Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearass

ill go either way if you wanna set it up that's cool with me where do you usually play?

.Walt

i usually just play free leagues on yahoo, but i play on AOL for my football league. AOL is better and more fun with all the options. where do you play? i'm always willing to try something new, especially when its better.

whose your team??
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

bearass

i play on yahoo do you have to be an aol member to play there?

if you cut me the color of my blood is cardinal red

you?

.Walt

Quotei play on yahoo do you have to be an aol member to play there?
you?

no you don't have to be a member, which is a good thing, because i'm not paying for AOL.

i am a worried twins fan. i'm not sure which way the organization is going. i see you're from springfield, my brother went to school there. I really like that stadium you guys have down there. the bars are really cool. i enjoyed myself at pat & alleys and springfield brew co, to name a few. BUT i always loved going to Ebbets Field, that is a very cool place. you go there?

aMD

I'd kinda like to stick with yahoo because I'm familiar with it and I have a profile going and so one.  Plus I've never really cared for aol in general. but if you insist on aol i trust you.

so how does this work? are pitchers worth more than everyday players, vice versa, or is it pretty much even?  btw, daily updates  :o  good thing I have the summers off!

about the basketball league, you do have a ton of costly injuries.  I'm not looking forward to your guys getting healthy. I'm hoping to sew up a first round bye and hope to hell that somebody knocks you out of the playoffs before you get to me. good luck.

.Walt

QuoteI'd kinda like to stick with yahoo because I'm familiar with it and I have a profile going and so one.  Plus I've never really cared for aol in general. but if you insist on aol i trust you.

so how does this work? are pitchers worth more than everyday players, vice versa, or is it pretty much even?  btw, daily updates  :o  good thing I have the summers off!

about the basketball league, you do have a ton of costly injuries.  I'm not looking forward to your guys getting healthy. I'm hoping to sew up a first round bye and hope to hell that somebody knocks you out of the playoffs before you get to me. good luck.

we can stick with yahoo, i also have a profile that i like to use.  pitchers like my boy santana will be taken 1st round. pitchers are valuable. when i set up a league, i usually have the same amount of categories for batters and pitchers.

with daily updates, you can like in basketball work a head. you can go 4 days for pitchers. there's a carrot icon for the potential starter of that day. so its not that bad.

Fantasy B-ball, i'm hoping i can make some ground up this week. you're playing my brother. so hopefully i can weasel my way back into second place.  good luck, i'm going for second, and getting that first round bye.

aMD

QuoteI'd kinda like to stick with yahoo because I'm familiar with it and I have a profile going and so one.  Plus I've never really cared for aol in general. but if you insist on aol i trust you.

we can stick with yahoo, i also have a profile that i like to use.  pitchers like my boy santana will be taken 1st round. pitchers are valuable. when i set up a league, i usually have the same amount of categories for batters and pitchers.

with daily updates, you can like in basketball work a head. you can go 4 days for pitchers. there's a carrot icon for the potential starter of that day. so its not that bad.

Fantasy B-ball, i'm hoping i can make some ground up this week. you're playing my brother. so hopefully i can weasel my way back into second place.  good luck, i'm going for second, and getting that first round bye.

Yeah, I'm pulling for your brother for second because I think I'd rather face him than you.  But I'm still going to give it my all because I don't want to slip to third, plus I wouldn't do that to you.

I know who I'm taking in the first round. wanna call a truce? i don't take santana you don't take b-webb?  

btw, santana's still your boy, huh?

bearass

Quotei play on yahoo do you have to be an aol member to play there?
you?

no you don't have to be a member, which is a good thing, because i'm not paying for AOL.

i am a worried twins fan. i'm not sure which way the organization is going. i see you're from springfield, my brother went to school there. I really like that stadium you guys have down there. the bars are really cool. i enjoyed myself at pat & alleys and springfield brew co, to name a few. BUT i always loved going to Ebbets Field, that is a very cool place. you go there?

hammons field is super nice though i only have been there a handful of times AA is pretty sloppy so i would just as well drive to stl to see some real ball,
ebbets field is a good sports bar and patton alley is super chill i try to stay away from downtown cause thats where all the club kids go iusually end up at buffalo wild wings or somethin on the south side of town....at least the twins still have mauer :)

Jaimoe

Quote....at least the twins still have mauer :)

And even better, you still have Morneau.

Foxtrot76

I'd be willing to join whatever league you guys get going. GO CUBS!

.Walt

hey guys i set up a league for us. I thought we better get serious about this--before all the draft times fill up.

draft time can change. but it can get too late to change it...so the sooner the better.
stats can change too. it's a 7x7 league. (i like the stats the way they are)
its on yahoo, and the draft is on Sun Mar 23 3:00pm CDT

League ID#: 171752
League Name: Fans of My Morning Jacket
Password: baseball

.Walt

we should do the "ticket" thing with baseball too. $10 max per team?? but only sign up if you're willing pay. just a thought, or we could keep it free.

i don't think Bama has cashed my check for football.

Foxtrot76

Quotehey guys i set up a league for us. I thought we better get serious about this--before all the draft times fill up.

draft time can change. but it can get too late to change it...so the sooner the better.
stats can change too. it's a 7x7 league. (i like the stats the way they are)
its on yahoo, and the draft is on Sun Mar 23 3:00pm CDT

League ID#: 171752
League Name: Fans of My Morning Jacket
Password: baseball

just signed up. bring it on!

Actually just got back from spring training on Monday. Caught a few games in Mesa and Tempe. Tempe Diablo Stadium is beautiful!

aMD

I'll definitely sign up when I get home.  Do think we should start another thread.  to, you know, separate fantasy from reality.

.Walt

QuoteDo think we should start another thread.  to, you know, separate fantasy from reality.

yeah i think you're right...although you don't find tracy in this thread too often  ;D ;)

aMD

so are we going to add on to this thread or start a new one?  

[size=24]Opening Day 2008!!![/size]

Cincinnati looks real young (other than Griffey).  They are another year or two away from making some real noise. we've got a lot of promising talent, let's hope most of it pans out.  The d-backs could be dangerous now.

The real question, I guess, is: can ANYONE beat the Red Sox?!?

Penny Lane

YES---we can and we SHOULD have if travis hafner had been hitting. GO TRIBE!!!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

pawpaw

I think this is the year that either the Mets or Phillies get to the World Series. The NL West is also going to be STRONG, which is why the Giants could possibly have the worst record in the league after getting beat up by divisional rivals all season long.

As far as who beats the Red Sox...tough to say. They still have Beckett (don't they?), their offense is pretty much the same as last year, and the rookies will have another year of experience (Dustin Pedroia is from my hometown :)). Shilling is getting pretty old though, and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to wind down this year. I'd love to see an AL Central team whip up on the Sox or Yankees in the AL Championship, but Boston still has to be the favorite to win the Pennant.

But we've got a long way to go before all of that...
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jaimoe

The Jays are being picked by many US scribes as the darkhorse for the East Pennant. We'll see. I think the Jays will take the game tonight in Yankee Stadium since my man Roy Halladay is still one of the best pitchers in the Majors.

red

QuoteThe Jays are being picked by many US scribes as the darkhorse for the East Pennant. We'll see. I think the Jays will take the game tonight in Yankee Stadium since my man Roy Halladay is still one of the best pitchers in the Majors.
I can't wait for this season to start, I love the look of it already.

I'm almost beside myself with anticipation to see Eckstein in action and I'm so excited for the day that B.J.'s off the 15-day disabled list.  Rolen's a great acquisition.  And the return of Stewart!  I just hope my favourite Jay - John McDonald gets tons of action.

Tonight can't come soon enough.