Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Hey Dave, what's the word on Motte?  Will he be back this season?  I guess you cant throw it 98 from your ear forever. Our bullpen is going to get us in trouble.  
There's Still Time.........

BH

QuoteHey Dave, what's the word on Motte?  Will he be back this season?  I guess you cant throw it 98 from your ear forever. Our bullpen is going to get us in trouble.  

I was led to believe it's not too serious but the Cardinals are notorious for being a bit too optimistic.

Getting some real fireworks tonight!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

Wow, that was an interesting game to say the least.  I had to watch the game on the Reds network.  They have some real douche bags covering their games.  They tried to pin the whole thing on Yadi and Carpenter and said WE were acting like kids.  Go Cards and Stay classy Brandon Phillips!!  

.Walt

Taterbug...big series! Do we have a bet?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

What's the biggest thing you ever did done see?
Big Jilm

I mean, what's the biggest, biggest thing you ever did done see?
Big Jilm

Taterbug

QuoteTaterbug...big series! Do we have a bet?

Walts....just now saw your post. HUGE series.  I gotta say last nites game ( Thome walk off ) was one of the more exciting games I have watched all year.  How long before you think Span gets plunked for going in high on A.J. on that play at the plate ?   Ozzy loves to protect his players and doesn't fuck around... I wouldn't be suprised if Gavin Floyd puts him on his backside on the 1st pitch.   Great win for you guys.  It should be a real interesting series from here on out.  The funny thing after Thome hit his walk off,  I wasn't even upset. Thome is still one of my favorite players and one cool mofo.  You guys got a real solid team and it scares me. No wild card outta the ALC. If you don't win the division your goin home.

GO WHITE SOX

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

mjkoehler

Well today's game was just painful to be at. That's 3+ hours of my life I'm never gonna get back. Something/Someone needs to light a fire under the Card's asses and keep it lit.

Ruckus

What?  With the Cards, Reds, Twins, Chi Sox, and Rays all being in the hunt for all you forum members, I say patootie.  Hey ILikeBeer!  Let's spam up this thread with important baseball talk like the Cubs trading DLee. ;D

While Lee will be missed, we are finally going in the right direction.  I like that we can start young again with our own players.  It looks like Colvin and Castro might be for real.  Now if only there was a way to unload Soriano's and Zambrano's contracts. :-/
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

QuoteWhat?  With the Cards, Reds, Twins, Chi Sox, and Rays all being in the hunt for all you forum members, I say patootie.  Hey ILikeBeer!  Let's spam up this thread with important baseball talk like the Cubs trading DLee. ;D

While Lee will be missed, we are finally going in the right direction.  I like that we can start young again with our own players.  It looks like Colvin and Castro might be for real.  Now if only there was a way to unload Soriano's and Zambrano's contracts. :-/

I thought ILikeBeer was an Indians fan, but I did see the pictures of him in Cubs gear (really nice pics btw). When the Cubs make the playoffs it seems that everyone is a Cubs fan, and I hate that. They act like they've been through the years of struggling and disappointment. It's only the Cubs that get that type of reaction. If you're a Cubs fan they gotta be your #1 team. If you're a Yankees fan, you can't root for any other team. That's just my opinion.

Tater, lets just agree to not have a 163rd game this year.  ;)

Penny Lane

QuoteWhat?  With the Cards, Reds, Twins, Chi Sox, and Rays all being in the hunt for all you forum members, I say patootie.  Hey ILikeBeer!  Let's spam up this thread with important baseball talk like the Cubs trading DLee. ;D

I thought ILikeBeer was an Indians fan, but I did see the pictures of him in Cubs gear (really nice pics btw). When the Cubs make the playoffs it seems that everyone is a Cubs fan, and I hate that. They act like they've been through the years of struggling and disappointment. It's only the Cubs that get that type of reaction. If you're a Cubs fan they gotta be your #1 team. If you're a Yankees fan, you can't root for any other team. That's just my opinion.

another Tribe fan!?  :( ;) i thought he was Cubs, too..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

Either way, ILikeBeer will not have a team in the playoffs.

