that I go to at Miller Park.  Good call!

aMD

I'm in.

Go reds!

The reds have spent the most money this off season which is good news because it shows that the organization is in it to win it this year.  The bad news is I think they overpaid a lot of chumps, unfortunately.

mjkoehler

QuoteWho are the Cubs?

Exactly! Go CARDS. I will be loving life shortly. I work 2 blocks from Busch Stadium. The smell of grilled meats, BEER, the sound of screaming fans, free tickets that are always floating around at work. GOD I LOVE BASEBALL SEASON!!!

red

We all know it's the year of the Blue Jay.

BH

QuoteWe all know it's the year of the Blue Jay.

NO it's not.  It's the year of the blue gay.