Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

ESPN failed to cover the Nick Adenhart story during the day. They were too busy having it off with Tiger Woods to care. Fucking a-holes.

capt. scotty

QuoteESPN failed to cover the Nick Adenhart story during the day. They were too busy having it off with Tiger Woods to care. Fucking a-holes.

Actually, no. Whenever I woke up around 1130AM (hey, its my day off, gimme a break  ;D) I put on First Take and it was breaking news at that point and they had like a 5 minute conversation with the girl who was reporting the story for them. The Angels organization had said nothing at that point.

I had Sportscenter on a little later and it was always in their lead for the Breaking News segments each hour. I actually saw a clip that I guess was the Angels official public announcement thing, and his agent was Scott Boras, and he IMO sincerely looked in despair. At one point he talked about how Adenhart told his parents to come to LA for the game because he thought something special was going to happen. They ended up coming. As a parent, I couldnt even imagine seeing my son throw 6 shutout innings in basically his first Major League start, only to find out a few hours later he died in an accident. Almost unbelievable.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Vadie Stark

RIP Nick Adenhart 1986-2009

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

.Walt

Just ordered MLB extra innings. Baseball 24/7 pretty much. Loving that big time!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

Vadie Stark

Leontheslut

Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Leontheslut

Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Leontheslut

Vadie Stark

.Walt

RIP Harry.

Loved his voice. Football, and baseball. Sorry for your loss Philadelphia.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

How about Nick Swisher being NYY best pitcher yesterday going 1 IP with a K and no runs given up  ;D

I wonder if you get credit for that in fantasy baseball
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

RIP Harry.

Loved his voice. Football, and baseball. Sorry for your loss Philadelphia.

Same here.  I loved his contributions to NFL Films, so it's not just Philly's loss.  
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Vadie Stark

Sometimes bad things happen :'( but there's still joy in Mudville :)

Vadie Stark

Red Sox@A's tonght

tomorrow [smiley=beer.gif] bbill where are you? you going?

capt. scotty

Weird how these things come in 3's. Nick Adenhart, Harry Kalas, and then Mark Fidrych. Never heard of him before but apparently he was the hottest thing going during his rookie year in 1976, posting 19 wins, lead the MLB with a 2.34 ERA, AL leader with 24 complete games, a 1.079 WHIP, and 4 shutouts and was 2nd in Cy Young Award. The following year though, he tore cartilage in his knee but once he came back he only pitched 10 more games before his career was over. It wasnt until 1985 that he found out he had a torn rotator cuff and that was why he couldnt throw like he used to.

Crazy.

Vadie Stark

More on the Bird
Fidrych talks to the mound during a May 1977 game against the Seattle Mariners. It was one of Fidrych's many charming eccentricities. Sports Illustrated/Getty Images

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103104810

Vadie Stark

A's 6-5 in 12 last night  ;)
One more today @12:35 pdt

Cats-Beavs@10:35 pdt  2 down 2 to go  [smiley=beer.gif]

Happy Jackie Robinson Day Today [smiley=beer.gif]
http://www.jackierobinson.com/

Laid Low

I am a huge Detroit Tigers fan so the passing of "The Bird" was truly a sad day for the city of Detroit and the baseball family.
its not a head full of pills or amphetamines

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...