Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

any chance we can get an avatar bet on the OU vs. Mizzou game?

No friggin' way!   Against the spread maybe.... ;)

Now if mj wants to bet on the Nebraska game.....
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

rugbird

QuoteAlright rugbird, let's get this over with.  Let me know what my new avatar is going to be.

Congradulations to your Cubbies.  Now you know, that this is just going to build you up for an even more dissapointing ending, right?  

Thanks BH we still might not make it.  Thank gods the Brewers are f'n up.

Our starter suck to much too go anywhere anyway.  Five guys on base every time you look up.

Sorry (a little) bout the Cards.  But I must say DUI, Death and Debilitation is no way to run a campaign. :)

ps Thanks for plunking Fielder, it messed em up.

MMJ_fanatic

OHHHHHH YEAH BOSOX CLINCH AL EAST DIVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EAZYE

any chance we can get an avatar bet on the OU vs. Mizzou game?

No friggin' way!   Against the spread maybe.... ;)

Now if mj wants to bet on the Nebraska game.....

that spread just got a little smaller today.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

rugbird

Ok BH here it is, (coulda been worse):

sorry its a thumbnail, couldn't get it to show.

[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]

.Walt

QuoteOk BH here it is, (coulda been worse):

sorry its a thumbnail, couldn't get it to show.

[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]

;D i like that....

i'm going for the Phillies now.  

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

hoping for phillies vs angels.

but does it matter, the champ will come outta the AL

Jaimoe

Quotehoping for phillies vs angels.

but does it matter, the champ will come outta the AL

I'm torn on this one due to Canadian content. I like the Phillies Pat Gillick (see Blue Jays glory years), but Jeff Francis is one of my favourite pitchers. I love that Howard kid however. No matter, as long as the Yanks and Red Sox lose.

.Walt

No matter, as long as the Yanks and Red Sox lose.

agreed  [smiley=beer.gif]

aMD

let's go diamondbacks and b-webb.  he makes his first career post-season start tonight!

.Walt

Quotelet's go diamondbacks and b-webb.  he makes his first career post-season start tonight!

i'm pulling for the d-backs in this series.

red

.Walt

QuoteLET'S GO TRIBE!  

is that your post season pick? or just cheering for them because they play the yankees? i do want the tribe to win, because they're from the central. but i'm getting that weird feeling about the yankees.

and how about the bo sox, that series is over.

red

I just hate the Yankees.  I've got no post-season pick, but if it boiled down to it I'd love for Angels to make a run.  Vlad baby!

.Walt

jesus, the phillies are freaking falling apart.  the fact that uncle charlie brought in Jose Mesa, just shows that they really don't even wanna win. fuck!

Jacket Fanatic

.Walt

i'm so glad that the cubs lost, and even happier that they got swept. my grandma who's 85 is a life-long and die-hard cubs fan. milwaukee is a little over an hour away from chicago. we would go to Wrigley Field cheer on the cubbies, and i loved the cubs. now that i'm older and actually "get it", i hate the cubs. EVERYONE loves the cubs (obviously NL Central teams and Sox fans don't ) and that's why i hate the cubs. whenever the cubs make the playoffs, here comes all the closet cub fans. its horrible. if the cubs win a world series, they wouldn't be the cubs. So i hold my glass up, and say "Cub fans, wait till next year"  [smiley=beer.gif]

although it would be nice if they won for my grandma, she deserves it!

aMD

b-webb's starting game one in the NLCS!  8-)

Jacket Fanatic

QuoteSo i hold my glass up, and say "Cub fans, wait till next year"  [smiley=beer.gif]

I'll drink to that one! It's sad but the Cubs got completely handled by the D-Backs. It's been 99 years, why not wait one more? In the meantime I'm wishing all the worst for the Yankees. ;D

mjkoehler

As bad as the Cards were this year and my Huskers are sucking ass, I take great joy in the fact the Cubs had their ass handed to them, so did the Phils, and please please please Cleveland beat the damn Yankees.