Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteI'm not hating on Cubs just looking at results and upcoming games.
For sure that dollar wont be in the card if Twins sweep .... hope for a split ;)

Twins won today. Hopefully since Christmas is before my birthday things will cool off between us. I want the sweep!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Vadie Stark

QuoteI'm not hating on Cubs just looking at results and upcoming games.
For sure that dollar wont be in the card if Twins sweep .... hope for a split ;)

Twins won today. Hopefully since Christmas is before my birthday things will cool off between us. I want the sweep!
;D I would too.
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Vadie Stark

Walts you got 2  :) in Chicago.  You watch any college world series? Good ball games . Aluminum bats you hear the clink ---Virginia just tied it at 3 with a HR

Vadie Stark

Cat's finish 8 game home stand today.
A's need one in the City to avoid the sweep
Nice triple by Jack Hannahan yesterday :)

Vadie Stark

RC 5 of 8 in home stand, SL Bees on Thursday.Use to watch the Bees play when I was a kid. This series is the perfect way to end the week
Thurs-Sun like a Fillmore run.
Hoped the big club could have pick one up in the City. I really wished they never had started inter-league play...... great marketing.... I liked the old way.

Leontheslut

Nothing worse then when you hit the bad part of an aluminum bat.

That shit stings.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

.Walt

QuoteWalts you got 2  :) in Chicago.  You watch any college world series? Good ball games . Aluminum bats you hear the clink ---Virginia just tied it at 3 with a HR

Not big on college baseball, but my brother and my roommates played D2 baseball at Minnesota State. My bro actually lives in Omaha, but I sure he won't go to any of it.

aMillionDreams

Just got back from the Bats game.  They lost, but it was a good time.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

QuoteJust got back from the Bats game.  They lost, but it was a good time.

What class of minor league are they in? I assume they're a Reds affiliate? Looks like things are getting interesting in our other fantasy league. I thought about offering you a trade in the Jacket league, but it was too blockbuster.  

aMillionDreams

What class of minor league are they in? I assume they're a Reds affiliate? Looks like things are getting interesting in our other fantasy league. I thought about offering you a trade in the Jacket league, but it was too blockbuster.  

They are the Reds AAA affiliate.  Both leagues are real tight, especially in our other league. I don't understand why I can't win a single batting category in either league, but I obviously need a new strategy. You've piqued my interest.  What trade were you thinking of?

.Walt

They are the Reds AAA affiliate.  Both leagues are real tight, especially in our other league. I don't understand why I can't win a single batting category in either league, but I obviously need a new strategy. You've piqued my interest.  What trade were you thinking of?

Did you go with the same strategy in both leagues? I know in our league you're strong in closers. I'm thinking about doing that next year. I can't remember the exact trade, but your boy Joe Mauer was involved. I figured it would've flied.

aMillionDreams

Did you go with the same strategy in both leagues? I know in our league you're strong in closers. I'm thinking about doing that next year. I can't remember the exact trade, but your boy Joe Mauer was involved. I figured it would've flied.

Yeah, I basically used the same strategy in both leagues, which I thought was: load up on bats early, get two or three good relievers, and steal some good pitchers late.  Stealing the pitchers worked out, but I guess I don't know a good bat when I see one.

aMillionDreams

QuoteReds analyst Jeff Brantley, the former big-league reliever during yesterday's Reds-Brewers contest....

"When so much is focused in sports this day and age and the illegitimacy of records, and the negativity of all things that are going on, Albert Pujols is one man that stands above the rest.  Not only as a player, but also as a humanitarian, and probably more importantly than anything else, as a supportive father of his children and his wife."

BH, I am watching the Reds game and they were talking about Sammy Sosa testing positive in '03 and Jeff Brantley said, "That's a shocker!"  NOT sarcastically either.  Really?! A shocker? Really?

I thought you might like that.  ;)

capt. scotty

Yer Twins are goin dahn Walts....Fear the Buccos
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

QuoteYer Twins are goin dahn Walts....Fear the Buccos

Mauer, 4-4 right now [size=14]and [/size]he turned on a single. I was listening to the radio, and I think they mentioned a "dome" double. Fucking right, gotta love dome field advantage... [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

capt. scotty

QuoteYer Twins are goin dahn Walts....Fear the Buccos

Mauer, 4-4 right now [size=14]and [/size]he turned on a single. I was listening to the radio, and I think they mentioned a "dome" double. Fucking right, gotta love dome field advantage... [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

Were still going to win the series. We like to come from behind.

And after seeing Mauer's first hit that wouldnt have been a hit if the field was natural grass, I have a feeling his AVG is inflated because of the turf field  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TheBigChicken

hey Philly thanks for Pat Burrell...pat the bat...whatever
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

capt. scotty

Andrew McCutchen is the truth Walt!! 9 game hit streak I think?! After 11 games, he was tied with Clemente for most pirate hits in their first 11 games with 16 for most all time. I think he has 19-20 hits now, batting .334 or something. Nate who?

Series game tonight, hopefully we win

.Walt

QuoteAndrew McCutchen is the truth Walt!! 9 game hit streak I think?! After 11 games, he was tied with Clemente for most pirate hits in their first 11 games with 16 for most all time. I think he has 19-20 hits now, batting .334 or something. Nate who?

Series game tonight, hopefully we win

Twins win! Got to listen to the radio today at work, and another "Dome Double", but really a triple! McCuthen is fucking good, no doubt about it. I'm sure like all rookies he'll cool off, but it's fun to watch. Really wanted to go to the Twins vs Astros game on Sunday, but it's fathers day. I have a few Astros on all my fantasy teams, so it would've been fun to see.

Wanna buy a Clemente rookie card?  ;)

mjkoehler

I heart Sir Albert. OMFG that grand slam took off like a rocket.