Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteDo they still give away Twins tickets in  Mc donalds happy meals.  ;D

wow, uncalled for ;)
the season hasn't even started yet. ;D.....

but yes they still do. :-[
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMD

I'm coaching a little league team this summer.  I'm pretty excited!  I've got a star player with some character issues, which should be fun.  The real good news is that I'm returning my whole starting nine.  We were something like 4-7 last year, my goal is to have at least 8 wins.  A tournament win would be pretty cool too, but that's probably not going to happen.

Jaimoe

I pray to the baseball gods that Roy Halladay doesn't get injured and the Jays find a decent #4 and #5 starter. If Roy stays healthy, expect him to finish 1 or 2 in the Cy Young voting.

.Walt

QuoteI pray to the baseball gods that Roy Halladay doesn't get injured and the Jays find a decent #4 and #5 starter. If Roy stays healthy, expect him to finish 1 or 2 in the Cy Young voting.

how can he win the cy young with "johan cytana" in the AL

Jaimoe

QuoteI pray to the baseball gods that Roy Halladay doesn't get injured and the Jays find a decent #4 and #5 starter. If Roy stays healthy, expect him to finish 1 or 2 in the Cy Young voting.

He was #1 or #2 until he got injured late in the year last year. Santana and Halladay are the BEASTS in the AL.

.Walt

He was #1 or #2 until he got injured late in the year last year. Santana and Halladay are the BEASTS in the AL.

that's true............... BEASTS  8-)

Jaimoe

I like the Twins. I was cheering for them to win it all when the Jays didn't make the playoffs.

BH

I was actually just thinking about how high to rank these guys on my fantasy draft.  Studs.  Pitchers are hard to predict.  There are always some busts.

Question:  Does everyone in Canada call him WAH Holiday?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jaimoe

I was actually just thinking about how high to rank these guys on my fantasy draft.  Studs.  Pitchers are hard to predict.  There are always some busts.

I don't know what the "WAH" means, but no one calls him Holiday. Our accents are pretty phonetic, at least in Southern Ontario.

Jellyfish

Quotewhich i can't wait.

i love baseball, love it. unlike football, i do have a team. The Minnesota Twins baby. baseball is my favorite sport. something about being in Minnesota, when the snow melting and its a very warm 43 degrees during the day, it just feels and smells like baseball. until next week when its -19

just wondering if any of you baseball fans want to be in a fantasy baseball league? I'll set it up. if theres enough interest, but draft shouldn't be for a couple more weeks. anybody in?

Wow!!!...That's my fav team as well.Glad to know someone else supports the Twins on this board.I am glad we signed Joe Mauer to a contract last week.What's the word on our starting pitching?That's always a concern for me.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EAZYE

I don't know what the "WAH" means, but no one calls him Holiday. Our accents are pretty phonetic, at least in Southern Ontario.

I thought he was referring to the sound of Patrick Roy the hockey player and the name roy halladay :-?
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

.Walt

Quotewhich i can't wait.

i love baseball, love it. unlike football, i do have a team. The Minnesota Twins baby. baseball is my favorite sport. something about being in Minnesota, when the snow melting and its a very warm 43 degrees during the day, it just feels and smells like baseball. until next week when its -19

just wondering if any of you baseball fans want to be in a fantasy baseball league? I'll set it up. if theres enough interest, but draft shouldn't be for a couple more weeks. anybody in?

Wow!!!...That's my fav team as well.Glad to know someone else supports the Twins on this board.I am glad we signed Joe Mauer to a contract last week.What's the word on our starting pitching?That's always a concern for me.
i'm glad we signed mauer too. but the twins do have a history of busting a nut after one good year. (joe mays and eric milton) although i don't see it happening too mauer.

the pitching, lets just hope silva can get back to the way he was two years ago. garza and boof should be able to be productive, after getting some experience last year. i think next year when we get liriano back, with santana and garza and boof with more experience. we should be awesome. but this year in my eyes is still up in the air.

also jelly, if we make the playoffs this year, i'll send you a homer-hanky.

Jaimoe

I thought he was referring to the sound of Patrick Roy the hockey player and the name roy halladay :-?

That's just a French-Canadian thing. No one in Canada whether French or English pronounces the first name of Roy, WAH. And Derek Roy who plays for the Buffalo Sabres is English Canadian and his last name is pronounced like it's spelled.

BH

That's just a French-Canadian thing. No one in Canada whether French or English pronounces the first name of Roy, WAH. And Derek Roy who plays for the Buffalo Sabres is English Canadian and his last name is pronounced like it's spelled.

Once again, my lame attempt at humor has failed.  You would think I would give it up.  You would think.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jaimoe

No matter Hitchhiker, we all hate the Yankees and Red Sox.

BH

QuoteNo matter Hitchhiker, we all hate the Yankees and Red Sox.

Indeed! [smiley=beer.gif]

BH

red

I can't wait to see BJ Ryan throwing smoke again.

mjkoehler

Thanks for that. Man I cannot wait. You've seen where the office is. We have a great view from the Tower and opening day this place clears out like a ghost town. One of the few benifits of working in downtown.

Angry Ewok

You guys are gonna feel like idiots when the Atlanta Braves win the World Series.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.