Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyfish

QuoteCT,what are the locals saying bout Hunter's jab(not sure if it was a jab) at Mauer about not playing injured?

the sports talk radio station (KFAN), hasn't talked about it yet. i'm sure on monday its going to be talked. i did hear an interview with ron coomer, and he agreed with torii. but i think it was a jab, and torii was and is right. KFAN has brought this up before. I actually was telling people the same thing torii said. they got pissed at me, and told me to take my twins hat off. nobody is really 100% all the time. there is a difference between playing with pain, and being hurt. everyone thinks mauer "baby jesus" can just get a free pass.

what do you think about torii's comments?

Well,I don't know how Mauer is really feeling but I think Tori's comments would have been better served if he had said them in private to Joe and not to the media.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

.Walt

QuoteCT,what are the locals saying bout Hunter's jab(not sure if it was a jab) at Mauer about not playing injured?

the sports talk radio station (KFAN), hasn't talked about it yet. i'm sure on monday its going to be talked. i did hear an interview with ron coomer, and he agreed with torii. but i think it was a jab, and torii was and is right. KFAN has brought this up before. I actually was telling people the same thing torii said. they got pissed at me, and told me to take my twins hat off. nobody is really 100% all the time. there is a difference between playing with pain, and being hurt. everyone thinks mauer "baby jesus" can just get a free pass.

what do you think about torii's comments?

Well,I don't know how Mauer is really feeling but I think Tori's comments would have been better served if he had said them in private to Joe and not to the media.

yeah, thats definitely something that should have been handled "in-house".
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

Two of three against the Dodgers, great series for the Jays.  Very nearly a sweep.  Two singles for Doc yesterday!  ;D  My favorite Jay (John McDonald) played a great series.  Bring on the Giants.

Jellyfish

Twins going for the sweep against the Bravos tonight with Santana on the mound.

.Walt

QuoteTwins going for the sweep against the Bravos tonight with Santana on the mound.

yesss

red

Tripps, it's on tomorrow.  

Jellyfish

Santana looked awesome yesterday!   8-)

.Walt

QuoteSantana looked awesome yesterday!   8-)

i think he's back to being santana. his record could easily be 10-4. i was really impressed by mauer. two jacks  8-)

.Walt

QuoteTripps, it's on tomorrow.  

red, with halladay on the mound... i'm afraid that's going to be off.  

should be a good series. hopefully 3 outta 4 for the good guys!

red

Three of four, or bust for the good birds.  ;D

The Big Hurt's only one bomb away from 500, hopefully we can get our first four game streak of the year.

.Walt

QuoteThree of four, or bust for the good birds.  ;D

The Big Hurt's only one bomb away from 500, hopefully we can get our first four game streak of the year.

the big hurt historically does well at the metrodome. i predict: in the 4 inning, with one out, nobody on, frank thomas will go yard. but the twins still win.  8-)

red

Time shall tell!

I really hope my slow-pitch game tonight is rained out so I can watch this one.  I went 6/6 last game with two doubles and four singles.  I couldn't be stopped.  We overcame a 12 run defecit!

.Walt

QuoteTime shall tell!

I really hope my slow-pitch game tonight is rained out so I can watch this one.  I went 6/6 last game with two doubles and four singles.  I couldn't be stopped.  We overcame a 12 run defecit!

just a hitting machine. any predictions on tonight slowpitch game?  promise me two doubles.

red

8-)

As for slow pitch tonight, pretty shitty game.  I ripped one single right up the middle and that was it.  We lost.

.Walt

niiice... ended the jays streak, and evened the series!  8-)

Jaimoe

This Jays-Twinkies game tonight could get ugly for the starting pitchers.

red

QuoteThis Jays-Twinkies game tonight could get ugly for the starting pitchers.
Four errors and still a win, we got lucky.

[size=72]500!!![/size]

.Walt

i guess 2-2 isn't that bad. i guess we both win... :-/

i wanted 3!!

.Walt

good game tonight. mauer hitting homeruns is a great sign. he really have to good of a swing not to hit some bombs

.Walt

jelly did you watch the game? i guess its probably the only time you get to see the twins? baker pitched well.

did anyone else hear about the baseballs latest conspiracy with Bonds? he was trailing in voting by 100,000  entering today. it would be hard to make up for any player, even if the player is actually liked and loved by baseball fans.  unfortunately for Bonds, everyone outside San Francisco hates the guy and makes me wonder if something is going on... :-?