Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eweezy

I wish I joined earlier cause I would mostly be in.  I'm already in two leagues, now.  Go Marlins!!! yeah I'm one of the 500 or so people at the games down here in South Florida.  Hanley Ramirez and Josh Johnson are two of the best young players in the game but they play down here so not much pub for them.
Yikes!

capt. scotty

Id say Hanley gets plenty of pub. Maybe not as much as say 10-15 other star pitchers and position players, but close.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

walterfredo

QuoteThe lady I were in Chicago last week and caught the Cubs. vs. White Sox at Wrigley....just wanted to say how fucking awesome it is going to games at Wrigley.  The game last thursday absolutely kicked ass.  The crowd was off the charts, and seeing the whole Cubs vs. White Sox fans intensity was just awesome.  When the cubs came back to tie in the bottom of the 8the the place exploded....I've never seen that level on intensity at a regular season baseball game, then the debauchery that followed in Wrigleyville was a blast...raged it hard at the Full Schilling post game with a bunch of friends.  People were doing some serious sport-drinking.  So much fun!

I'm sure you posted it before, but is one of the Chicago teams, your team? It didn't sound like it. I think that would be the best, more of a observer of the madness type of thing. Sounds like you had a great time!

I'm a Giants fan, but have always had a place in my heart for the Cubs....for some reason our cable tv always got WGN, so as a child I would watch tons of Cubs games during the summer back in the days of Harry Carey.  It was awesome being part of it from the outside.  

.Walt

Was able to catch some Northern League baseball. Pretty cool, young college players from all over the country. Our team (Mankato Moondogs) has something called the "Dogpound". 22 dollars buys you a ticket into the game, all you can eat, two free beers (after the 2, they're still only a buck), and great time. The Dogpound used to be all you can drink, ahhh the good old days. But we came back in the bottom of the 9th, and benches were cleared, but no fights. That would have just made my night a little bit better.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

Went to the Pirates/Royals game yesterday for mostly no reason but to see Zach Greinke pitch. Bought 4$ upper deck tix but ended up standing directly behind the plate in the aisle behind the lower level the whole game. Dude has some WICKED stuff. He was still consistently hitting 94-96 with his fastball even in the 7th inning, and made some batters look retarded on some curveballs they swung and missed at. Buccos actually did good, got 6 hits off him I think and 2 runs which maybe we wouldnt have gotten if it wasnt for rain falling all of a sudden in the 7th, but Royals won 3-2 and Greinke got the W. Its nice when you go to a Bucco game and get what you wanted though - a great performance by Greinke (or at least by the standards I usually watch). I think he only threw 66 pitches thru 6 1/3 innings.  :o

...Duke threw a solid game again tonight but didnt get his 9th win. With McLouth gone and McCutchen only playing for a month+, I expect Zach Duke to be our all star.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

I saw a Charleston Riverdogs game when I was in SC.  They have a great ballpark with a great atmosphere and awesome food.  I came so close to catching two foul balls but it didn't happen.  The Riverdogs have a relief pitcher who is a switch pitcher, he throws left and right.  Pretty wild to watch. He'll be indispensable if he can get his stuff up to par.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

Buccos trade Nyjer Morgan and Sean Burnett for Lastings Milledge and Joel Hanrahan.

This might be the first trade Ive liked by the Pirates since, well, forever.

And we actually didnt get just prospects back in return!!!  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Eweezy

Don't forget about the two prospects from the Yankees you got for Eric Hinske.  
Yikes!

capt. scotty

QuoteDon't forget about the two prospects from the Yankees you got for Eric Hinske.  

Yeah, two more bums who wont make it to the majors

mjkoehler

And Albert drives in the winning run today and it wasn't with the long ball. Is there anything he cannot do.

capt. scotty

QuoteAnd Albert drives in the winning run today and it wasn't with the long ball. Is there anything he cannot do.

play clean?

mjkoehler

QuoteAnd Albert drives in the winning run today and it wasn't with the long ball. Is there anything he cannot do.

play clean?
He's uber clean.

bearass

play clean?
awwww shit he didnt >:(

TheBigChicken

play clean?
he sure as hell makes you wonder...the only thing about Pujols is he has been consistently been a big guy physically year after year
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

capt. scotty

I almost spit out my drink when I just heard Jason Werth's walk to the batter's box song....Sex on Fire  ;D

capt. scotty

Matt Capps sucks donkey dick. 1st time the Phillies have won a game down 4 or more runs in the 9th inning since 1998. Guess who the opponent was 11 years ago? Yep, the Buccos.

Im throwing in the towel as a Pirates fan. I dont even know why I still watch their games, and Im sure I still will watch them, but I need to find a new team.

I hate to say it, but I actually like Philly's team. I dont dislike anybody, I like all their stars, and Victorino is probably one of my favorite players in the bigs. I dont think I could root for a Philly team though  ;D

Must. Look. Elsewhere.

.Walt

ETB, what the f happened last night? I went to bed with grandslams dancing in my head, only to find out we dumped that one. I'm starting to think that sleeping leads to losing.

St. Louis, nice work on the field for the All-Star game, it looked great!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

BH

St. Louis, nice work on the field for the All-Star game, it looked great!

That did look great didn't it?  They kept the arch on the field but got rid of the capital building.  I guess they will keep the arch all season.

Brewers, Cubs and Stros all 2 games back.  This is shaping up to be quite a race to the finish.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Eweezy

QuoteMatt Capps sucks donkey dick. 1st time the Phillies have won a game down 4 or more runs in the 9th inning since 1998. Guess who the opponent was 11 years ago? Yep, the Buccos.

Im throwing in the towel as a Pirates fan. I dont even know why I still watch their games, and Im sure I still will watch them, but I need to find a new team.

I hate to say it, but I actually like Philly's team. I dont dislike anybody, I like all their stars, and Victorino is probably one of my favorite players in the bigs. I dont think I could root for a Philly team though  ;D

Must. Look. Elsewhere.

Hey my man, you are welcome to hate the Philles with us down in Florida, The Marlins can use as many fans as we can get.  We got some stars u know Hanley, Josh Johnson, and believe it or not I think Cody Ross is a damn good centerfielder who doesn't get enogh credit, he's got a great glove and not a bad bat, either.  GO FISH!!!
Yikes!

searchinbig

Yanks in first.  Must enjoy it for a day at least!  [smiley=beer.gif]

Okay all Yankee haters have at it!!!!!!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."