Jellyfish

Twins got back on track tonight after a whooping from Buehrle and the White sox last night.I don't want the 163 game either,Twins win the division uncontested.Go Twins!!!!
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

BH

Uhgg, Brian, mjk, what's goin' on with the mojo?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMillionDreams

Brandon Phillips got into their heads!   ;D

That series broke my heart but since then we've won 7 in a row and you all have lost 6 of 7.  I'll take it!  
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

QuoteTwins got back on track tonight after a whooping from Buehrle and the White sox last night.I don't want the 163 game either,Twins win the division uncontested.Go Twins!!!!

I really think this team is the best I've ever seen since I've been alive. The Twins don't have that lights out pitcher, but the lineup is rock hard. I just hope we don't play the Yankees first round. You like our chances Jelly? I'm thinking this could be our year!  8-)

sweatboard

QuoteUhgg, Brian, mjk, what's goin' on with the mojo?

I don't know but I hope they fire Big Mac as hitting coach after the season.  He totally jacked Brendan Ryan up.

mjkoehler

QuoteUhgg, Brian, mjk, what's goin' on with the mojo?

I don't know but I hope they fire Big Mac as hitting coach after the season.  He totally jacked Brendan Ryan up.
He totally jacked everyone up.

iLikeBeer

Well, it's been a while since I checked in on this thread and I see I have some defending to do.  ;D

Hey now.  I may have two teams I cheer for, but it's not like those two teams are exactly tearing it up when it comes to winning  World Series.   I mean, combined we're talking 164 years since either team has won it all. :D  It's not like one of my other favorite teams is the Yankees or the Red Sox.  Years of struggling are pretty much all I know when it comes to following the Cubs and the Indians!  I may have 2 favorite teams, but they are hardly what I would consider bandwagon material...  :-[

Just to let you know, I jumped on the Cubs bandwagon back in '84 when the Padres broke my heart.  I was 12 and having the Cubs on WGN back in the days before there were hundreds of channels available on cable is what helped me become a fan.

As for the tribe, they are my hometown team.  I've lived in NE Ohio since 8th grade (about the same time I became a Cubs fan).  I remember summers in high school where my friends and I would just drive up to Cleveland Stadium when there was nothing else to do but take in a Tribe game.  Nothing like seeing that 80,000 seat behemoth of a stadium with 4000-6000 fans in attendace!  Then came the glory years of the Jake in the 90's and going to a game becaues there was nothing better to do was no longer an option.   And now, unfortunately that option is back...  :P   ::)

Oh, and Ruckus.  I too like the Lee trade.  He was a great Cub, but I think his best years were definitely behind him.  He will be missed but I do like the youth movement that seems to be happening.  I also agree with you about Soriano.  Quite possibly the worst aquisition Hendry ever made!   >:(  Too bad they can't just release him like in the NFL...  :-/

Ruckus

Ehh, no need to defend yourself.  I root for the O's and the Bears also.  I never understood the loyalty to one team for your whole life rule.  It's like it's the most sacred pact that you are forever bound to.  It's ridiculous.  I've lived in or around 4 major cities during my life.  Sociology 101 identifies sport as the great community galvanizer.  It makes anyone friends in their local community and is always a point of conversation.  I am a fan of sport and the comradery that it fosters amongst an otherwise divergent, non intersecting population is beautiful.  So to me, one shouldn't be ostracized for changing loyalties so long as you are a passionate fan of the sport.  I enjoy rooting with the community that I live in and and most associate with.  If that makes me a "bandwagon" boy and "fake" fan, so be it.  I'll take the everyday joy that it brings over the "I'm always gonna be only a Mets fan even though I've lived in Baltimore for 20 years guy"  who does not join in the fun or go to games because he would be betraying his/her loyalty to his "1" team.

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

iLikeBeer

Thanks for coming to my defense Ruckus!   ;)