Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

red thanks for not rubbing the jays win over the twins in my face. it takes a big man not to do that.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jellyfish

I wish the Big Hurt would be traded to the National League!!!! >:(
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Jaimoe

QuoteI wish the Big Hurt would be traded to the National League!!!! >:(

Many Jays fans have wished the same until recently. He's still been a disapointment, but then again, so have the Jays and in particular stars Vernon Wells, B.J. Ryan (out for the year), A.J. Burnett (he's as soft as ice-cream) and Troy Glaus. In fairness, the team had an inoridinate amount of injuries to starting players like Roy Halladay, Glaus, Reed Johnson, Lyle Overbay, B.J. Ryan, A.J. Burnett and Gustavo Chacin.

red

Quotered thanks for not rubbing the jays win over the twins in my face. it takes a big man not to do that.
I can't let two in a row go... ;D  4 RBI's for Vernon and our 3rd shutout in 4 games!  

.Walt

Quotered thanks for not rubbing the jays win over the twins in my face. it takes a big man not to do that.
I can't let two in a row go... ;D  4 RBI's for Vernon and our 3rd shutout in 4 games!  

;D i figure you couldn't. i know i wouldn't have waited until the second game. man the twins cant hit worth a shit.

jelly i was watching the game the other day, and they interviewed terry ryan. basically what was said is that the twins are going for a bat. which is good news cause be need it. so we'll wait and see....

aMD

bud selig's job looks like easy street with Goodell and Stern in the hot seat right now.  I think the decision for him to go to see bonds is an easy one.  i hate bands as much as the next guy but don't pretend like no records mean anything anymore because some of the players were on steroids.  whose to say that half of the homerruns he hit weren't off pitchers who were also juicing, anyway?  it's a big mess but not as big as the mess the NBA is facing as if that were any consolation.

btw, the reds still suck, but i'm going to see them play the dodgers next week anyway.

red

.Walt

that had the be the ugliest series of the year.   :o :-[  :-/ :'(  >:( :-* :-*

god i wanted to be the one laughing and smiling and having fun.

red

11 runs in an inning, man that was awesome!

.Walt

Quote11 runs in an inning, man that was awesome!

you're freaking kidding right? 11 runs? was Boof pitching? (now i'm going to check, to see if you're telling the truth)

.Walt

Quote11 runs in an inning, man that was awesome!

you're freaking kidding right? 11 runs? was Boof pitching? (now i'm going to check, to see if you're telling the truth)

you're right. silvia was pitching. wow!

Jellyfish

And the Twins up and down season continues. :-[

Bonds story:
He has never been busted with any thing illegal.......and not to mention that Steriods have just been banned in the last few years..they can't go back any further than that.My personal opinion is that roids don't give you as much of an advantage as the media might lead you to believe.To hit the ball,you gotta see it....no roids that I know of give you better vision.

I am no Bonds fan but I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt until he flunks a p test or somefin.

.Walt

i see where you're coming from, but. steroids have been illegal in baseball, since i believe 1990, and they didn't beginning tested until recently. also bonds did admit to taking the "clear" in the game of shadows... unknowingly. (i know everything that goes into my body) people admitted that it leaked out, and nobody sued over it, bonds didn't.

i agree with see the ball, hit the ball. i believe pitchers were doing the same thing. but i believe bonds did it too. but there's nothing anyone can do about now, because its just to  late, and to bad for baseball.

knotcameloose

Cal and Tony getting in the Hall this weekend...at least we can think about two stand up guys for a few minutes.

Jellyfish

Quotei see where you're coming from, but. steroids have been illegal in baseball, since i believe 1990, and they didn't beginning tested until recently. also bonds did admit to taking the "clear" in the game of shadows... unknowingly. (i know everything that goes into my body) people admitted that it leaked out, and nobody sued over it, bonds didn't.

i agree with see the ball, hit the ball. i believe pitchers were doing the same thing. but i believe bonds did it too. but there's nothing anyone can do about now, because its just to  late, and to bad for baseball.

Well,I think MLB didn't get serious about the roid issue until 04,when they listed all the different types of substances that were banned along with the recreational drugs like coke and pot.Plus,they just added the HGH (Human Growth Hormone) to the list in the last year or so...a substance that is difficult to test for.

Either way we can't go back and take away HR's from someone unless we have concrete proof he was on the gas,and it would also have to be determined by a game by game basis and that would be damn near impossible.I can't see them taking anything away from players like HR records or any other records.....even if they get busted it would be hard to prove when and if they used in those games they hit HR's.

Either way,main thing on my mind these dayz is how are the Twins gonna get out of this whole we have dropped ourself in.Swept by Toronto,good grief!! We suck!!!

Jellyfish

QuoteCal and Tony getting in the Hall this weekend...at least we can think about two stand up guys for a few minutes.

No doubt 2 great players and role models for our youth!!! Cal may be my 2nd all time fav player next to Kirby!

Jaimoe

Hey Jellyfish, Toronto has an excellent pitching staff with season-long underachieving bats. Things are finally starting to gel for the Jays because, in part, they are getting back key starters into the lineup after lengthy injuries. Getting swept by a good team is nothing to be ashamed of, however getting swept by blow-outs is shameful for the Twins players.

Jellyfish

QuoteHey Jellyfish, Toronto has an excellent pitching staff with season-long underachieving bats. Things are finally starting to gel for the Jays because, in part, they are getting back key starters into the lineup after lengthy injuries. Getting swept by a good team is nothing to be ashamed of, however getting swept by blow-outs is shameful for the Twins players.

Your right and I meant no disrespect to the Jays. ;)

red

QuoteYour right and I meant no disrespect to the Jays. ;)
5 in a row, we're starting to bring the heat.  8-)

Jaimoe

QuoteYour right and I meant no disrespect to the Jays. ;)
5 in a row, we're starting to bring the heat.  8-)

Hang on Speedy. "We" will not make the playoffs. The Jays are too far back and haven't shown any consistency until this current run all season long. They have too may teams to jump over. I want them to make the playoffs more than any other team in pro sports, but it ain't happening this year. Of course, I'd love to be wrong...