Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowl of soup

It's funny how happy baseball has made me over the past little bit of time.  For the last time, we are no longer evil.  We now work for the forces of light and have ended our long association with the devil.  We do not play baseball in Tampa, we play in St. Pete.  Tampa is an actual city defined by borders, Tampa Bay is a body of water or a way to refer to a region of our fine State of Florida.

The Bucs play in Tampa, the Lightning plays in Tampa, the Storm plays in Tampa, the Rays play in St. Pete.  We play insde a dome and the balls sometimes hit the roof - this is the only thing wrong with our stadium.  People who make fun of our stadium haven't been there and should be made to sit in my back yard for 4 hours between 7 and 11 every night.

We are the Tampa Bay Rays - the best team in baseball.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteIt's funny how happy baseball has made me over the past little bit of time.  For the last time, we are no longer evil.  We now work for the forces of light and have ended our long association with the devil.  We do not play baseball in Tampa, we play in St. Pete.  Tampa is an actual city defined by borders, Tampa Bay is a body of water or a way to refer to a region of our fine State of Florida.

The Bucs play in Tampa, the Lightning plays in Tampa, the Storm plays in Tampa, the Rays play in St. Pete.  We play insde a dome and the balls sometimes hit the roof - this is the only thing wrong with our stadium.  People who make fun of our stadium haven't been there and should be made to sit in my back yard for 4 hours between 7 and 11 every night.

Worst team name in baseball. Sorry  ;D
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ycartrob

TheBigChicken

I was at a Braves game when Claudell charged the mound when he was hit by Mario Soto of the Reds....shit I'm old :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bowl of soup

QuoteIt's funny how happy baseball has made me over the past little bit of time.  For the last time, we are no longer evil.  We now work for the forces of light and have ended our long association with the devil.  We do not play baseball in Tampa, we play in St. Pete.  Tampa is an actual city defined by borders, Tampa Bay is a body of water or a way to refer to a region of our fine State of Florida.

Worst team name in baseball. Sorry  ;D

Perhaps we could name our team after the color of our hose.  Or maybe we could choose to name ourselves after a specific group of people or a slur for a specific group of people and then salt the insult by having wacky mascots and performing rituals we think are associated with the group of people.

Our name is no worse than the collection of birds or other wild animals represented in MLB.  Many rays swim in Tampa Bay; there are lots of Rays of sunshine down here every day.  (OK, it's not that clever).  Oh yea, our lead is now 2 and a half games and Kazmir throws tonight.

Taterbug

I personally am stoked for the Rays, and happy to see the Yankees and Red sox behind them. Ya, Boston And the New York are the big east coast rivalry ..  yada yada yada.. and it's good for ratings.  The Rays are for real. Just ask the White Sox fans who watched them get swept by them.   They have the best record TODAY. So they do deserve some credit.  Let's see where they are at in another month.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

bowl of soup

.Walt

Jaimoe, Canada Day was well represented in Minnesota. Justin Morneau went (i think) 4-5 or 3-4. After every hit they'd zoom in on the Canadian flag hanging. There were a bunch of sign about Canada Day in the stands. You'd be proud.  8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jellyfish

Twins took that series 2-3 from Detroit too.Now on to Cleveland.Hard to believe they are in last place 12 games out.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

TheBigChicken

hope JD is OK.....GO RAYS!!!!!!  I'm loving this...
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

.Walt

Jellyfish

Gotta love that sweep of the tribe.Congrats to Joe Mauer! Mourneau and Nathan shoulda been selected as starters as well but I am a bit biased. ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

.Walt

J-Fish rumor has it...

My dad was saying something about the twins looking to get Carlos Lee from the Astros. I'm not sure why they would want to get rid of him, but i'll take him.

Bigsky

Sweep Bitches!

TB is hot and the Red Sox are not... :'(

Taterbug

Thank goodness C.C. Sabathia is going to the N.L. Central.   Very good news for the White Sox  He is 14-4 career against them.

Look out Cub fans,  Here come the Brew Crew.   When that guy is in the zone he is un-hittable.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Foxtrot76

QuoteThank goodness C.C. Sabathia is going to the N.L. Central.   Very good news for the White Sox  He is 14-4 career against them.

Look out Cub fans,  Here come the Brew Crew.   When that guy is in the zone he is un-hittable.  

Well, hopefully Harden is the answer. I haven't seen him pitch too much, but when healthy, I hear he's got 4 pretty dominating pitches.

Oh, my wife and I went to St Louis over the weekend with my parents to catch the 3 Cubs-Cardinals games and I have to say that Cardinal fans are without a doubt some of the coolest people I've ever met! Actually partied with quite a few of them over at Laclede's Landing after the saturday game. Greatest rivalry in baseball in my opinion...

Taterbug

I agree with you on the Cubs Cards rivalry. It's right up there with the Bears & Packers.    Thats awesome they treated you nicely down there.  I know some cards fans that go to Wrigley and they say Cubs fans are relentless in dogging them. But thats what it's all about when you go to hostile territory.  I'm seeing the Cubbies on Saturday on a rooftop, which one I have no idea.  FREE TICKETS,  Couldn't turn them down. I might be a Pale House  fan but I'm not stupid.  I think I'm gonna wear my 69 Mets hat  ;).   It's been 20 + years since I've been to a Cubs game. Looking forward to it.  

mjkoehler

We do try here in St Louis to be nice.

Foxtrot76

QuoteI agree with you on the Cubs Cards rivalry. It's right up there with the Bears & Packers.    Thats awesome they treated you nicely down there.  I know some cards fans that go to Wrigley and they say Cubs fans are relentless in dogging them. But thats what it's all about when you go to hostile territory.  I'm seeing the Cubbies on Saturday on a rooftop, which one I have no idea.  FREE TICKETS,  Couldn't turn them down. I might be a Pale House  fan but I'm not stupid.  I think I'm gonna wear my 69 Mets hat  ;).   It's been 20 + years since I've been to a Cubs game. Looking forward to it.  

Yeah I know for a fact that Cardinal fans probably wouldn't have received the same treatment at Wrigley, and it's shame really.

Enjoy the game Tater! The rooftops are definitely a good time.