Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteHe's growing the mullet for the kids though. I would agree with the mullet being worse, but it's about the kids ;D

Being the hockey guy I thought you were Walts, I thought you'd be all over the mullet!    ;)
I currently have a mullet.  I'm not sure I have the balls to post a pic here though.

Yeah, we need pictures! Maybe just post it in this thread. Since it seems like a sausage fest in here anyways, no ladies will be judging   ;)

You know me, I love Pat Kane, but I didn't like his mullet during the playoffs. I think hockey gets a bad rap, because of the 80's or something. I know most just grow their hair out and it looks like a mullet because it flows out the helmet.  Gotta love hockey hair! 8-)  

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

QuoteWe need a mullet pic.  ;D

I love watching my Reds these days! It'll be fun to watch Aroldis.  He throws straight fire!

I don't know how far we can make it some such a hodge podge of young talent but to be leading the division at this point is pretty awesome! I went ahead and bought nice seats for the last game of the year in case it's a big one.  That would be something to be watching a game that meant something in Cincinnati in October!  :)

I don't trust a radar gun that clocks a pitch 103 let alone 105. He'll need to pitch at that speed a handful of times at different ballparks before I believe that. Still throws heat though, don't get me wrong. I read something last year that it's humanly impossible to throw 105 or something. I'll try to find it, it was a pretty good read.

I was watching the Reds game last night. Your play-by-play guy has a hell of a laugh. Something tickled his fancy last night and his laugh was priceless. Reds are fun to watch, man. You guys are the feel good story of the year. I'd place them over the Padres. At least the Pads have been to the World Series in last 15 years. So I'm giving the feel good story to the Reds...only if they make the playoffs. I hope that game matters for you, but would you want it wrapped up by then? But the atmosphere would be electric!

iLikeBeer

QuoteI was watching the Reds game last night. Your play-by-play guy has a hell of a laugh. Something tickled his fancy last night and his laugh was priceless. Reds are fun to watch, man. You guys are the feel good story of the year. I'd place them over the Padres. At least the Pads have been to the World Series in last 15 years. So I'm giving the feel good story to the Reds...only if they make the playoffs. I hope that game matters for you, but would you want it wrapped up by then? But the atmosphere would be electric!

You mean the Yankees aren't the feel good story of the year?   :P   ;)  I kid, I kid!   ;D

I have to agree with you about the Reds though.  Nobody saw this coming and everyone has been waiting for them to wake up from this dream.  But they just keep winning.  I will be pulling for the Reds to hold off the Cards and make some post season noise!   :)

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

mjkoehler

Quote:'(

It's over.
Be lucky you don't live here. It's just awful right now.

BH

It's over.

Not over yet.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

It's over.

Not over yet.
I wish I had a Reds foam finger that I could wave around in this thread to all these silly Cards fans
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

mjkoehler

It's over.

Not over yet.
I wish, but they just look lackluster right now and I don't see things changing.

sweatboard

It's over.

Not over yet.
I wish, but they just look lackluster right now and I don't see things changing.

Yeah, you just can't have so many guys hitting .260 and below and expect to make the playoffs.  Wish we could have gotten Dan Ugla at the trade deadline.  Hopefuly Pujols can get the triple crown, of course that will make it even harder to sign him.....DAMN this sucks.  ;D  

sweatboard

It's over.

Not over yet.
I wish I had a Reds foam finger that I could wave around in this thread to all these silly Cards fans

I've got your foam finger!!!

BH

It's over.

Not over yet.

Yeah, you just can't have so many guys hitting .260 and below and expect to make the playoffs.  Wish we could have gotten Dan Ugla at the trade deadline.  Hopefuly Pujols can get the triple crown, of course that will make it even harder to sign him.....DAMN this sucks.  ;D  

The weird thing is, we are second in the NL in batting average and second in ERA.  Shouldn't that equate to a playoff birth?   I guess we are lacking in the ever important category of "clutch"  Not to mention, defense, which has always been a strength in the past.   Just a three or four game win streak puts us right into the wild card race but damn, this is frustrating.

Thanks goodness college football is starting soon.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

It's over.

Not over yet.

Ruckus

It's over.

Not over yet.

Nice foam finger.  Did you find your face on www.yourfunnystuff.com also?

Heyyooooooo! ::)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

Ba dum dum chiiiiihhhh!  

aMillionDreams

7 games up in the central! If SD loses tonight we'll be tied for best overall record in the league with ATL!

Chapman looked great in his debut tonight, going 1-2-3 in the 8th and hitting 103 on the gun.

Votto's 1st in AVG and RBI, 3rd in HR.

It's an exciting time to be a Reds fan. If they can hold onto these guys it could be an exciting next few years with all our young talent!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

Who would you rather see in the playoffs? Twins or White Sox?

Thank you every state other than Illinois. The people have spoken! 69% Twins to 31% White Sox.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=114&sCat=541

It won't let me post the poll, but it's under Top Polls of The Day...

.Walt

Nyjer Morgan!! I love that guy!

Jaimoe

QuoteWho would you rather see in the playoffs? Twins or White Sox?

Thank you every state other than Illinois. The people have spoken! 69% Twins to 31% White Sox.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=114&sCat=541

It won't let me post the poll, but it's under Top Polls of The Day...

Twins. Gotta love the small markets. Go Reds too. Look out next year for my Jays though.

aMillionDreams

QuoteNyjer Morgan!! I love that guy!

They threw at him twice! Totally justified.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Taterbug

QuoteNyjer Morgan!! I love that guy!

Really !!!!! He's kinda Douchey.  He got fuckin de-cleated after he missed with that haymaker.  He deserves everything he gets.  The contact he made with the catchers when there was NO play at the plate was bush league.  He needs a good ole fashion ass kickin.

GO WHITE SOX !!!! WATCH THE FUCK OUT TWINS HERE WE COME.

MANNY FOREVER BITCHES.   I don't know why I said that. I really don't like his act. As long he knocks the shit out of the ball. And helps us get into the playoffs.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe