Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

I think our chances are good considering how tight the AL Central is.I am really pleased how Gomez and Hernandez are performing after losing Santana and Hunter.

We took 3 outta 4 from the defending champs over the weekend,awesome!!!

were you able to watch any of the games?  i still can't believe that Hernandez is doing so well. i'm still not sold of him, but i never would have guessed that we would be where we're at. things are looking good right now, even without santana and hunter.

k, what's it going to be. (as i hang my head low)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

bearass

how bout jim edmonds stabbing the cards in the back and signing with the cubs at least his days are behind him

Jellyfish

I think our chances are good considering how tight the AL Central is.I am really pleased how Gomez and Hernandez are performing after losing Santana and Hunter.

We took 3 outta 4 from the defending champs over the weekend,awesome!!!

were you able to watch any of the games?  i still can't believe that Hernandez is doing so well. i'm still not sold of him, but i never would have guessed that we would be where we're at. things are looking good right now, even without santana and hunter.

Yeah,I watched sunday and mondays games.I see we just got swept by the Jays dammit! >:(

And the Indians are on fire too.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

BH

QuoteFuck I hate Izzy. How many more saves does this guy have to blow before the look at getting someone else in there.
apparently a couple more

make that another one..  FUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Quotehow bout jim edmonds stabbing the cards in the back and signing with the cubs at least his days are behind him

Don't worry, Jimmy is just there for sabotage. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

red

Quotek, what's it going to be. (as i hang my head low)
I think this one should look pretty good:

As for the caption, I think just SWEPT!!! should do.   8-)

.Walt

Quotek, what's it going to be. (as i hang my head low)
I think this one should look pretty good:

As for the caption, I think just SWEPT!!! should do.   8-)

good series. but another series, another bet!  ;)

.Walt

i thought you would've gone with your boy "the professional hitter". he did awesome the first two games.

TheBigChicken

Hey MJ don't look now but the Rays are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be a great series... ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bowl of soup

QuoteHey MJ don't look now but the Rays are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be a great series... ;)

The world is really not coming to grips with just how good we are.  How does last place feel Yankees?
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

mjkoehler

QuoteFuck I hate Izzy. How many more saves does this guy have to blow before the look at getting someone else in there.
apparently a couple more

make that another one..  FUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK!
That was just fucking atrocious.

Foxtrot76

QuoteHey MJ don't look now but the Rays are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be a great series... ;)

The world is really not coming to grips with just how good we are.  How does last place feel Yankees?

I could not be happier that the yanks are currently cellar dwelling. And yeah, the Rays have got an awesome group of young talent. They are fun as hell to watch. Baseball the way it oughtta be played.

On another note, I was in the bleachers at Wrigley again yesterday and ran into this cool ass group of older peeps (probably in their late '40's/early '50's). ALL of them were hip to the jacket and had their tix to Chicago Theatre via presale yesterday. Totally cool and random to run into people like that. We then proceeded to party at the local reggae bar after another cubbies victory.

.Walt

okay K i'm done with the Jays avatar. it hurt...but wait till next series!

Taterbug

My new favorite Sox player   Carlos Quentin  MVP,  MVP  chant with me.

Going for 9 in a row tonite  :o
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

.Walt

tater, are most of your friends cubs fans?

ItStillJaimoe

Wow! Jays ace Roy Halladay pitched his 5th Complete Game of the season last night (best in the entire majors by 3) and #5 starter Jesse Litsch pitched his first-ever CG and shut-out today (his record is 6-1 and this is his first season). If the Jays could actually hit with runners in scoring position, Halladay would be 9-1 and on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Taterbug

Quotetater, are most of your friends cubs fans?

Actually no, I would say about 70 % of my buds are Sox fans.   I did lose some friends when Barret BITCH slapped A.j. Pierzynski.  Just Kidding,  We have fun with the rivalry. I root for the cubbies.   I just won't go to Wrigley without a hard hat on from fear of the upper mezzanine concrete falling on me.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

bowl of soup

And the team with the best record in baseball i day after Memorial Day is....drumroll please:

We are not the Tampa Rays.  Tampa is a city, Tampa Bay comprises a geographic area.  The Rays play in St. Pete.  Next Sportscenter anchor who calls us the Tampa Rays.....

red

When did the 'Devil' go?

bowl of soup

QuoteWhen did the 'Devil' go?

Well, the Devil went down to Georgia...

The "Devil" was never popular with some of our more god-fearing fans, so we're now just the Rays.  I refused to go along with this for some time - the winning has converted me; but I also called the Trop "the Thunder Dome" until a couple of years ago.

The new logo implies that the Rays no longer refers to the rays that swim and look cool, but rather rays of sunshine.  But they put a tank full of swimming Rays in the outfield last year (you can touch 'em and stuff).  So they're sending conflicting messgaes.  Whatever, just win baby.