Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadie Stark

It was dog day at the park yesterday.
Here's what happened.

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

TheBigChicken

The Rays relief pitching is TERRIBLE... >:(
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Leontheslut

QuoteThe Rays relief pitching is TERRIBLE... >:(
yeah, i'd like to thank them again for help the Phils win the WS last year.  ;)
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Vadie Stark

June 8, 1950 > In maybe the most lopsided game in Major League history, the Boston Red Sox pound the St. Louis Browns, 29-4. Bobby Doerr leads the Boston attack with three home runs and eight RBIs, and he is backed by two home runs apiece from Walt Dropo and Ted Williams. Altogether, the Red Sox collect 28 hits and a record 58 total bases in the blowout.

Vadie Stark

and in the minors

Tuesday, June 08, 1909

San Francisco Seals starter Clarence "Cack" Henley held the Oakland Oaks scoreless for 24 innings, scattering nine hits and one walk en route to a marathon complete-game victory. Oaks starter Jimmy Wiggs matched Henley for 23 frames before Nick Williams knocked in the game's lone run with a single in the top of the 24th.

Sunday, June 08, 1975

Lee Mazzilli became the first player in California League
history to steal seven bases in a ballgame. The Visalia Oaks outfielder swiped second base three times and third base four times during the seven-inning contest. The record was matched two years later by Modesto A's outfielder Rickey Henderson in a nine-inning game.

Tuesday, June 08, 1982

Dodgers prospect Sid Fernandez pitched his second nine-inning no-hitter of the year for Vero Beach of the Florida State League. The 19-year-old left-hander went 8-1 with a 1.91 ERA in 12 starts for Vero Beach that season before finishing the year with Triple-A Albuquerque.

Saturday, June 08, 1996

First baseman Derrek Lee homered in his sixth consecutive game for Double-A Memphis. Lee finished the season with 34 homers in 134 games for the Chicks.

Vadie Stark

QuoteWalk off home run  Dodgers Ethier >:(

He wasnt on my fantasy bench like I thought he was either. Woohoo!

capt. Crosby   :P

capt. scotty

I guess I lied, I watched the Succos game tonight since they were strangely going against McLouth less than a week after he was traded.
Im still bitter about that trade, not only because I liked McLouth, but mostly because I dont feel we got anythine near good value in return.

That said, damn....Andrew McCutchen is fun to watch. He's batting .400 after 5 games with a hit in 4 of the 5 games, and 5 runs and 5 RBIs. He went 4 for 7 tonight with a double and 2 triples. He looks like fuckin Usain Bolt when he's baserunning and I dont think more than a handful of players in MLB couldve ran out a triple on at least his first one. He makes Nyjer Morgan look slow.

So my question for you fantasy ballers is is he worth picking up? I think he's a pick up immediately in leagues that have 2B's and 3B's as stat categories, but Im not sure how valuable he would be in standard 5 offensive category formats (FWIW, his last AB he hit one dead center and McLouth caught it on the warning track, so maybe he has more power than I thought).
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Vadie Stark

Gio threw a great game last night. Barton recalled to A's and Buck on rehab.  Henry Rodriguez throwing 99 mph last night WOW!
Cat's avoid extra innings with a walkoff single by Larry Cobb.  :D

Tomorrow's stars today at your MILB park :)

and yesterday's too   8-)

Leontheslut

Brad Lidge went to the DL after blowing his 6th save the other night.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

.Walt

ETB, we having a avatar wager on the series? I realize you're up 1 on me, but I don't care, I have faith!

I just got my A's hat yesterday, and got harassed by some chick at work. So, on my lunch break I switched to my Twins hat. I came back and said...do I look better now? She said that she wanted to give me a hug. I wonder what would've happened if I had season tickets? It doesn't really matter, because any chick that can put up with baseball is cool in my eyes. It means, she'll do [size=16]other [/size][size=16]things [/size]that she probably wouldn't want to do.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Vadie Stark

QuoteETB, we having a avatar wager on the series? I realize you're up 1 on me, but I don't care, I have faith!

I just got my A's hat yesterday, and got harassed by some chick at work. So, on my lunch break I switched to my Twins hat. I came back and said...do I look better now? She said that she wanted to give me a hug. I wonder what would've happened if I had season tickets? It doesn't really matter, because any chick that can put up with baseball is cool in my eyes. It means, she'll do [size=16]other [/size][size=16]things [/size]that she probably wouldn't want to do.

Do I have to fly A's avatar if A's win?  ;D

Vadie Stark

Cat's need tonight to win series.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Day off tomorrow, then Nick Lachey's Rainiers come to town for four. [smiley=beer.gif]

Leontheslut

QuoteBrad Lidge went to the DL after blowing his 6th save the other night.
And they have reported that he hurt his knee during the WS celebration!  :o

Vadie Stark

Leon had a beer waiting for you last night [smiley=beer.gif]
You could have meet Rene Lachemann. Rene was Dodgers bat boy from 1958-63 and drafted in 1965 by KC A's 8-)
Sky Sox batting coach now has 2 brothers in MLB

Leontheslut

I sure hope you didn't let it go to waste!

Vadie Stark

QuoteI sure hope you didn't let it go to waste!

Not on Tecate Tuesday. But this foul ball took one guy's beer out when it hit the patio where the bar is.  :D

Vadie Stark

Walt are we even? I think Twins tied the series. Didn't see game just score. I'll read box later ;)

capt. scotty

Hopefully minor league beers arent $7.50  :o
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MickeyReds

QuoteHopefully minor league beers arent $7.50  :o
They are.... >:(
As long as you keep a straight face...

capt. scotty

QuoteHopefully minor league beers arent $7.50  :o
They are.... >:(

Those look like 12 oz's and not even 16 oz's too.

PNC Park sucks, but at least you can get Dogfishead 60 Min IPA's for $8. A great discovery by myself last year as they only sell them in one concession stand.