Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Just saw some interviews of McLouth and the rest of the team. McLouth was real shook up and sad, and looked on the brink of crying the few segments they showed. At 1 point, he said, "as hard as it is to say, I hope the guys around here look at this and feel like they have a better chance of winning now" and I thought he was going to start to cry. He cut his hair apparently too. Cant say Ive ever seen someone so distraught after getting traded, especially from an organization and team as bad as the Pirates. Im a bigger fan of the guy now after seeing how he felt about it.

As for the rest of the team, they all looked shocked, angered, and questioned the move. Last year the rest of the team didnt seem to have a problem with Bay and Nady being traded and it was kind of expected, but they looked pissed off that the organization just traded away our best player and leader of the team. For a few prospects who probably wont pan out either.

At least this year, Im done with the Pirates. I might go to a game or 2 because its fun for more than just the game, but Ive probably watched 80% of their games on TV this year and will not watch 1 more game on TV. Fuck this organization.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Vadie Stark

A's 3 in a row w/ ChiSox   3-1 in series Vinny started it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Vadie Stark

Big Unit records 300 [smiley=beer.gif]

capt. scotty

QuoteBig Unit records 300 [smiley=beer.gif]

He's on my fantasy team!  :)

So is Nate McLouth  :'(
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Vadie Stark

29 runs scored in Salt Lake tonight  :D

capt. scotty

Vadie Stark

Vadie Stark

Phils take the field in LA In the bottom of the 9th w/ 2-1 lead [smiley=beer.gif]

Vadie Stark

Furcal ties it sorry Leon :(

capt. scotty

QuoteFurcal ties it sorry Leon :(

and gave Brad Lidge a blown save and big ERA  >:(

Vadie Stark

I just heard the HP umpire tell Kemp on a called strike 3

" I ain't fuckin' kidding you"   ;D

Vadie Stark

Walk off home run  Dodgers Ethier >:(

capt. scotty

QuoteWalk off home run  Dodgers Ethier >:(

He wasnt on my fantasy bench like I thought he was either. Woohoo!

.Walt

But he almost should be. I have Ethier benched on 2 of my teams, the only two I have him on. Headdy, you liking fantasy baseball? I like it the best.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jaimoe

Roy Halladay just pitched his 2nd complete game in a row. Today he shut-out KC. Roy's 10-1, with three CGs so far this season, which is a little low for him.

.Walt

QuoteRoy Halladay just pitched his 2nd complete game in a row. Today he shut-out KC. Roy's 10-1, with three CGs so far this season, which is a little low for him.

Halladay is the best pitcher in the game. I watched his last start against the Angels. In the 7th inning he had a pitch count over 100 and just gave up 4 runs. But he still threw a complete game, and did awesome in the 8th and 9th. He's pretty much the only "old-school" pitcher left. I know our announcer (Bert Blyleven) [size=12]loves [/size]him. Probably because they both pitched to finish the game.

capt. scotty

But he almost should be. I have Ethier benched on 2 of my teams, the only two I have him on. Headdy, you liking fantasy baseball? I like it the best.

Yeah, he's been on my bench for the last few weeks, but I benched Vernon Wells on friday because Greinke was pitching and didnt have a chance to change it back yesterday.

Yeah, I like it, but I dont follow baseball close enough to draft a very good team. Football is probably my favorite just because I care about it the most and follow the entire league pretty closely, and Id say 90% of my teams make the playoffs. I did hockey the first time this year and liked that a lot.

.Walt

I've done two teams of hockey for the past three years. I get 3rd or higher. Has more to do with people quitting their team half through the season, than me being a hockey guru. It's probably my least favorite out of the 5 I play. Can't read any of the names, and can't remember how to pronounce it after hearing it. Football pisses me off the most, that's for sure. It's just so lucky. I can see how chicks do good in it. I'm really liking fantasy golf, now that I'm in a group with people I know. I never really got the point of fantasy golf until this year. I always just went through the motions.

1)Baseball
2)Football
3)Basketball
4)Golf
5)Hockey

.Walt

Looks like we may have a new best mustache...

Clay Zavada

Leontheslut

Brad Lidge has been pitching like a dickhead. In his defense, the save he blew the night before was Feliz's fault. If he fields that ground ball the game was over. Lidge still did put on three himself.

They just need to score more runs.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.