Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

Preview of ALCS tonite.  Rays vs Sox.  
I think I may boycott the allstar game, WAY to many east coast players on the starting roster. And no Carlos Quentin.  I guess I will have to just write him in like we did Podsednik.  
GO SOX
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

TheBigChicken

GO RAYS....BEEEAAATTTCCCHHH'''''' ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Penny Lane

i'd like to rant about the tribe. hafner has not even been playing, they can't hit, they blew it monday night w/the white sox in extra innings--thank god their pitching has improved. at least the yankees stink lately, too---i know it's a long season but this is not looking good.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Taterbug

QuoteGO RAYS....BEEEAAATTTCCCHHH'''''' ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good game last nite.  B.J Upton is something special,  he has a rocket arm. When he threw out Cabrera trying to stretch that triple, it looked like a frozen rope.  You guys have a great young team.  last nite was my first time seeing them play.
How about that homer by Konerko  :o,  have you ever seen anyone put it off the catwalk before ?
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Foxtrot76

BH

'nuff said

That's good, you better get your braggin' in now, before the yearly collapse sets in. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Foxtrot76

'nuff said

That's good, you better get your braggin' in now, before the yearly collapse sets in. ;)

yeah yeah....I don't see the typical June swoon happening this year though. That lineup is too good. The starters bother me a little but the 'pen looks great.

gundy

I love my SD Padres but being third to last in the entire league just makes my stomach churn!! No bats and our pitching is really suffering...Hopefully after the all-star break they can see the light at the end of the tunnel. At least get to .500!!!

bowl of soup

QuoteGO RAYS....BEEEAAATTTCCCHHH'''''' ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good game last nite.  B.J Upton is something special,  he has a rocket arm. When he threw out Cabrera trying to stretch that triple, it looked like a frozen rope.  You guys have a great young team.  last nite was my first time seeing them play.
How about that homer by Konerko  :o,  have you ever seen anyone put it off the catwalk before ?

3 out of four from the White Sox.  I got your fluke right here.  The 3-game set with the Red Sox beginning tonight is the biggest in team history.

Many balls clang off of the catwalks.  There are four rings - the A, B, C, and D rings.  Hit the C or the D and its a home run.  Hit the A or the B and the ball is in play if it hits in fair territory.  So a ball can clang of the B ring and be caught for an out or fall for a hit.  If it gets stuck - its a foul ball.  Carlos Pena is the king of hitting the catwalks.

This is one of the main complaints about the Trop and a reason that the new open-air stadium is being pushed.  I hope they get the new stadium, but I love the Trop.  Ever sat outside in Florida at 7 p.m. in August?  First it rains on you, then its 95 degrees with 1000% humidity, and then bugs start attacking you.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Taterbug

3 out of four from the White Sox.  I got your fluke right here.  

I never said the Rays were a " fluke ".

Those were some good games that could have gone either way.  I was very impressed.  If the White Sox don't start hittin the ball they are gonna sink to the bottom of the standings quick.

What's up with the attendance for the Ray's.  The better start selling some tickets before they plan on building a new stadium or move the team to Orlando were they are appreciated  ;D

Thanks for the education on the rings.  So what your saying is that Konerko's homer  was not very impressive.    :( :)

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

bowl of soup

Quote3 out of four from the White Sox.  I got your fluke right here.  

I never said the Rays were a " fluke ".

Those were some good games that could have gone either way.  I was very impressed.  If the White Sox don't start hittin the ball they are gonna sink to the bottom of the standings quick.

What's up with the attendance for the Ray's.  The better start selling some tickets before they plan on building a new stadium or move the team to Orlando were they are appreciated  ;D

Thanks for the education on the rings.  So what your saying is that Konerko's homer  was not very impressive.    :( :)

Not personal to you - but to the world in general.  I agree about the games: playoff-like.  We actually play 3 games a year in Orlando and they don't sell out a 10,000 seat stadium, so Orlando is not in our future (Vegas on the other hand...).  We did sell out Saturday night and people are starting to come.

You have to realize that we can stake a good claim to being the worst organized American professional sports franchise ever.  We have finished last every year but 1 (4th out of 5 that year) and the fans got burned by previous owners.

.Walt

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

TheBigChicken

I WISH Jamie Shields would have connected with the punch he threw at Cookie Crisp. They would still be looking for that guys teeth. Make the world a better place,punch the Red Sox in the face ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  GO RAYS
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bowl of soup

QuoteI WISH Jamie Shields would have connected with the punch he threw at Cookie Crisp. They would still be looking for that guys teeth. Make the world a better place,punch the Red Sox in the face ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  GO RAYS

That hurt.  We need James pitching, not swinging.  We can't keep getting swept by the Red Sox.  Man I hate them.  More than the Yankees.  We have a fairly nasty history with the Sawx.

Taterbug

4 game SWEEP, were is all that Minnesota love.  You guys just played the wrong team at the right time.  I think they had a 220 something team batting average going into that series.  I know, I know... it's way to early. But a 6 1/2 game lead is a good thing in our division.  

.Walt

Quote4 game SWEEP, were is all that Minnesota love.  You guys just played the wrong team at the right time.  I think they had a 220 something team batting average going into that series.  I know, I know... it's way to early. But a 6 1/2 game lead is a good thing in our division.  

wow, what a horrible series.  i was hoping for this (but no brooms?).  you're right about playing the wrong team at the wrong time.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

bowl of soup

World Series preview begins tonight.  Marlins vs. Rays - the Sunshine Series, the battle for I-75, The Revenge of Al Gore.

bowl of soup

Can we get a Cub fan to testify!