Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

As if I need another reason to hate the Red Sox and Youkilis in particular.

Breakin' one of the cardinal unwritten rules...

DROP YOUR HELMET AND BAT BEFORE CHARGING THE MOUND DOUCHE!

Would have been funny if Porcello retaliated by throwing the rosin bag at Youkilis
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteAs if I need another reason to hate the Red Sox and Youkilis in particular.

Breakin' one of the cardinal unwritten rules...

DROP YOUR HELMET AND BAT BEFORE CHARGING THE MOUND DOUCHE!

Would have been funny if Porcello retaliated by throwing the rosin bag at Youkilis

Im sure I'll see this tomorrow, but I think Youkilis is badass.

Of course, I hate the Yanks more than anything, so that means I kind of liek the Sox, but I think Youk is old school. Probably my favorite Sox player besides J-Bay.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

I like Youkilis too.  He went to Uof Cincy and Sycamore High in Cincy before.  The Reds had a chance to draft him and well... yeah.  He went in the eighth round!  I'm still pissed about that.  One of the best amateur players to play in Cincy since Junior and we can't gamble a 7th round pick! Anyway, sorry for the tangent.

Just watched the video.  I don't think Youk broke any unwritten rules.  He dropped the bat immediately and had his helmet off by the time he got to the mound.  The embarrassing thing for him is he let that scrawny rookie porcello reverse his take down and never threw a punch.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Ruckus

QuoteI like Youkilis too.  He went to Uof Cincy and Sycamore High in Cincy before.  The Reds had a chance to draft him and well... yeah.  He went in the eighth round!  I'm still pissed about that.  One of the best amateur players to play in Cincy since Junior and we can't gamble a 7th round pick! Anyway, sorry for the tangent.

Just watched the video.  I don't think Youk broke any unwritten rules.  He dropped the bat immediately and had his helmet off by the time he got to the mound.  The embarrassing thing for him is he let that scrawny rookie porcello reverse his take down and never threw a punch.

WHAT?!

You drop the helmet early so you don't have a missile or added protection.  He THREW the helmet at Porcello.

aMillionDreams

Not the classiest move, I admit.  But I don't know he angered the baseball gods all that much.  I've seen plenty of pitchers toss their glove at charging batters.  I don't think youkillis was trying to knock him out with the helmet.

Also wanted to make the point that this was not a "brawl" as they are talking about it on TV.  I didn't see one punch thrown, that's not even a fight, that's just a bunch of peacocking.

Ruckus

QuoteNot the classiest move, I admit.  But I don't know he angered the baseball gods all that much.  I've seen plenty of pitchers toss their glove at charging batters.  I don't think youkillis was trying to knock him out with the helmet.

Also wanted to make the point that this was not a "brawl" as they are talking about it on TV.  I didn't see one punch thrown, that's not even a fight, that's just a bunch of peacocking.

Well, you are right as to the number of pitchers that have thrown their gloves.  I think they are all named Pedro Martinez ;D ;D ;D

Ya gotta love ESPN's per usual mandrama coverage.  My buddy was laughing at how Kruk and EY were breaking down the little scuffle like a boxing match.

I'm grateful for Porcello's reversal because he didn't start off so well by cowering backwards and begging Yook not to kick his ass ;D

This reminds me of a classic game I saw on TV in Japan in the 80's.  Of course over there, no one intentionally beans batters (becoming somewhat more prevalent I guess) and no one charges the mound.

Well a Japanese pitcher (probably like 5 ft. 9, 160 lbs) beans an huge American slugger and the name escapes me.  He never made it in the majors.  Dude charges the mound and the pitcher bails for centerfield.  Batter chased back and forth in the outfield til he ran out of gas.  He had no chance of catching the pitcher. ;D ;D ;D

Guess you had to see it but you get the idea.

Eweezy

Yeah, a real bad ass Youk is ;).  Throws his helmet at the kid and basically got thrown down by a skinny 20 year old rookie.  It might be the frustration still for having to play left field.
Yikes!

aMillionDreams

I was just looking up stats for HBP and found this blog you all might get a kick out of:

http://www.plunkeveryone.com/2009/06/mlb-standings-in-games-with-hbp.html

rugbird

BH - your Cardinals are making me puke.  Just like the Cub.  Barfing twice a day...haha.

BH

BH - your Cardinals are making me puke.  Just like the Cub.  Barfing twice a day...haha.

;D  It's just the way of the baseball world.  There's no fighting it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

capt. scotty

my Phillies/Cardinals prediction is looking pretty locked in so far.

i'd still take Philly, but its close. another great game by Pineiro last night.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ophidiophobia

Quotemy Phillies/Cardinals prediction is looking pretty locked in so far.

i'd still take Philly, but its close. another great game by Pineiro last night.

I think I'd take the Cards but I agree that these 2 teams are by far the most complete teams in the NL.

mjkoehler

Oh Albert, how we love thee. Of the 3 games this weekend, he drives in the winning run in in 2 of the 3 games including a MASSIVE walk off Friday night. I love that you really cannot walk him anymore because Holliday is there to rip 3 run dingers like Saturday.

.Walt

Twins could have used Harden. Mauer's gone for sure...
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

.Walt

NOPE :-[

"There's always next year"

Isn't that what the Cubs fans say?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

So I worked at a grocery store over the summer, and we had a special guest signing autographs. This is what I got for mine.

Unless you watch Eastbound & Down, you probably wont think its funny, but I couldnt quit cracking up that entire day just thinking about it.

Ruckus

QuoteSo I worked at a grocery store over the summer, and we had a special guest signing autographs. This is what I got for mine.

Unless you watch Eastbound & Down, you probably wont think its funny, but I couldnt quit cracking up that entire day just thinking about it.

You can scan ohlendorf but not you?

capt. scotty

QuoteSo I worked at a grocery store over the summer, and we had a special guest signing autographs. This is what I got for mine.

You can scan ohlendorf but not you?

;D

Im at school, no pics here. Im going home this weekend, ill see what I can do