Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAZYE

How sick was Hernandez for Seattle against Dice K and Boston last night.
Man that kid is sick.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Jaimoe

The Jays just beat the Tigers in 2-1 in 10 innings. Halladay pitched a CG 10 inning 1 run gem. Bonderman was excellent too: 9 innings and one run. You won't get a better pitching duel all year.

.Walt

going to see the Twins play the Royals in KC this weekend. chalk another win for the Twins!!! i love kauffman stadium, and the hotel before the games serves cocktails...for free!!!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

rugbird

Got invited by my wifes co. to a roof top Wrigley fest vs. the Cardinals saturday.

Time to get these standings in order.

The umps hosed the Cubs in Atlanta last night!

.Walt

QuoteGot invited by my wifes co. to a roof top Wrigley fest vs. the Cardinals saturday.

Time to get these standings in order.

The umps hosed the Cubs in Atlanta last night!

now thats fucking awesome!!!

i'm going to play my roommate in homerun derby after he gets done with practice. we play with tennis balls, and bat from second base. i usually win, even though he still plays baseball for college, and i was a pitcher. i like to remind him that....often!!

Angry Ewok

I thought it was really cool of the Atlanta Braves to let that amateur league team play on their field.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

rugbird

QuoteI thought it was really cool of the Atlanta Braves to let that amateur league team play on their field

Nice of them to not score last night, too.

BH

QuoteI thought it was really cool of the Atlanta Braves to let that amateur league team play on their field

Nice of them to not score last night, too.

A big weekend for our bet rugbird!   I am not feeling so good about it these days......
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

peanut butter puddin surprise

sweet no hitter the other day by the White Sox...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Taterbug

Quotesweet no hitter the other day by the White Sox...

Great game,  I hope they can keep it rollin tonite in the motor city.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

rugbird

QuoteA big weekend for our bet rugbird!   I am not feeling so good about it these days.....

Series 1 goes to the Cardinals.  Great vibe out there saturday, though the rooftops suck for game watching.  Saw some cards fans filling beer bongs behind the bleachers.  Gotta love em.

Cubs still looking for winning lineup.

BH

QuoteA big weekend for our bet rugbird!   I am not feeling so good about it these days.....

Series 1 goes to the Cardinals.  Great vibe out there saturday, though the rooftops suck for game watching.  Saw some cards fans filling beer bongs behind the bleachers.  Gotta love em.

Cubs still looking for winning lineup.

Pie sure looks like quite a talent.  I heard they are going to move Soriano to Left and keep Pie in center.  Is this true?   Will Soriano's ego allow for this?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

rugbird

I think Soriano is willing to move, though he asked not to be originally, but he knows Pie is way better in center.

Love Pie but he still looks overmatched against leftys.  Not sure whats gonna happen, we have Pie and 4 left fielders.  I think we tried to trade J. Jones but nobody wants him, then theres Murton who half the fans love half hate.  I dont like either.   I believe you need power from left and right, especially at Wrigley.

We'll see soon, I think Piniella wants to call up Angel Guzman to give us 12 pitchers, since our relievers have been overworked lateley.

I like this team way better than last years, but we're still doing dumb things, like Friday.

BH

but we're still doing dumb things

I'm starting to think that's part of the Cubs overall team strategy.  ;)

.Walt

well the twins game i went to in KC, sucked. we lost!! that means i'm 1-1 on the year. 0-1 on the road, 1-0 at home. i don't think i'll be making it to the brewers/twins series in brew-city. which is a downer, because its been a tradition of mine and my buds.

twins lost again :-/

red

Two big wins against the Red Sox.  I don't know what we're going to do with B.J. Ryan on the 60 day DL.

.Walt

QuoteTwo big wins against the Red Sox.  I don't know what we're going to do with B.J. Ryan on the 60 day DL.

he's on the 60 day DL? i thought was only out 3-4 weeks?

red

He was on the 15-day, that got changed Sunday to the the 60.  :-/

.Walt

QuoteHe was on the 15-day, that got changed Sunday to the the 60.  :-/

thats good for me!! in my fantasy league. someone dropped him, and i was pissed that i didn't pick him up, but now i'm not so mad!!

to bad for the jays though and their fans. who's going to be the closer now?

Angry Ewok

[timestamp=1177503421]

2007 Major League Standings
MLB            W      L      
NY Mets      13      6      
Atlanta            13      7
LA Dodgers      13      7      
Milwaukee      13      7            
Boston            12      7      
San Diego      12      8
Cleveland      10      7